[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone on r9k delivered pizzas? I have a car and a lot of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (352 KB, 1277x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352 KB, 1277x1920
Has anyone on r9k delivered pizzas? I have a car and a lot of free time and I've been thinking about applying at Dominos. Not really worried about tips or low hours because I already have another wageslave-tier job.

Do you have to talk to a lot of stacies and chads? I live in a college town so maybe that's a stupid question.

Have you ever been a delivery driver? What's it like? Any funny/creepy/weird stories?

>azn tits for your time
>>
>>29826136
Yeah. They're cool people, for the most part. There's a reason they have a bunch of friends; they're nice.
>>
File: spiderlandltd.jpg (105 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
spiderlandltd.jpg
105 KB, 600x600
Anon, I used to be a delivery driver a few years ago and I'll explain to you why it's a bad investment. First, being a delivery driver is a dangerous job. You run the risk of getting in a car accident, getting mugged, or just getting hit by a car running across the street to a house. Next, being a delivery driver puts wear and tear on your car. That adds up to maintenance and fuel costs over time that essentially negate the wage and tips you earn at your job. Also, many insurance companies will screw you over if you got in an accident while you used your car for a delivery job. Next, you will often deliver to places with no legal parking spots, which means you run the risk of getting a ticket that will cost you an entire day's pay. Lastly, every restaurant manager I worked for was a fucking asshole that treated employees like disposable equipment. That last point is anecdotal, but I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

I recommend becoming an Uber/Lyft driver much more than delivering food, but most of my points stand regardless. The restaurant industry is a realm of pain that will corrode your soul into a rusted husk

t. drunk failed normie
>>
>>29826136

We had a string of pizza driver robberies in my town. They'd order a pizza at a random house, wait outside and mug him when he was walking to the door.
>>
>>29826136
ex domino's delivery driver here.

Don't apply at Domino's. They gave me hours that nobody ordered for delivery during, and gave me hour and a half shifts, and generally just treated me like shit.
>>
>>29827412
You wanted a story too OP, so here you go.

>delivering a couple pizzas to some apartment on the outskirts of town
>knock on door
>the fattest woman i have ever seen opens the door
>easily 450 pounds, if not more
>no pants on
>no underwear
>just adult sized diaper
>didn't tip well

fuckin hambones
>>
>>29826319
>>29826136
I've also heard hired driver is the way to go. Set your own hours and never have to see the boss. If you can manage to hit all the checkmarks they give money is supposed to be pretty good.
>>
File: IMG_20160526_244957_570-Re4ch.jpg (305 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160526_244957_570-Re4ch.jpg
305 KB, 1280x720
>>29826136
WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?
>Do you have to talk to a lot of stacies and chads?
Not really. Mostly just your run-of-the-mill normies.
>What's it like?
It's alright.
Company pays me minimum wage ($8.50 at the moment); ~$700/month. I get tipped ~$1000/month. But the cost of living here is high, so the pay kinda blows, but having been NEET for six years (this is my first job btw), I prefer being a wageslave. But yeah, I pay $700/month on rent, my car gets 24 to 25 MPG and I sink about $200/month on gas (premium btw). Phone bill is $45/mo, ~$49 on car/health/dental insurance, between $250-$300 on food/groceries, - there's probably other shit I'm forgetting to mention but yeah I'm left with about $350-$400 in savings every month - IDK, maybe none of the above is relevant, but I'm just trying to give an idea. It's a super chill job, I enjoy it but I hate that I'm racking up 1300+ miles a month as well as the increased wear. Five of the seven hours that I'm on the clock are spent on the road. My store has a stupid-huge 16 mile delivery radius, so it usually takes me between 15 to 35 minutes to complete deliveries, on top of the 10-20 minutes the store takes to make the customers' orders. It gets extremely busy and a bit stressful once or twice a week during sales or weekends, there'll be a flood of orders that in-store staff struggle with, and so orders may get screwed up or skipped without anyone realizing it until you're dispatched to deliver it already. So of course there will be some pissed off customers.
>>
File: IMG_20160207_163656_259-Re4ch.jpg (855 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_163656_259-Re4ch.jpg
855 KB, 1920x1080
As long as you have GPS, you don't really need to worry about getting lost - but expect it if you aren't familiar with your surroundings. I think I've delivered to a couple thousand homes by now. I seldom see the same person twice, and of all the deliveries I've made, I've only had like two or three bad experiences. Most of the customers are understanding and friendly. All my coworkers are super chill, too. Only one of my managers is always screaming her head off but the others are awesome. I close nearly every night because we're open later than the other stores - so around 9 or 10 PM, I'll be the only driver, so best time to make cash, IMO. I hate doing dishes and taking out the trash so choosing the closing shift just means I have to sweep and mop the whole store, which was a challenge at first but I've mastered it. Don't have too many funny/creepy/weird stories. I've had a handful of customers offer me weed, I delivered to a bunch of elementary school kids one night and one little grill ran back to me when the transaction was complete and I was about to get in my car - she hugged me and said, "THANK YOU, UNCLE ANON!" Usually during my deliveries, I drive with the top down and people will say, "I WANT PIZZA!" - of the near eight months I've been doing this, I've yet to really come up with a response to that comment. Supposedly delivery is the 4th most dangerous job in the US - doesn't feel risky at all, but then again I'm not really delivering to any real ghetto areas. Haven't been robbed yet. Cops are super nice to me, too.
>>
This job's helped me A LOT with my anxiety. My mom was the one who actually got me in touch with the general manager - took me like three hours of hesitation to psyche myself up just to call her up and schedule an interview. But now I'm mostly over it. I've learned to make just enough small-talk with customers and delivered enough to make things not very awkward. It was a pain in the ass and kinda sucked getting things rolling at first though, because I had to take a tuberculosis test, go to court and get a copy of my driving record, make copies of my car's safety inspection certificate, registration and insurance, my driver license, etc. IIRC it costed me about $90 before I could work. Didn't get my first paycheck until a month after I had started, too. I think I'll keep this job for four or so more months - maybe I'll do a second year - but I want to move onto something else (preferably something that pays better) mainly to minimize the wear on my car. Thinking valet parking / mail delivery. Trying to think of a vaguely interesting experience that I could share atm... nothing really popping up... also IDK why you didn't ask this on /o/.

Well... there are stories involving inappropriate or illegal shenanigans that come to mind but I keep those stories separate from my image posts heuaheuaheuaheua
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.