[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at what point exactly did the internet die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: nice.jpg (31 KB, 414x153) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
31 KB, 414x153
at what point exactly did the internet die?
>>
>>29816053
when all the people could acess it with phones
>>
>>29816053
That picture is bad and they should feel bad
>>
>>29816053
Roughly around the same time movies, vidya and TV all went to shit.
I'd say a bit after when smartphones came into existence.
>>
>>29816375
this.
I fucking hate those ghetto teens fucking everything
>>
>>29816493
there was supposed to be emojis in there but 4chan doesn't allow them thank god.
>>
>>29816513
>emojis
fuck them
fuck them all, to death
>>
>>29816053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iogJEJV0yBQ
>>
File: 1456881119651.jpg (99 KB, 666x636) Image search: [Google]
1456881119651.jpg
99 KB, 666x636
It was social media that killed the internet.

Initially it was just people coming together talking about niche interests, watching funny flash movies, etc.

Now the internet is more about social status bullshit, normalfaggotry, living a faux celebrity life, etc.

In fact, be honest: you prefer places like 4chan because it's an escape from what is now the dominant force of the internet. Identity and status bullshit comes as no concern.
>>
It's depressing how there were so many interesting and unique websites back in 2004 and now there's only Reddit, Google, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. The internet is dead.

Someone should fuck up Facebook's giant server farm in Oregon.
>>
>>29816603
Yeah I know right? You should listen to that podcast eggman did on it, hes so right I wish I was as popular as him
>>
>>29816704
Link?

origami
>>
>>29816691
I distinctly remember an infographic where they demonstrated that 50% of all Internet traffic in 2005 went to 200 websites, and 50% of all Internet traffic in 2015 went to six websites.
>>
>>29816770
no problem bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKlU_0g-dag#t=19s
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.