[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone here who wants to be a marine? I get a 5k enlistment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: US_Marines_Talisman_Saber_07.jpg (1 MB, 2100x1680) Image search: [Google]
US_Marines_Talisman_Saber_07.jpg
1 MB, 2100x1680
Is there anyone here who wants to be a marine?
I get a 5k enlistment bonus if I bring a friend.
You'll become a badass and fuck bitches and be a real man.
>>
FUCKING COME ON I DON'T HAVE REAL FRIENDS AND I'D GREATLY APPRECIATE THIS
>>
>>29822412
this thread pisses me off, I would be so in but I'm canadian with a criminal record
>>
>>29822412
Dude, if you're anything like the average robot on here, you wouldn't last 5 mins. Marines are worked 14-16 hours a day, and you fucks barely leave your pc. Hell, passing the physical would be a feat for robots because you're either 300 pounds of fat, or a 120 pound skeleton.
>>
Not me.

I don't think I'd be a good fit for military culture. I'm in my mid-twenties, am finishing up my MBA, and have lived by myself overseas for several years. I'm given a lot of autonomy in my current position and often clash with my bosses, who listen to my opinion and allow me some leeway in making my own voice heard.

I'm not very good with authority and don't think that I'd be able to take the unquestioning and strict discipline that a military career necessitates.

However, I do think it would teach me some great skills.
>>
>>29822412
You might be a real man but you won't fuck bitches or be a badass
>>
>>29822412
>joining the military during peace time
Hope you like cleaning the latrines because that's all you'll be doing until you get out
>>
>>29822412
You are the most annoying people. You, vegans, crossfitters, and atheists are annoying faggots that have to let everyone in the room know you are or do some stupid shit no one cares about. Being a marine doesn't automatically make you a badass either. You aren't exactly known for having smart people and are mostly likely a bunch of retards who ran out of better options in life.
>>
>>29822531
Put me down as a referral so I can get 20 points on my composite score.

Also, fuck you and your bonus. I hope you get hazed.
>>
>>29822412
Bundeswehr reporting in.
In Germany only Kebabs, Russkies and Gays enlisten for the Army. Badest decision in my life. MG shooting is awesome though.

Wochenende!
>>
>>29823739
You only clean latrines for the first year or two and then you get to make boots clean the latrines when you pick up.
>>
>No High School Diploma
>Getting my G.E.D

I really want to go, I want to see how fucked up the world really is in some places. Maybe I'll be grateful for living in a 1st world country like America.
>>
>>29823068
You're missing the fact where most robots are subsmissive and have heavy daddy issues. Army is perfect.
>>
>>29823887
We take all the weakest guys and gangbang them every night. It's perfect for you.
>>
Can black people be marines
>>
>>29823887
You're missing the fact that most robots are outcast introverts and the military is full of extroverts and you'll literally never have an ounce of privacy or any time to yourself and if you stick out at all you'll get hell for it.
>>
>>29823945
Yes the military is incredibly politically correct nowadays. It's slowly being infested with sjw garbage. You'll get special treatment just for being black
>>
>>29823951
So it is the best way to force a robot into being a normie, isn't it?
>>
>>29824062
You can't change into an extrovert. I mean it might help a little but more than likely you'll just be miserable the entire time
>>
>>29822412
I already enlisted and I leave for bootcamp in the fall. Nobody from my RSS got enlistment bonuses when they brought in people, even those who picked up PFC for it.
>>
>>29824125
Anon you're retarded for joining during peace time but I wish you luck. What's your mos?
>>
>>29824386
Infantry, my recruiter kept trying to push aircraft electrical technician on me because of my ASVAB score but I got Infantry in the end.
>>
>>29822412
No, you won't.

Was a Marine from 05-09. Didn't make me a badass or anything.
>>
File: 1408245615291.jpg (1 MB, 1764x1323) Image search: [Google]
1408245615291.jpg
1 MB, 1764x1323
>>29822412
Me. I'm currently 240 lbs down from 310.

I haven't told my parents my intentions yet, nor my brother or any of my friends. Everyone who I've known long enough to know what I looked like at that weight thinks I'm just shedding the weight for health's sake, while that's mostly true, I'm also doing it with the added urgency of no longer wanting to live with my parents a year out of high school, being a college dropout and working a dead end job.

I feel naughty. Since I can remember, my parents said "If you ever join the military, you have to join one of the safe branches like the Navy or the Airforce."

I have next to no interest in joining any branch other than the Marines. I feel like if I don't do this, I'll regret it for the rest of my natural life.

I plan on talking to a recruiter as soon as I slim down to around 180/190 and meet/exceed the requirements. Hopefully shouldn't take more than a few more months. Counting calories, lifting and cardio like a motherfucker until then.
>>
>>29824640
Good on you for taking the leap m8. I do encourage you to consider the Navy though, or coast guard if you can get in. Going to sea is one of the few adventures left in this world, and something most people don't co sided when enlisting in peacetime imo.
T. Coastie
>>
>>29824756
Thanks for the words of encouragement, man. I don't even know what my second choice would be. I've heard about the ridiculous PT, field days, fuck fuck games, hazing, and cleaning everything over and over so you don't get yelled at over inspection and I still feel this immense draw to the Marines.

>or coast guard if you can get in
I've heard they're somewhat selective and elusive. I have a TWIC and MMD laying around here somewhere, but that probably wouldn't be relevant as I've never had a job that required me to use them and have no sea time.
>>
>>29823812
Is Germany this cucked?
>>
Real talk, what does the army even do these days? Train all day and then do paperwork at night? Get shipped off to some foreign country to do the exact same thing? Very few see any sort of combat these days.
>>
>>29825074
Go spec ops or forces if you want to see combat ever
>>
File: 1466546298264.png (2 MB, 1445x815) Image search: [Google]
1466546298264.png
2 MB, 1445x815
>want to join military, primarily coast guard
>pondered on this for three years but don't know what to do
>don't do anything

The only thing that genuinely interests me is becoming a seal but I just know I don't have the right mindset or personality for it. Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>29825122
SEALS aren't as bad ass as you think. MARSOC and the green berets are just as good if not better at certain things. Seals only seem badass now because of movies.
>>
File: 1461611708443.png (338 KB, 1686x873) Image search: [Google]
1461611708443.png
338 KB, 1686x873
> march, goyim, march!
>>
File: cumfy.jpg (123 KB, 1080x879) Image search: [Google]
cumfy.jpg
123 KB, 1080x879
>>29825122
>be a SEAL
>do the same shit that MARSOC, berets and deltas do
>write a book
>become richfag

pretty comfy desu
>>
>>29823945
Yes you can join motor t
>>
>>29825196
>MARSOC and the green berets are just as good if not better at certain things.

That's debatable. Different SOF groups have different missions. I'm not going to get into a whole lot of detail since I don't know everything. Of course green berets will be better at instructing locals and training afghan army soldiers. Seals would be better for water based missions, rangers for airfield seizures and direct action etc

But marsoc seems to get this rep of being the literally whos of socom which is pretty funny.
>>
>wanting to join the military
>the marines

OP, you're the biggest fucking idiot if you don't just stop where you're at right now. You will fucking hate yourself if you go through with this.

There are no combat deployments.
You will be in garrison throughout your entire enlistment.
You will do nothing but cleaning.
You will do stupid shit that makes no sense.
You will go fucking insane.
>>
>>29825119
>spec ops
How the fuck is a socially anxious autistic robot going to manage that?
>>
File: mollyfy.jpg (95 KB, 680x907) Image search: [Google]
mollyfy.jpg
95 KB, 680x907
Pic related is me. 2nd Battalion 3d Marine Regiment. Active duty

Jasper is the name, oorah is the game

am willing to do an ama... provided there is enough interest?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.