[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Go is causing me to have issues with my chosen lifestyle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: pokemon-go.jpg (40 KB, 700x389) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-go.jpg
40 KB, 700x389
>Be a fan of Japanese culture
>Always loved Pokemon in particular
>However I am a recluse
>I have managed to convince my parents that I have intense anxiety and will have a mental breakdown if I ever go outside
>Has reached the point where they bring food to my room then leave me alone
>I haven't had to see them in 2 years
>Haven't been outside in 4 years
>Pokemon Go requires me to go outside to play the fucking game

Heres the thing. I am not afraid to go outside. I would love to. But to continue my easy NEET lifestyle I need to stay in my room 24/7. I can't sneak out the window because my room is on the 2nd floor and I am too fat to climb down the wall. I can't wait for my parents to go to work because I am unsure of their schedules.

I have tried asking my mother through the door is she would be willing to take my device to capture pokemon for me but when I asked her if she could go and grab the nearby Magikarp she started asking 'what brand of chips is that?'. Apparently it is impossible for me to want anything other than food from these people.

Anyone else here finding this? I cannot lose my lifestyle for a few Pokemon but I feel I am missing out badly. I have even tried emailing Nintendo to ask for Pokemon to be placed into my room, explaining my situation in detail with no response. The only tactic I have left to try is begging my parents to move my bedroom downstairs and they can move the dining room up into here. That way I could sneak out the window. However I don't think they would do that as they host dinner parties and my room has a long standing residual smell of dirt and sweat which cannot be removed.
>>
Kill yourself you fucking degenerate scum fucking retard
>>
so sick of hearing about this gay normie game
>>
>>29832121

It's a shit game don't bother, very incomplete. Sad!
>>
File: 1466100642635.jpg (502 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466100642635.jpg
502 KB, 1000x1200
You're a human waste of space
>>
>>29832121
I don't believe you.

Either way, the game sucks. Mainline games are vastly superior.
>>
>>29832121
Hope your parents leave on a vacation and you starve to death.
>>
File: 1375573456747.png (64 KB, 716x720) Image search: [Google]
1375573456747.png
64 KB, 716x720
>>29832121
It looks shit anyway, just play a regular Pokemon game.
>>
just go outside

you will see how nice it actually is and your parents will be happy
>>
>>29832121
show you neet room or I don't bolive you.
>>
>>29832121
show you neet room or I don't bolieve you.
>>
Anon, you have mastered the otaku lifestyle. You are a true robot.

That being said, there's not much you can do to play Pokemon go without going outside. I would say that since your parents really don't understand what you're asking of them, and you don't really have any external connections (bc recluse) you would probably do better to just not play it. That is, unless you forsake your true NEET lifestyle.
>>
>>29832249
>>29832274
Come on champ! Just try one more time!
>>
How does it work playing in the car?
>>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-09/pokemon-go-player-discovers-dead-body/7583188
Gotta catch em all
>>
Holy fuck this thing eats some battery. Anyone else being battery raped?
>>
>>29832121
Tape the phone to a drone and if you can't afford it a radio control car home alone style. Its the only way
>>
File: IMG_20160709_124252.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160709_124252.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>29832839
I'm running utorrent and Pokemon go on 4G unlimited data

What battery problems ?
Just get a anker 26800mah battery pack
>>
Getting a message saying servers are down. That was fun for five minutes.
>>
>>29832839
Normal phone games rape battery to begin with, add the fact that it uses the GPS and the camera and it's not surprising it's so hard on the battery.

I just wish I could lock my screen and still have wild encounters and put distance on my egg. I hate walking around with my phone in my hand and having the screen on kills the battery further.
>>
>>29832997
I just read you can't battle pokemon in the wild. Kind of kills it for me tbqh
>>
The entire point of the game is to be outside What the fuck is the point of playing if you don't get the sense of accomplishment by catching the Pokemon yourself?

You could come out and admit to your parents that you're a scumbag and you've been using them, but let's be real, you won't do that. So your only real options would be pretend you've suddenly gotten over all of anxiety, or just sit this one out, bud.
>>
>>29832997
Buy the fucking solar charger you moron
It has two charges by default plus it keeps charging while you are outside
>>
>>29832121
just play an ACTUAL pokemon game not this shit gimmick.
>>
>>29833017
what if I'm outside at night
>>
>>29832121
Is this bait? Literally being a parasite without even seeing your parents for two years?
>>
>>29832121
>robot
>playing pokemon GO
What about playing an actual pokemon game
>>
Are there any pokemon games for PC? Actual games, not flash shit.
>>
>>29833011
this stupid fucking OP
>>
>>29833066
The trading card game is on PC
>>
>>29833026
It still holds two charges worth of battery in a battery plus it's dirt cheap.
I was thinking about buying at least two since it can power anything with 5 volts meaning any USB gadget can be powered by this
>>
>>29832121
>Believing anything this retard has typed out.
Dumbass
>>
>>29832121
why not play an actual fucking pokemon game you retard
>>
>>29832121
I hope you're joking? if not then I'm sorry for you.
Your biggest problem in life is not pokemon right now, get your priorities straight.

But anyway, I think you can find some apps in appstore that fucks with your GPS so you can trick your phone that you're in a different place, a friend of mine told me he use an app like that for tinder but I guess it can be used to pokemon GO as well.
>>
>>29832121
Are you trying to be funny right now? Lol cause it's working
>>
>>29833089
Seriously, USB gadgets are shit because they are though as some shitty toy to be powered by your computer but this allows to have any 5volt decide working all day long at any place which is cool as fuck and it doesn't need an integrated solar panel.because you can just unplug and use it on something else, when you consider what you can make with microcontrollers this is cool as fuck, first step towards home automatization
>>
>>29832938
>4g unlimited data

where do you live?
>>
>>29833215
Plus it doubles as a light censor
Think about it like this, maybe you want an automated farm which makes everything until its harvesting point
5 volts won't power a watering system but it can power a controller that holds all the software and computing meaning that no matter what the system will remain operational plus it can tell when it's day and night.
And that's for farming
It can make a rain collection system
It can control a system that stops rivers from growing too much and flooding a town
It can do fucking anything
>>
>>29833307
You may be asking whats the point? Well solar power as a source of energy is pretty retarded over nuclear as long as access to electricity line is possible
But this cheap thing can sense anything that can be digitally sensed, maybe it can't fix large river draining thing but it can warn people so they can evacuate or prepare, so just add a battery you say? With this thing it will keep working years after humanity is destroyed
>>
>>29832121
Buy that fucking 35 dollars shit that's for Pokemon go and make your parents wear it
It'll automatically catch Pokemon 4 u
>>
It's a shitty normie game anyway, you shouldn't sacrifice your glorious NEET-Uebermensch lifestyle for some latest Nintendo money making scheme. Just watch some let's play on JewTube if you love Pokemon so much, you autist.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x610
Some will be in your house.

Most of what I capture have been from the comfort of my couch but I guess I do love in a popular area.

I caught this sucker two seconds ago, a nice way to start my new life alone bruh.
>>
>>29834245
post your feet anon hehehehe
>>
>>29832160
This, it's shit, it's not the dream game we asked for it's a piece of shit that has almost nothing to do with pokemon except for the pokemon models
>>
>>29833066
yes it's called using emulators
>>
>>29833100
>>29833111
Where the hell do you think you are?

Fuck off normies seriously
>>
Not compatible with my device. Im running android 4.2.2.

Fuck you developers.
>>
>>29832423
show your neet room or I don't bolieve you.
>>
>>29832444
I've heard that if you go over 20mph it registers as driving, and won't allow you to catch any
>>
>>29834480
They got Kek's blessing, OP is definitely making this up
>>
>>29833066
Just get an emulator and play with a comfy controller of your choice, I use a classic dual shock 2 PS2 controller.
>>
File: image.png (625 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
625 KB, 750x1334
>>29834245
Eevee's a fucking patrician pokemon.
>>
>>29834558
Ew wtf that's horrible.
>>
>>29834521
Welp there goes a shit load of sales on android
>>
The game is shit, don't even bother.
>>
>>29834636
Ya, you need minimum 4.4 to use it. Fuck that shit.

And I can't use my 5.0 tablet to play it either because i hear it won't run on tablets
>>
>>29832121
Is it true it doesn't even have player versus player battles

that was really the only appeal to me
>>
>>29832121
>can't battle wild pokemon
>can't battle other trainers
>only gen 1
>P2W

Why did Nintendo allow this to happen? It could've been so good.
>>
File: 1468030535797.png (217 KB, 253x450) Image search: [Google]
1468030535797.png
217 KB, 253x450
>playing pokemon go shit that is literally just roam around and tap to capture with no other gameplay
>not playing a game for robots
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/07/08/i-hate-you-japans-anime-style-mobile-romance-game-starring-girls-who-will-never-ever-love-you/
>>
>>29834387

NEVER i cropped it for a reason

>>29834604
I have so many eevees in my area but all I truly want is a vulpix. Obviously legendaries and rares too but I don't feel like leaving my house just yet
>>
>>29834884
wtf anon I want to suck on your cute toes.

please post them
>>
File: a62.png (262 KB, 680x661) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
262 KB, 680x661
>>29832121
This post is completely and utterly believable.
>>
>>29834707
Whenever it comes to mobile, all companies see dollar signs in their eyes.

Besides Nintendo is retarded as fuck.
>The whole Youtube thing
>"Its illegal to play our old games on emulators, you should play the new ones instead"
>>
>>29832121
there's NOTHINg that could stop me from doing my shitty Hobby!
>>
This is just the release and obviously they are going to add things like events, player vs player, clothes for your avatar, other gen Pokemon, trading etc.

I just wish the servers didn't go down so much. It's like ever 30 minutes it goes down.

>>29834944

Shoo shoo
>>
>>29835229
>obviously they are going to add things like events, player vs player, clothes for your avatar, other gen Pokemon, trading etc.

You think too highly of a lazy mobile phone developer team, if they got this much of a buzz and money from a halfassed release like this then they don't have to bother with more features. The most I see them doing is adding more generations of pokemon
>>
>>29835229
come on please anon?

i love your feet
>>
>>29832121
Are you a virgin?

(original post do not steal)
>>
>>29832121

>tfw to catch an Articuno you have to visit Antarctica
>To catch Moltres you need to climb Mauna Loa
>To catch Zapdos you need to visit the everlasting lightning storm of Venezuela
>To catch Mew and Mewtwo you need to visit the moon

I can see it now, millions of autists being murdered by nature to catch some pixels.
>>
Pokemon GO is gay like you op.
>>
>be on a pokemon thread on a forum board because I'm a faggot
>no one cares about Go before it came out
>it gets released
>everyone loses their shit and 98% of the thread becomes about that shit game

I hate this meme shit. I tried it for 15 minutes to see what the fuss is about and half of the time it was just buggy and when it did work all that there was to do was throw a pokeball at pokemon
>>
>>29835512
that wont happen anon that sounds autistic.
>>
>>29835604

Pokemon is a game for autists anyway.

Normies stopped liking pokemon after generation 3.
>>
>>29835639
POST YOUR FEET

PLEASE ANON PLEASE
>>
>>29833302
I'm not that guy but my mom has unlimited LTE here in the US from Simple Mobile. I'd get it too but no T-Mobile coverage at my dad's house and I visit there for weeks on end.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.