[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody explain me what is this normie shit all about? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 169[1].jpg (46 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
169[1].jpg
46 KB, 578x327
Can somebody explain me what is this normie shit all about? It is all over the news
>>
>>29811665
I'm using it as an excuse to excersize so I actually get off my ass for once in my life.

It also resulted in a really nice night walk last night.
>>
Its a new pokemon game that uses your phone and you have to actually get up off your has and go around your town to "hot spots" to come across pokemon.
>>
>>29811665
The people who like this shit are the same people who like star wars and marvel movies

Anyone who uses it as an excuse to exercise is a retard, stop being fat and looking at your little screen in the first place, the world is such a cool place at night time when nobody is around, look around you
>>
I kind of like it. I haven't been to the park in a while.
>>
>>29811665
I think it's neat enough and gave it a try.
I'd prefer it as a game you buy then play but these days this f2p shit is everywhere.
I'll play it for like a week when I go to places then ill probably forget about it like I did with Ingress.
>>
>>29811665
It's pretty fun. Me and my work friends are all playing it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160708-171851.png (917 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160708-171851.png
917 KB, 1080x1920
Went out on my longboard, discovered points of interest that were right under my nose. I enjoyed a sunny day while catching pocket monster.

H O W E V E R
Will I always have pokemons this shitty if I live in a big city? I'm level 6, will I have better pokemons if I level up?
>>
File: arigatou.jpg (17 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
arigatou.jpg
17 KB, 500x375
>apartment is right on top of a grass patch
>live next to a cemetery with around 10 pokestops
>tfw i can play all i want for free with almost no walking
>beat the system
>>
>>29811772
Lol fuck off. The world is always beautiful but you're literally looking at a screen right now, 4chan of all places. Get off your high horse mate.
>>
I honestly enjoy it guess I'm a normie now. Where is my complimentary gf?
>>
>>29811880
Level 3 here. Live in a forest area outside a small city. Found caterpie, weedle, ratatta, Golbat, Bulba, and Pidgey. Maybe it is the fact you're in a city.
>>
>>29811936

Probably on one of the normiebook groups in your city.
>>
>>29811665
People who play gaymes are either women or children or men with mental disabilities

But, I wouldn't say all gaymers are normies
>>
>>29811772
I fucking hate night time walks, it's too dark to see shit.
>>
>>29811772
How do I enjoy the night time? It sounds comfy in theory, but what do you do?
>>
File: BBhENPV.img.jpg (38 KB, 728x470) Image search: [Google]
BBhENPV.img.jpg
38 KB, 728x470
>>29811665
I'M CRAVING DEATH HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME
>>
File: image.png (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 224x225
>>29811956
This is really disappointing.

You should be ashamed of such shitty bait.
>>
>>29811943
I mean, I also got an abo, a bulbasaur, a Kraby, a Drowsy, a caterpie, a charmander, a goldeen and I saw a magma on my radar. But still, it's 90% rattata, the little birds and the poison bat.

Also the gyms are fucking glitched
>>
>>29811978
It only really works in either very safe cities or cities with lots of high quality walking areas.

A lot of American towns and cities are too bland or dangerous for it. My favorite places to night walk are really gentrified cities with really nice parks and comfy down towns.
>>
>>29811980
It's not bait you braindead gaymer, have the little video games rotted your mind?

It's literally shit for children, no adult plays this kiddie shit

There are literally "men" on this board who have spent thousands of dollars to see better textures in their little medieval virtual playground, stupidest shit of all time

I think little games like the one in the OP are a little childish, but fine. Anyone who seriously unironically calls themselves a gamer needs to stop existing immediately
>>
Sadly I had a horrible experience with Pokemon:GO. The servers were always busy, and when it did work it would load very slowly even when connected to WI-FI. I walked around my house and found ZERO pokemon, I don't even get how the GPS system works. I was walking and my character was walking in place on the map, he wasn't even moving even though I was moving.

Are you telling me you have to walk like in a straight direction or go at least a mile from your house? Fuck that noise, I'm lazy as fuck. I could use it as an excuse to exercise but it's 98 degrees where I live, if you think I'm going to walk in the blazing ass sun for two hours to catch virtual pokemon on a phone device then think again.

Let the normie and nerds compete against each other, I love pokemon as much as the next guy but catching all the pokemon and getting a high level trainer is just bragging rights. It doesn't mean anything, you can go around and say "Oh yeah I'm like level 20 and have over 100 pokemon" well, great. That just means you have no life and you probably spend several hours day walking around the city trying to find pokemon cause you have nothing better to do with your time.

I know a guy right now, he literally spends HOURS each day walking around the city during the evening or night looking for pokemon. I think it's a bit absurd, but if that's how he wants to spend his free time then I can't rightfully bash him for it.
>>
>>29812047
>He critises vidyas
>He spends his time shitposting on an anime forum for social outcasts

Fuck I wish I had smug anime girl pictures
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 255x255
>>29812047
You aren't convincing anyone mate.
>>
>>29812081
>He spends his time shitposting on an anime forum for social outcasts

I think that it's actually more meaningful than playing vidya. I regard 4chan as a kind of a bar where you exchange ideas with your mates
>>
File: image.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>29812081
God damn it. Come on man.
>>
>>29812112
Ah yes, love the discussion that happens on 4chinz
>BAAAAHRAAARPPAPAAARP

I don't have much time to play video game anymore but at least while playing you're active, you do not mindlessly read threads about virgins hating women
>>
>>29811772

Star Wars is one of the greatest pieces of entertainment in history.
>>
>>29811772
This really.

If you have to have NSA GO in order to exercise, you're really just a pathetic piece of shit. At the very least go on a treadmill while looking at your phone or some shit like that.
>>
>Make pokemon go thread
>Instantaneously infested by normies and know it all pseudointellectual negroids
>>
>>29812448
I'm this guy >>29812065

And I'm FAR from a normie, I'm a 23 year old virgin with no friends and a NEET living with his parents still. I just think Pokemon GO is overrated and kind of a shitty app.
>>
Ingress with a pokemon skin.

Inferior to the actual childrens games in every way and shits all over something that could have been interesting by not having real battles or ways to level up mons that make sense.

Fuck off normalfags. hope you get hit by a bus catching a ratatata
>>
>>29811665
IT'S POKEMEME BUT OUTDOORS AND THERE'S NO TRADING OR BATTLES BEYOND GYM BATTLES

PLUS MICROTRANSACTIONS

I'm actually really enjoying myself with it. Gives me something to do outside.
>>
>>29812492
>>29812509
This, it's like fucking geo-caching but with pokemon, and even then it's really not that fun because there is no battle system. You'll wander around outside till you find the pokemon, catch it and go on to the next one. I guess it gives people an excuse to go outside, but it's not like you can battle friends.

The only thing you can do is brag about what pokemon you've caught and what level your trainer is, and that's just all based off RNG and how often you spend playing the game. Like I said before, it's 98 degrees where I live. I'm not going to purposefully walk around outside for hours in the hot ass fun for this app, it's not worth it at all.
>>
>>29812081
Sorry, let me make this more clear:

I know I'm not the poster child for proper behavior, but gamers are retarded, degenerate people 100% of the time

Gamers are the worst kind of people who jump on band wagons, they play shit and waste hours of their days in little virtual worlds, they buy little skins to put onto their little characters, don't they realize its all fucking fake? These morons waste millions on little hats and toys for their virtual gf and they spend hundreds of hours making sure their penis nipple mods appear correctly in skyrim

They are the most immature people on this site by far, /v/ is the single board worse than /pol/. The absolute stupidest people are the ones who combine the two like the gamergate retards did - their exodus to shitchan was the best thing to happen to this site, I wish all of them left

There are some games I think are ok - VNs, animal crossing, etc, but anyone who considers them self a serious gamer needs to seriously reconsider their life
>>
Every time I try to get in, "server busy"
>>
>>29812959
I dont know man, I play super smash Bros from times to times, will play Overwatch with a friend once I finish my exams. Not all people who play are no lifes or gamers. Hell, I know a lot of normies who play LOL all weekend long
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.