[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Are you seriously telling me that you've never shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Bad Dudes.jpg (104 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
Bad Dudes.jpg
104 KB, 1024x575
> Are you seriously telling me that you've never shot a gun in your life, anon? Your dad never showed you how?

I never wanted this feel...

I hate it when I have to interact with real men who go hunting, go to bars, drive motorcycles, watch sports and I'm just a loser who spends all day browsing a Pakistani Calligraphy Board
>>
>>29819062
Their hobbies are just as esoteric and antisocial as yours. If you want to fire a gun fire a gun, it's easy. Hunting is a little harder but you can wikihow it if you want.

Honestly all this shit is just costly, if you need an excuse say you're dirt poor.Rednecks find some kind of honor in that.
>>
>>29819081

Shooting is not an antisocial hobby. Neither are any of the typical robot hobbies. You are fucking retarded.
>>
move away from america
>>
>>29819144
no u are fucking retarded

shooting is completely antisocial in modern america, most people in cosmopolitan areas are anti-gun. Cosmopolitan areas are the cultural centers of our country and where most powerful people will come from.

Grow the fuck up anon you're so defensive.
>>
>>29819372
No, most people go out shooting with friends
Just because liberals hate guns doesn't mean there aren't other people who love guns
>>
>>29819372

Antisocial doesn't mean innawoods, dipshit. Most antisocial people are found in the inner city.
>>
>>29819392
alright dude fuck you I'm done here you're just mad
>>
>living in cheeseburger freedom land as a robot
holy shit what are you doing
>>
File: 1432960892757.jpg (143 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1432960892757.jpg
143 KB, 600x600
>tfw the only male in my family who doesn't hunt and shoot recreationally
>>
>>29819372
This is the stupidest post I've seen all day. Do you live in California or some shit.
>>
My grandpa taught me to use a gun by making me shoot this possum he caught in the face. The first round I ever shot went into the brains of a living being.

I'd like to own a shotgun, but the government stamped my file with "this guy is a nutjob", so I can't buy it from a store. I gotta find one of those gun-selling Facebook groups, where they don't do background checks. I don't know where to look, because they're all private and only accessible by the social circles of men going through their midlife crisis.
>>
gun culture isn't big where i live, but i have shot guns at ranges. shotguns, rifles, pistols. i really don't like shooting pistols, i'm just completely uncomfortable shooting them. a few years back i did all the concealed carry tests and passed, but even after that i never really felt completely confident handling pistols, so i just forgot about the whole thing and never went through with applying for the permit. probably for the best, one less idiot with a gun.

rifles and shotguns i'm fine with.
>>
File: California.jpg (45 KB, 415x332) Image search: [Google]
California.jpg
45 KB, 415x332
>>29819479
>California is LA and San Francisco

Guns are very popular in most of California.
>>
>>29819418
Look at the sperg, look at him and laugh
>>
>>29819062
My father doesn't play with death toys.
>>
>>29819062
It's illegal in my country to own a firearm.
>>
>dad is either a convicted felon or has had a restraining order put against him so he cannot purchase a weapon
>he wants me to purchase a weapon for him

I learned how to shoot during basic and it was fun. I think that I'm going to save up and buy a rifle at some point and shoot it around with my dad. Like hell I'll let him keep one of my guns, though, he tends to get carried away with home defense and his anger and I think that he would end up shooting someone unlawfully.
>>
>>29819509
Do they do background checks at ranges? Around how much does it cost to use one?
>>
>>29819611

How do you get carried away with home defense? If they're in your home you can shoot. At least in states with castle doctrine
>>
>>29819611
You should definitely not straw purchase a firearm for your dad or let him keep one of yours. You can get in huge trouble for doing that, and huger trouble if he shoots someone with it.

>>29819615
I've never heard of a range that does background check for rentals.
You should be prepared to spend at least $100 if you're going to rent a gun. You will probably have to pay an upfront rental fee, and forced to buy the range's ammo to shoot through the gun, which will be hugely overpriced. If you have a friend with a gun borrow his and buy some ammo for it online for cheap. If not, go the rental route and see what you like.
>>
>>29819615
i don't remember how much it cost to go on the range, this was like 4 years ago. i think i had to show them my license? don't really remember.

this guy one of my friends knew was a gun nut and had a carrier permit, he gave us the written test and these nra packets of information for people who want to get their permit to carry, we passed the written part then like a week later he took us to a range to teach us how to properly shoot and went over the safety stuff. a day or two later he gave us the certificates we need to apply for a permit, this is a may issue state so it's not a guaranteed thing. i never bothered going through with the rest of it. i felt like i need more training with it.
>>
>>29819756
He has more than once almost beat me with a bat or clocked me in the face when I walk into the house and he is too carried away to hear me announce myself, but not so carried away that he doesn't hear the door close.

If he had a gun, the split second he had before swinging the bat or winding up his arm wouldn't be there and he would just pull the trigger.
>>
>>29819850

Shit, I guess you're right then. In that case I'd never visit, he'd have to come to my place.
>>
pretty sure someone who has to stand far away and shoot bits of metal at something to hurt it is not a man
>>
Why is that white Americans make such a big deal about owning and shooting a gun?

I am a spic and pro 2nd amendment but I hate how crackers think you are less of a man because you never shot a gun. Not everyone wants or needs to own a fucking gun.
>>
>>29819062
I do all that stuff (except go to bars but I did as a kid with my alcoholic father) and I'm still just a cuck boy
>>
File: 1462313385945.png (116 KB, 307x347) Image search: [Google]
1462313385945.png
116 KB, 307x347
I asked my dad if we could go hunting and he could show me how to use a gun but he said no because he thought I was going to use it to kill myself.
>>
>>29820256
I can show you how to use a gun :)
>>
File: ainsley.jpg (162 KB, 400x594) Image search: [Google]
ainsley.jpg
162 KB, 400x594
>>29820128

confirmed for bitch who has never shot gun

I don't own any guns and have not shot one since I was 15, and I only shot a 22 and a 300 magnum. When you hold a gun, you understand.

A gun is just such a feat of engineering. You are holding a device that contains the power of an explosion and focuses that power into a small point. You pull the trigger and it's so fucking loud and you feel the rifle push back, and you're like "holy shit I triggered a small explosion right now and blasted a piece of lead right through that target over there.

Guns are cool not because you're a big man who can kill. They are cool because they are powerful, loud, exciting, and it's a skill you can hone by getting better at aiming them, assembling / disassembling them, making your own ammunition, etc.

Most guys like tinkering with cars and tools and shit and guns are one of the most fun things to check out, work on and learn about.

I'm sorry you didn't have a dad.
>>
>>29820173

Sort of like never drinking a beer, smoking a cig, driving a car or being a virgin

How can you have any opinion on sex, drinking, driving a car, or anything gun related if you haven't done those things. No one is forcing you to like them, just don't say shit about guns or gun ownership if you have never used one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ex2rVOUWs

You are the nu-male in this video. Whining about guns on the internet when you don't even know the first thing about guns.
>>
>>29820173
I don't think anyone is less of a man for having never shot a gun, but I don't see why someone wouldn't own a gun for personal protection if it's legal in their area. It's just a bit of insurance. Why not?

In my state if a dindu breaks into my house I can shoot him where he stands, even if he was just dropping in to say hello. You can't shoot dindus without a gun, therefore I own guns. Mostly for fun, though.
>>
>>29820480
>I don't see why someone wouldn't own a gun for personal protection if it's legal in their area
r u srs?
>>
>>29820128

I'm pretty sure someone afraid to use tools is a sked' lil' bitch. A real man uses the right tools for the job. In most cases of killing small targets from a distance where precision is important that tool is a gun.
>>
Got a few friends in the military and I live in a gun-friendly state so I've gone shooting a couple times. It is really expensive, especially when you take ammo into account. Hunting permits can cost a lot too, and hunting season is relatively small.

It's worth doing once or twice, but if you don't like it you don't like it. I'm pro gun but I'm kinda meh about shooting, especially because I'm crap with shotguns
>>
If you hate it so much then go do that shit. Christ, I'm a scrawny nerd who does nothing but play fighting games and shitpost on 4chan and I can still find the time to work on my car or go innadesert to shoot some funs or look after my garden.
>>
If it makes you feel any better, I've shot lots of guns, have my PAL and have a really manly job and I still dont really feel like a man compared to most people.

It really doesnt make that much of a difference, and shooting a gun really isn't that manly, I saw my sister shoot a .308 when she was 12 (albeit .308's have quite a bit of kick and she was kinda gun shy after that).
>>
>>29820460
Did you even read my post?
I don't mind if you own a gun but tons of whities make a big deal about owning a gun when its not for everyone.
Hell the only reason I don't own a handgun is because I'm a massive poorfag.
I love how 4chan automatically assumes your a "liberal" if you have a opinion outside of the conservative right.
>>
>>29820496
Can you give a good explanation?
>>
>>29820373

lol no sorry guns are for cowards.
>>
>>29820811

Guns are a pretty good defense against cowards. Let me know how it turns out when you go up against an armed opponent with just your dick and fists.
>>
>>29819062
Shooting a gun isn't a macho thing.

I guarantee you most of those guys don't know shit about guns or gun safety and would act like retards around them.
>>
I was never interested in this. This is why I never had a great relationship with my dad. My little brother is different.

When I have kids of my own I want to support them whatever their hobbies and interests are, short of something horrifically degenerate like getting into the furry fandom. If they think hunting and fishing and shit is cool I will make sure they have lots of time with my dad's side of the family and my little brother.
>>
>>29821237
im sure he'll be fine. he has giant steel balls he can probably lunge at his rivals.
>>
>>29821528

Shooting a gun is macho. Aside from the basic physics and safety not much is required to know in order to have fun shooting. I enjoy the history behind it but you don't need to know who created what to feel excited about lining up the bead and hitting precisely where you intended.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.