[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /bad skin/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: Psoriasis_on_back1.jpg (112 KB, 405x396) Image search: [Google]
Psoriasis_on_back1.jpg
112 KB, 405x396
Psoriasis checking in here, this shit is literally the reason I will never have a gf. Can't even look at myself in the mirror without feeling absolutely disgusted. Skin problems are always so difficult to try and hide since it's literally everywhere on your body (well at least for me anyway) and it's instantly repulsive to any normie who see it

Eczema/acne/any other skin stuff welcome here
>>
If that's the only thing stopping you then you should go away, normalfaggot.
>>
>>29831291
I have terrible social skills too but I feel like it's a result of having bad skin, kids were probably creeped out meaning I didn't get enough experience socially when I was younger
>>
I have oily, acne skin

What helped was establishing a facial skin care routine.

>Shower in the morning
>Use a gentle cleanser
>Moisturize

At night

>Wash face
>Use gentle cleanser
>Moisturize

Wednesday and Sunday
>Instead of the cleanser in the shower, use a facial scrub
>Then moisturize

It's so simple yet has done wonders for my skin.
Give it a try lads

I use Cerave cleanser and moisturizer

The scrub is up to you and your skin type.
>>
Chronic psoriasis here.
After years of struggle and drugs i am at the end of the road for treatment. The meds im on now are the only ones left in the country to try
>>
I've had sebhorreic dermatitis on my face for about 2 years now. Prior to that I had perfect skin.
>>
>>29831437
Have you tried UV or anything like that? That didn't work on me so my doctor is recommending immunosuppressants, kind of worried about taking them though
>>
mines pretty shit. probably vitamin d deficiency because its a lot better when i get some sun
>>
>>29831240
who /keratosis pilaris/ here?
>>
>>29831474
Have you tried travocort cream for your seb derm? If you havent, try it. Might work for you.

I had seb derm for over a year until recently. My dermatologist prescribed me with all sorts of cream for it that I had to buy from her. They all didnt work. However, she told me to buy travocort cream for my ringworm. Just the generic one from other drug store.

I was getting tired of buying from her for my seb derm so I tried using travocort cream for it. I didnt actually expect it to work but it did. My seb derm is now gone although it left a white patch on my forehead.
>>
eczema here. It's the middle of winter and it's the absolute worst in this time. Not much helps it except a few things. avoiding wheat, taking zinc and eating good fats like cocnut oil and grass fed butter
>>
>>29831611
me!
I think I aslo have a pretty bad case of KP.
It's all over my arms and legs. :(
>>
>>29831635
Really? I've been through the whole rigmarole with facial cleansers, fungal shampoos and corticosteroids which seemed to do absolutely nothing. Really at my wits end. I'll look into the travocort though.
>>
i have polymorphic light eruption but its not as bad as when i was a kid, i have really dry weird skin also though and it sucks, nothing major but it still sucks and is unappealing
>>
>>29831384
I had strong acne at 15 and I waited 10 years before getting accutane which resulted in plenty of scars and the treatments are uneffective, costly and left also scars.
The best part is that I had girls interested when I was full of pimples, but the girls were average. I also had a oneitis before and during my acne. After accutane, no girls were interested.
Now I no longer care about sex and even less women, so I am glad to not experience all the trouble that normies endure to get women.
>>
I tried TCA peels by myself, and I fucked up too.
I did not have near me the basic solution to stop the acid and so I went on for too long. The result is that I have bad permanent redness . I tried some laser hoping it would remove the redness and the acne scars. It removed the redness only when the air is not hot. I still have my scars. Also, I am burnt the whole area under the chin: redness, permanent dryness. As soon as I enter a heated building, my skin around the nose, cheeks and the eyes becomes red, with the delineation being the one where the TCA was applied.
The result is that I am red, plus a bit of HYPOpigmentation on one side of the nose, plus some acne scars which get red too. It is truly ugly.

I also have one temple which is grainy, not smooth due to TCA.
>>
>>29831384

if you have cystic acne its likely hormonal:
+ birth control if grill
+ accutane
+ no dairy

if you have nodular acne or very infrequent cysts:
+ accutane
+ topical retinoids
+ cycline antibiotics (mino, tetra, etc)
+ no dairy

if you have pustules:
+ accutane
+ topical retinoids
+ cyclines
+ benzyl peroxide
+ no dairy

if you have pimples:
+topical retinoids
+benzyl peroxide
+acne.org regimin and all that (wash face only twice, no soaps, etc)

The distinctions arent super rigid. Point is severe acne (cysts, nodules) can't be treated with otc remedies or drugs or "lifehacks" and pretty much 100% require accutane.

Less severe acne you could maybe try some random things to see whats what, but if you have acne thats causing SCARRING, dont fuck around with anything but accutane, because scarring is permanent and lasts for life, no matter what you do.

So if you have acne and its causing scarring, get on accutane.

Also don't go to acne.org, the only people who use that are bitter angry teens whom accutane did not work for, so there is only sensationalistic shit about how bad accutane is.

I listened to those cucks and prolonged treatment with accutane by 1 year, and got about 10 new deep scars. Then i went on accutane, 15g total, 8 months, and the worst i had was dry lips.

You just have to try accutane and see if it works for you, dont listen to hysterical teens and ignorant people who will attribute a red mars to accutane.
>>
>>29831858
>>29831895
Right, I think my method only works for just oily skin and mild acne. I'm not saying don't go to a dermatologist, I'm saying a good routine (as advised by a professional) can do wonders. Mine just happened to work for my skin type and problems
>>
Psoriasis here. How do you guys cope mentally?

Lately I have trouble even leaving the house because of my anxieties. All that shame is inside my fucking head.
>>
>>29832633
OP here and I know that feel all too well, winter is normally fine because I can just wear a massivr coat but in summer I see all the normies wearing shorts and t shirts while I'm stuck inside in a hoodie. I know it's normie advice but the best thing you can do is accept that you're not responsible for it, I don't know about you but most people don't (at least openly anyway) seem to be too bothered and it's more of a self hatred thing
>>
>>29832693

And the two dozen years of shame, self-doubt, self-disgust and chronic intimacy issues?
>>
>>29831611
me. It's honestly fucking disgusting and it I've had enough negative comments that I will never be able to confidently wear short-sleeve shirts. I've tried everything under the sun. Fuck
>>
>>29832953
Psoriasis is an immune system problem, which is affected by stress. Maybe it IS your fault and you should just chill out and break the positive reinforcement cycle.
>>
I wouldn't be bad-looking if it wasn't for acne. Pisses me off.

>>29831895
>+ accutane
Has serious potential physical and mental side effects. Plus it's too late for me now with the scarring.

>+ no dairy
I'm skinny enough as it is.
>>
>>29832693
how bad do you have it? like the bleeding cracking kind ?
>>
>>29832953
Still trying to deal with that desu, I don't think it'll ever really go away so we'll just have to find some way to get through it
>>29833152
Yeah, although the cracking is starting to go down slightly, now it's more of a crust if anything
>>
>>29833043
Can confirm about accutane. Did not help with scaring, made me feel down, and made my skin dry.
>>
>>29831666

>implying that eczema knows what the cow ate

GTFO hippie faggot
>>
idk if it counts as a skin problem but I'm shitskinned so yes
>>
File: 1384057451625.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1384057451625.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>29833589
>name calling
>supports unethical agricultural practices

/pol/ has been leaking a lot lately
>>
File: _20160709_183706.jpg (990 KB, 3620x1956) Image search: [Google]
_20160709_183706.jpg
990 KB, 3620x1956
Got this shit on my arm. I don't know what it is and don't really want to know. Pls go away
>>
I've got Psoriasis on both my eye lids. Fucking goddamn shitfuck man I mean on top of everything of course I have a skin condition ON MY FACE
>>
How old are you guys?
I'm 26, my dad has psoriasis and I'm afraid I might have inherited it.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
Tfw tinea versicolor. Skin looks like the op pic
>>
>>29831240
i'd marry this shit if there were a cunt and tits on the other side. even if we don't remove the hairy penis and testicles, i don't care. long as there's a cunt and some tits somewhere in the mix.
>>
>>29833895
Don't worry, it's not genetic. He got it from getting fucked in the ass by tons of guys who have psoriasis. Your dad and his psoriasis friends don't fuck you, do they? If they do, you should ask them to stop.
>>
>>29831474
I have always had sebhorreic dermatitis and other shit on my face and scalp, I tried many things and only two of them seemed to work and still do until this very day.

The firts one is a moisture from the brand CIEN the one sold in Lidl , pic releated, Im spanish and its avaible here.

The other one is sea water, that shit is great for your skin, go to the sea if you can and fill a bottle with it apply everyday with cotton

Im currently seeing the effects of natural soap, the solid one, its going fairly well it seems to cure my face and scalp.

all of this is fairly cheap and you should try it, there is nothing to lose and all to win
>>
>>29834083
I guess I'll be ok then, he now has some variety of arthritis linked to psoriasis, serves him right for being a faggot.
>>
psoriasis fag here, try OTEZLA, it will make you shit your brains out but it get rid of psoriasis and PA!
>>
>>29833895
you might, I had 2 different cousins from both sides of my family with it. none of them have it as bad as I do.
>>
>>29834249
That's right, arthritis is God's punishment for being gay.
>>
>>29832633
well we I was a teenager I wanted to kill myself. got over that and as a 20 something I didn't give a fuck. however, I did have a great deal of trouble being intimate with women unless I was quite drunk. since I stopped drinking, I have been quite alone but I feel I have dealt with that.
>>
>>29834270
I have inverse psoriasis on my anus. It is very bad and is constant. When I have a hemorrhoid I become bedridden. If I eat food that causes diarrhea or a lot of shits and wiping, it can put me in hell for a week. Because it is on my anus, I can't use strong steroidal creams as they will thin the skin. I'm about ready to kill myself, been struggling with it for 8 years.
>>
>>29834415
that fucking sucks, i'm sorry bro.
>>
>>29834415
first off, stop wiping, after you shit, wash your ass in the shower then use soap and wash again....repeat as needing. get a medicine called cultivate, it will work on your butt and crotch. I actually got off cultivate when I started Otezla, it got rid of 99% of my inverse P. I am under dr orders to shower 3 times a day and after I shit.......you should not be using TP on your ass! you are just giving yourself a constant infection. if you are unlucky like me, that shit will spread throughout you body!!!!!!!
>>
>>29834462
Thanks I already do the shower thing. I have a routine where I shit in the morning and shower immediately. The wiping is mostly if I have a sick stomach and have to shit at work, and I bring portable wet ones so that I'm not just using rough TP. I will try cultivate. One problem I've had is that doctors don't seem to have a solution, I've been to dozens and have considered going to the MAYO clinic. I wouldn't be surprised if I got better advice from a fellow bot who has experienced inverse psoriasis than many doctors just throwing prescriptions that don't work at me.
>>
File: 1416025321773.jpg (26 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1416025321773.jpg
26 KB, 400x343
>>29831611
>tfw you always wear a hoodie
I just want to be able to wear shirts
>>
>>29834543
I use to apply the CUTIVATE once every 3 days, did a good job of suppressing the psoriasis. however, once I was on Otezla, I have hardly had to use it.
>>
>>29831611
h-here ;-;
>>
psoriasis here

It's very manageable as long as I stay away from cold weather. So I go down south in winters.
>>
>>29831895
This guy is right.

im on tetracycline and 7 long years of awful life shittening acne has completely cleared up and I'm a solid average again

also benzoyl peroxid is good shit, try it

SHIT TIER ACNE TREATMENT LIST
>meme tier Clean and Clear shite
>meme tier Clearasil
>any other meme tier supermarket trash that you see 10/10 teenagers advertising on TV with inspirational music in the back ground
NONE of it works

Accutane for severe shit, antibiotics for medium shit and benzoyl peroxide for lighter shit
>>
Any eczema bros here? Have that shit over like 90% of my body and it's horrible, all my skin is cracked and half scaling
>>
>>29831240
Serious acne scars here.
Not too much of a chip off my dick, honestly. I mean, it IS, but I try not to let it get me down.
Some people have laughed at me in my life, but whatever. I jokingly refer to myself as "acid face".
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.