[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else hate driving? cars go too fast, one mistake and youre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: pepefrog.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
pepefrog.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
anyone else hate driving? cars go too fast, one mistake and youre dead/injured.
>>
>>29811595
yes driving is bad stay inside forever
>>
except for turn anxiety I love it
>>
>>29811595
I love it, I can just blast music and let go.
>>
>>29811595
Kek, just like me, paranoid and anxious as fuck. Whenever I'm driving I literally just think about not crashing and dying
>>
I am absolutely terrified of driving.

24 without license, i think my parents pity me.
>>
Yes. I hate the fact that I've almost died coming home from work. It's fucking bullshit. It doesn't even have to be my fault it can just be some scumbag on her phone that ends my fucking life going to a job that's a waste of my life.
>>
Yeah I'm an emt right now and see accidents all the time. Shit makes me never want to drive again but I live in the Midwest so walking isn't a realistic option.
>>
>tfw aggressive driver

Fucking slowmos need to get outta my way.
>>
fuck yes. I'm shit at both multitasking and observation, not to mention my anxiety, so being on any highway or route is an absolute fucking nightmare

20 years old and I'm still learning to drive because I put it off for so long

back roads aren't so bad though
>>
It helped when I stopped trying to take in everything in my vision at once and started seeing driving like being the little guy in my brain, except the car is me and I'm that little guy
>>
>>29812306
EMT is a nightmare. The kind of horror stories I've heard would make scary movies look like Christmas stocking stuffers.

Respect man
>>
I passed my test at 17 and it was honestly the best thing I've ever done. I strongly urge you all to get over your fears and just do it. You can go anywhere you like at any time and you don't have to worry about bus times or taxi money or any of that bullshit, you can just hop in your car and go. It really isn't that scary, I only get anxious before getting on a motorway but as soon as I've merged it's easy, motorway driving is probably the easiest but scariest too.
>>
The scariest part of driving is when you pass your test and get in your car and you don't have an instructor by your side, that's when you REALLY learn how to drive.
>>
>>29812637
this, driving lessons teach you how to operate the car but you only really learn how to drive when you're driving on your own
>>
I like cars and I like to drive, but fuck if it don't scare me to shit . the perks of having been raised by a single mother who never drove.
>>
>>29811595
I really hated the thought of driving when I should start my driving lessons until I passed the exam and had slme time driving around.
It's been a year and I love it now most of the time and feel like I have a feeling for it.
>>
>>29812613
thanks man, could use more positive words like this.
not being able to drive has been crippling socially, absolutely crippling.
>>
I like driving as long as it isn't rush hour. The commute to and from my wageslavery brings out all kinds of anxiety and road rage.
>>
yep fuck all aggressive drivers
>>
Driving is fucking easy man
Regards, driving instructor
>>
>>29813169
This depends on the type of aggression. A fast driver that keeps careful distance from other cars, uses signals, obeys stop signs and red lights etc. i don't care. You tailgate, cut me off, no signal lane change, speed up to block my lane change, run lights, hot dog it around parking lots and so on, that will rustle my jimmies to great degrees.
>>
>>29813265
And speaking of speeding up to block lane changes, I've noticed it's mainly two specific types that do that: middle aged men in pickup trucks and soccer moms in minivans.
>>
>>29813265
Agreed actually. No one keeps a careful distance when youre going near the speed limit though
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1400x954) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1400x954
>>29813088
>could use more positive words like this
I was also very nervous before I took my driving lessons, so I postponed them a lot. I was mostly afraid that I would fail them and the whole social aspect of it scared me a lot. I was afraid that I will be bad at it and scared to mess things up. The actual lessons were ok and in the emd I enjoyed them a lot (not amerifag tho so am not sure how it works for you)
However the final test (30minutes with a police officer that checks you and for a major mistake won't let u pass) after which they gave you the license scared me the most and postponed it a lot.
I made it after all despite still being scared to drive fast, parking, overtaking, motorways.
Then I drove every day eith my mother to school and gradually got a feel for it and now I feeel so fucking confident. I wouldn't believe it and it wasn't even a year. You have to drive the most you can and the fear will subside and you'll get the feel for it.
(also amerifags have automatic transmission and don't drive with a stick like we do and that was 50% of my fear)
You'll be fine amd you cam always drive slowly until you feel safer (i never dreamed to drive the maximum allowed speed and always drove 20kmh less but now I am ok)
>>
File: 1465311823903.png (29 KB, 882x1289) Image search: [Google]
1465311823903.png
29 KB, 882x1289
I drove once when I was 18, my mom was trying to teach me how to drive. I was literally in a blind panic from beginning to end. My mom had to forcibly pull us over from her seat. She then drove us back home while I cowered in the back seats shaking. I distinctively recall her saying "Maybe driving inst for you..." and honestly I agree, fuck that shit. It so stressful knowing that one false move and your dead. If I ever drove I know I'd end up hurting myself and/or others. Shit I still get anxiety over traveling on a bus or in a passenger seat, what if the driver fucks up and ends up killing me?

I'm 20 now and my parents dont really bother me about learning to drive. I think thats for the best.
>>
>>29811595
My parents insist that I learn, they don't understand that I'm too autistic.
Driving is stressful as fuck.
>>
>>29813630
I don't know how it works in your country, but your mom sounds insane to me. First you've got to learn the rules, the signs, how the fucking street works, studying it in the books, and then if you pass that you should be allowed to drive with your instructor.
Of course it was going to end up like that, take a course or something. Where are you from?
>>
I love driving my Subaru is my second home. I can even sleep comfy in the fucking thing. Great speakers, great spot to stash all my drugs for long trips. I've driven that baby literally all over the country.
I suppose it doesn't hurt that I also want to die most of the time so I hardly give a fuck if I explode in my car.
>>
I got my license at 22, it's not too late anons
>>
i pretty much hate everything about driving. if i lived in an area with wide open roads i might enjoy it, but where i live it's just congested shitty city traffic.
>>
I prefer public transport because I don't like the thought that something could go wrong if I'm not prepared for everything every second.
>>
I ssuffer from road rage and got into fights several times, not only this but I got some ulcers because of it. Never gonna drive again hopefully
>>
>>29813630
is she retarded? she let you drive around with other cars?

you're supposed to take people who haven't driven before to empty parking lots and stuff like that so they can get a feel for the car first. your mother is retarded if she just let you go in traffic the first time you drove
>>
>>29811854
>her
subtle
>>
>>29811595

I'm 24 and I don't even have a license, not a robot though, fairly normie, just live in a city where I can get away with it. Sister is 23, also normal, also never learned to drive. I hate the idea of it. It must be genetic.
>>
File: 4L_gzZTLLz4.jpg (84 KB, 654x639) Image search: [Google]
4L_gzZTLLz4.jpg
84 KB, 654x639
>>29813265
care to explain what hot dogging around parking lot means?
>>
>>29811595
I drive, and have driven for about 15 years.
I'm used to it, but still keenly aware that one mistake from myself or anybody else on the road could be fatal.
Even if I only drive at peak condition and drive cautiously, there's no way I can predict a drunk driver or mistake from someone else.
It sucks.
>>
>>29811595
YOLO I guess. I have almost killed myself by being stupid more often than behind the wheel. Just buy a fucking Lexus and you will survive a frontal crash with an 18-wheeler at highway speeds.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.