[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cool things that you're not allowed to think are cool because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
Cool things that you're not allowed to think are cool because of memers. Things that for one reason or another became demonized in pop culture, but you don't care because cool is cool.

Normalfags who are just here to put internet strangers down are only allowed to post ITT if they can speak their mind without using le fedora me mes.
>>
Katanas. Some of the hand- forged ones are pure Art.
>>
>>29823575

assault weapons.

male obesity.

cryonics.

white imperialism.

> hold on just realized this isn't /pol/

being MGTOW / foreveralone

> hold on this isn't /b/

being autistic on purpose. Like, not talking at all for a month just because I can.
>>
>>29823575
Japanese weapons
>>
Shooting someone with a 12GA slug

I want to believe that you could see through the huge hole but I know it's not likely at all :(
>>
>>29823575
fedora.jpg

I used to wear mine all the time until it became synonyous with autists.
>>
>>29823681
anon I don't think you really understand the purpose of this thread
>>
File: Archangel-Large.jpg (263 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Archangel-Large.jpg
263 KB, 970x545
Might just be because I like it, but it feels there was a big backlash against steampunk recently. You definitely don't see much of it anymore.
>>
Being alone, eating alone, doing things alone like watching movies at the theater alone

it's seen as mass-shootery and sad
>>
>>29823834
>tfw you think you're the only one who genuinely enjoys solitude and is content with solitary activities
>>
>>29823679
Fucking beat me to it. I hate anime, but I really want a katana.
>>
>>29823749

I still love fedoras too and pretty much any other brimmed hat. It sucks that things go out of style in a way that makes them go from liked to hated.
>>
>edgy music
>dressing like a girl for non-fetish, non-identity related reasons, and any over-the-top or unconventional style of dress
>existential discussion that gets dismissed as pseudo-intellectual, which it may be, but that doesn't make it not cool imo
>extreme dieting, superficial self-harming, any kind of biological rejection like that
>intentionally deluding yourself to see how it feels
>any kind of subculture that hasn't been appropriated yet
>homeless people

>>29823681
>being autistic on purpose
So much this
>>
File: 1462677167587.jpg (86 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
1462677167587.jpg
86 KB, 1024x575
Hipsters have ruined a lot. If nothing else they ruined pipe smoking, but I'd say they kinda ruined most old timey looking stuff, too. it's probably the reason steampunk went out of style, too >>29823827
>>
>>29823827
Steampunk was pretty shit in the first place. I mean, 99% of all steampunk "fashion" and art was just sticking gears and valves on rusty metal.
>>
jandek and other outsider musicians, normies literally cant understand anything that isnt top 40 nigger pop, so of course they dismiss jandek as "weird" and "creepy" just because he breaks conventions

also his music is extremely robotic too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Mh51dyraU
>>
File: 002-392-0212.jpg (32 KB, 600x304) Image search: [Google]
002-392-0212.jpg
32 KB, 600x304
>>29824037

10/10 room. I would love to smoke the shit out of some pipe tobacco in there. Not that it's ever been a big thing for me but I've enjoyed it. Pic is the kind I'll eventually get some day because they look like wizard pipes.

Do you do smoke pipe or do you just love the look/concept?
>>
>>29824145
No, never have but my brother has expressed some interest in it and I wouldn't be surprised if my dad has. Looks cool as heck, f.am
>>
>>29823575
dont tip your katana too for down there buddy
>>
>>29823827
I used to love the aesthetic and generally all that rusted metal shit, but without a clear purpose or like a headlining work (like Cyberpunk, you can't discuss that without the word Neuromancer popping in there) you're just left with a bunch of uninspired weirdos trying to pass off old-timey contraptions in invariably some fucked-up version of London.

>>29823575
I personally would like to have some fun edgy violence back in the media. We're getting there, with shit like DOOM making a hell of a comeback, but on the whole we're still really squeamish on the whole Verhoven-style sci-fi gore.
>>
>>29823834
Just went to the cinema alone, it's ok for indie/art house films but for pleb shit it's unusual
>>
>>29824549
I dunno man, I kinda fail to see why anyone would bring friends to a movie like Black Mass or any scary movie
>>
>>29823575
I enjoy flame shirts.
>>
The world "sheeple" is a very succinct, accurate way to describe the mindset of a large portion of the population who just go with the flow and never really sit down and contemplate anything about the world around them. The kind of people who don't care about anything going on around them as long as Sports Center comes on at 7PM.

But it has been so overused/misused by edgy teenagers and fedora types in the past 20 years that it's basically burnt out and useless.

Damn shame. I liked that word.
>>
File: image.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46 KB, 376x401
>>29824643
There's a reason for that.
>>
>>29823575
jerking off in public

groping random sluts

flashing your dick in front of random hot girls
>>
>>29824664
But most people are mindless idiots

Threre is a reason why mass shooters are now a thing. Lots of men have become disillusioned with modern society and want to see it burn
>>
>>29824683
I think most people know there's something wrong
It would be difficult not to
>>
>>29823575
The only right answer here is "everything"
>>
>>29824703

JohnFKennedy.jpg
>>
>>29824609
Hello, Guy.

oregami
>>
I wish being quiet and lonesome would be accepted. But it just seems that the world doesn't like that. Can't say I blame it too much.
>>
black nail polish
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.