[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wagecuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Ok so I have an orientation at Wal-Mart tomorrow, got a position as an overnight stocker.
Why? I'm 26 and still living at my parents house, I just want my independence back so I plan on moving out very soon.

Any advice from some wagecucks?
>>
I'm not sure if an independence working at walmart is worth it
>>
>>29810442
>slaving for shit wages at a corporation for just under full-time so you get no benefits
>working with the absolute bottom of the barrel coworkers because that's all that wal mart hires (where does that put you, btw?)
>independence

do you have insanely shitty parents or what?
>>
>>29810442

Look for other jobs and use your shitty walmart job as leverage to show possible employers that you are ambitious and won't settle for a shitty walmart job.

Try to avoid spending your entire paycheck on drugs in order to get through your shitty walmart shift, ultimately trivializing the job (me at panera bread) although I guess overnight stocking is pretty chill
>>
>>29810471
>>29810515
It's an income for right now plus I already have some money saved up, I mean it's either this or work at some shitty factory for 8 dollars an hour. Also I'm going back to school soon so this isn't permanent
>>
>>29810528
I worked as a produce stocker a few years back and it was actually really chill (about half the time) until I got let go.
I also worked at panera and it was horrible, I barely lasted a month
>>
>>29810579

What position were you

I was a dishwasher and it's literally like omaha beach walking the line between life and death and meanwhile this dumb bitch is getting paid the same amount as me to stand at the counter and point out to the customers which food is theirs
>>
>>29810605
Shit I washed dishes, made sandwiches and salads (which I was fucking horrible at) and I had to clean the dining area. Hell they even had me doing drive through a few times.
I don't see how anyone in their right mind could work there
>>
>>29810442
>Any advice

Keep that job, no matter what. Keep it. Any income is better than no income, even if you have to work and save for years.

You need money to do other things. Anybody telling you to quit or find a new job without at least building experience in this one doesn't know what they are talking about.
>>
>>29810442
>get a roommate
>go to school
>get a education
>get a better job that allows you to live a better life
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.