[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he the best follower humanity ever had?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Fred Nish.jpg (56 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
Fred Nish.jpg
56 KB, 500x606
Was he the best follower humanity ever had?
>>
>>29821239
>follower
*Philosopher
>>
one of them.
>>
bro, just like, be urself man, find your own meaning
>>
>>29821352

that's what life is.
>>
literally just stole schopie and stirnie's ideas
>>
maybe you could make the case that he was a decent writer or classicist

the man was no plato, no hume, no godel, not exactly gifted when it comes to lucid, critical, creative thought

barely worth a spot in a comprehensive history of philosophy

oh but please dispute me with your barnes and noble education
>>
File: 1431904005121-1.png (182 KB, 442x334) Image search: [Google]
1431904005121-1.png
182 KB, 442x334
>>29821451
intellectualism is cancer
>>
>>29821527
>intellectualism is cancer
well meme'd, sir
>>
Yea he was the best autism god ever. All the autists worship him. His only competition is richard dawkins.
>>
>>29821589
don't call me sir you fucking intellegentsia
>>
>>29821387
only plebs think he plagiarized stirner, the similarities are superficial.
>>
>>29821620
>don't call me sir you fucking intellegentsia

oh i'm sorry

i know it's hard when someone doesn't worship your hero

did i derail things?

and what a fine topic for a thread

i often wonder about such things

who is the best janitor in the world?

who is the nation's finest CPA?

questions of this kind are truly worthwhile
>>
>>29821744
what makes a question worthwhile or not then?
>>
>>29821451
>plato
most overrated philosopher in history
>>
>>29821765
i really doubt there's some finite criterion of inclusion. here are some completely uninteresting questions:

>is fritz le greatest philosopher?
>is heidegger postmodern?
>what was lurking in the psychology of the english moralists?
>who is people's most beautiful person of the year?
>what company is the best company?

here are some questions that are not stupid:

>what can we know?
>are space and time ideal?
>do any actions have an objective deontic status and if so why and what is it?
>is all morality subjective?
>what is the best sort of political system?
>what is truth as a property of sentences or propositions?
>is there a recursively axiomatizable system in first order logic that represents all and only the truths of arithmetic?
>what is a cause?
>are any concepts determinate?
>are there many things that are white or just one white thing in many places?
>what are numbers?
>what should one do with one's life?
>what should one do when one doesn't know what one should do?
>etc
>>
>>29821820
>most overrated philosopher in history
obviously that's aquinas, or marx if you wanna go by the numbers

plato is rather sophisticated, one can easily pass through the meno or protagoras or republic and miss every topic of interest
>>
>>29821820
Just cause NEETzsche destroyed him doesn't mean he was overrated. Even he recognized that Plato was basically the man who gave birth to philosophy as we know it, every philosophical flailing about that took place in the West and Near-East since Plato has been under his framework which was informed by Pythagoras, Parmenides and Socrates. But none of those authors have any surviving works other than a fragment of Parmeindes' poem.
>>
what the fuck is wrong with all you kids? why engage with philosophy like the media engages with elections? i mean pure horse race

who the fuck cares how this or that philosopher is rated who originated what who influenced whom who lived when and what course the history of normies took?

all that inquiry is worthless, lady gaga studies are generally of more value

on the other hand if you wanna know what numbers are that's an interesting issue. and if you do you're gonna wanna visit plato's views on numbers and his theory of forms because those are still live proposals. and you'll also wanna read some anonymous bald guy professor who published a few insightful articles on numbers a few years ago. maybe he's right and plato is wrong. oh boy, rewrite the fucking history books, right?

NO, NOT RIGHT. AT NO POINT IN YOUR INQUIRY SHOULD YOU EVER PAUSE TO REFLECT ON THE BULLSHIT YOU FAGGOTS THINK ABOUT BECAUSE YOU'VE SAT IN FRONT OF SHIT TV FOR THE 14 YEARS YOU'VE BEEN ALIVE AND NEVER LEARNED TO CARE ABOUT REAL ISSUES JUST ABOUT GOSSIP AND HORSE RACES AND COMPARISONS AND HOW THIS AFFECTS CHAD AND STACY AND OTHER CANCER. THE MATTER IS NUMBERS OR WHATEVER. FUCK HISTORY, FUCK THE HISTORY OF PHILOSOPHY, AND FUCK EVERY ROLLING STONES MAGAZINE TM 100 BEST LIST
>>
>>29821972
>do any actions have an objective deontic status and if so why and what is it?

Constantly struggle with this.
>>
Nihilism is the ultimate truth, that's all you need to ever know
>>
>>29821387
>stole schopie's ideas
Thats not how you spell dostie's
>>
any good /antinatalist/ literature?
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
>You stay up all night trying to comprehend the works of Nietzsche
>She's getting gangbanged like a primal creature
>>
>>29823417
There's the classic, Arthur Schopenhauer. You probably already know about him though.

Emil Cioran is good one. He was extremely pessimistic and thought that all human life was a mistake. He believed that everyone should commit suicide, because we were all doomed to constant suffering and boredom. After he wrote all his works, he turned into a recluse and stayed locked up in his home for decades and decades, until he died naturally. Pretty robot-like, I guess.
>>
>>29823619
Also Zapffe
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.