[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this world! All I want is to paint my nails, and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
Fuck this world! All I want is to paint my nails, and I'm a man. Am I going to be called a faggot? What type of color is "acceptable"? I want fucking fluorescent green, kinda like pic, but green.
>>
>>29808821
Nobody gives a shit or thinks you are a faggot if you are not acting feminine at the same time. But maybe people will ask questions about your nails and it might start conversations. Wait, do you really like to have spontaneous conversations while you are going to shopping, what are you, a normie?? fugg off
>>
If you are clean and polite no one will care. you're going to look weird if you're wearing khakis and a polo with green fingernails but if you look coordinated most people will just think you have a 'style'.

If it looks good and you're not an asshole, no one cares.
>>
>>29808821
Yes, you will get called a faggot. If you don't like being called a faggot, stop being one. Faggot.
>>
Well I don't, but as a male, can I wear bright colors? I dress totally black, but I would love to have just that part of my body accentuated, it will be cool. But I think man can only wear black.. I think I will paint my nails at home and just go on Omegle
>>
I had a nail painting phase when I was 19 and I present not really femininely but definitely not masculine. For the most part, I wasn't fucked with but it really depends on where you are from. Some things that have happened to me:

>applying for jobs
>give my resume to this owner of a restaurant
>before thta I worked at a private otolaryngology practice
>he criticizes me for using the term otolaryngology as if I'm trying to be pretentious even though the name of the practice was literally <insert name> Otolaryngology
>proceeds to tell me that this is a Christian fundamentalist area and that if I want to get a job, I need to lose the nail polish and wear different clothes and stop carrying a bag

another instance

>be in community college gen ed class when i was 18
>wearing leopard print shirt
>the girl that sits next to me immediately comments: "wow... that leopard print"
>i ask if she likes it, even though I can tell where she is going
>"well... it's very bold..."
>"if I was a girl would you have commented on it at all?"
>"no definitely not"

a few weeks ago i was at a bar with a couple of friends and i was sitting on the bench outside smoking a cigarette

>bouncer comes up to me and starts talking to me
>randomly starts talking about gay bars and how he got into a figth once and got shot and then randomly tangents into gay bars and how he accidentally went to a gay bar once and saw a guy feeling another guys boner
>criticizes my oufit, asks "what's with the purse?"
>it's not even remotely a purse, but I tell him that I use it to put things in like my phone and my wallet and stuff
>he stands there looking dumbfounded and confused in the straightest way possible

everyone will assume you are gay unless you're going for some children of bodom shit and trying to be metal. Don't listen to >>29808886 they are retarded. I promise you that if you wear nail polish, people will automatically think you are gay or at least bisexual.

cont
>>
>>29808980

So you need to be on Omegle to enjoy this, so this isn't really about you wanting to wear nail polish it's about you wanting to be SEEN in nail polish.

What is really going on here, OP? Maybe you should fucking grow a spine instead of inventing a bunch of problems for yourself because not everyone on the planet is going to agree with you.

What a douche.
>>
continuing from >>29809027

I was attacked in a mcdonalds once for looking too gay and ended up having bottles thrown at my head and being chased by like 5 teenagers. It was really scary and I almost got seriously hurt but I managed to outrun them. You should feel free to express yourself and dress how you like. I don't give a fuck about arbitrary societal implications or expectations. You just have to be safe and be prepared for how some ignorant neanderthal normie will react to it. When you do things like wear nail polish or do things that are stereotypically 'feminine', you are disrupting everything just by existing, and straight men will be offended because it threatens their identity or something
>>
Oh god I can't do what I want.. someone might think something about me that isn't true! I can't have a total stranger have opinions about me that I don't like just for doing what I want!

And GAY people. My goodness, what if someone thinks I am GAY!?

You sound pretty fucking gay to me OP, but it's your behaviors not the nail polish.
>>
>>29809061
sounds like a blast kek
passively triggering normies while having fly ass on-point ass fingernails
>>
>>29809084

Yeah you get straight guys that ask the stupidest fucking questions like "...so I gotta ask.. what's with the nail polish?" but if you act unbothered and slightly condescending, they end up looking stupid as fuck and everyone kind of just snickers at them
>>
>>29809061

I've had gangs try to beat me up for wearing boots, for being a large white male, for simply being the only available stranger around their drunken group, this is just something that can happen to anyone. It's just life.
>>
>>29809037
Well of course I want to be seen! Why would I wear clothes if not? I want to express my style, and since I'm kinda a metal guy, I think a bright green on my nails are going to make me get called a faggot.. But I will try!
>>
>i want to paint my nails

Remember Cosmo? That was his first step into the tranny abyss. Turn back now.
>>
>>29809119

I dress and do things the way I want because it makes me feel good and I like it, so it's totally fucking weird to me when people require an audience to be satisfied.

You sound like the worst kind of 'metal guy'. Are you jamming some Black Veil Brides my dude?
>>
>>29809115

Good for you. You're right, the violence is identical, a punch is a punch. The psychological implications and being hated by the majority of the world simply for existing. There's a difference between being attacked by a gang and literally innately being the opposite of what society wants you to be, being unable to fix it, and being a social pariah from the start. I don't even know why you brought that up and I'm surprised I had to spell out something so basic, but there you go.

2+2=4 anon
>>
>>29809153

And look at you assuming that you're the 'other' and I am not like a total fucking self absorbed faggot.

Everyone be sure to give this one extra hugs because he's so 'different'.
>>
KYS, OP. Fuck you and your white man disorder, bitch!
>>
>>29809178
you're missing the point you stupid faggot
stop actively trying to be triggered by everything
>>
>>29809202

It's like you're talking to yourself.
>>
>>29809178

I assume I'm the other BECAUSE I had to spell that out for you, and you still don't get it lmfao
>>
>>29809213

So because I get jumped for dressing differently or looking differently, and because I didn't spell out that I identify with whatever fashion club/subculture my pain is only pain but your pain also comes with mental and emotional baggage. That's what you're saying. You're assuming your experience carries more weight because you were doing something you KNEW people would react negatively to, and then they DID. WOW. I'm so sorry for you.

When me and my friends color our hair and wear stupid overly aggressive clothes when we go out to shows we know we're opening ourselves up to the uglier side of human nature. It's going to happen. We suited up and we accept the responsibility because we will fight to do what we enjoy. The same thing happens to any other kind of person for various reasons, it's life.

The difference here is you became a sad piece of shit victim and I walk on because I accept that it's a cycle and not everyone on the planet is going to agree or like the shit I'm into.

Faggot.
>>
>>29808821
you turly are a fag if you care what others say ot think
>>
>>29809268

Still not getting it. Get triggered faggot. I like how you're calling me the victim when I walk around dressed like a faggot all day and you're literally arguing with me with zero context whatsoever.

Like I'm the victim for mentioning that I got attacked for being and appearing to be gay, but you, a random straight person comes up and says I GOT ATTACKED TOO, IT'S JUST LIFE, I HAVE FEELINGS TOO as if that's relevant even remotely, as if I'm even remotely trying to deny or downplay anything you've gone through

You're literally trying to bandwagon on the homophobia me, a gay person, feels and then telling me that I'm the one self victimizing you fucking retard
>>
Nail polish shouldn't be a gendered thing, it should depend on what you get. Like if it's pink glitter/flowers or something, yeah that's pretty homosex. But glow in the dark/matte colors, maybe you just like drugs?

I will say fake nails last longer and don't chip but no men are getting that done. So you'll eventually stop because chippy nails are ugly.
>>
>>29809298

I SURE SUCK LOTS OF DICKS FOR A RANDOM STRAIGHT PERSON BRUH BUT YOU'RE RIGHT YOU GOT ME

THREADS OVER
>>
>>29808821
I kinda understand you except for me is makeup.
I want to wear it but I know I can even get killed if I happen to meet the wrong person while wearing it.

I think >>29809027 is pretty acurate based on the reactions people had a few years ago to one of my friends who accidentally died his hair purple.
>>
>>29809314

>pretending to be gay to win an internet argument
>his previous text clearly indicated that he's not gay at all

ishiggidydiggity
>>
>>29809313
Yes I do like 420, so that's why I want a bright green color. Thanks guys for your support! r9k I truly a magical place!
>>
>>29809027
>>proceeds to tell me that this is a Christian fundamentalist area and that if I want to get a job, I need to lose the nail polish and wear different clothes and stop carrying a bag

Shit that has literally never happened. Nice try anon.
>>
>>29809336

Not pretending to be gay, but I'm definitely not straight. Are you assuming I'm straight because I am more masculine and use the word faggot? When did I say I was 'straight'? You young gays are the fucking worst. Grow up.
>>
>>29809359
I lived in west virginia at the time where they literally had ammunition stores and there were entire families walking around wearing camouflage.

>>29809366

You are clearly too retarded to interact with so I'm done talking to you because you lie about your sexuality to win internet arguments, make asinine assumptions that literally make no rational sense whatsoever, and take everything I say out of context because your retarded brain can't process information correctly you fucking downie
>>
>>29809383

Look at this sad motherfucker start dropping 'downie' and 'retard' after being faced with the reality that not everyone needs to wear a label to live their life. Dude you were JUST trying to make a case about how it makes people feel when the whole world views them a certain way. Sorry you got busted making the dumbfuck assumption that everyone that doesn't agree with you is some triggered 'straight person'.

Shine on you crazy diamond.
>>
>>29809443

>d-dont label me anon
>normal is a setting on a washing machine
>>
>>29809455
Not them, but really which one of you two do you think is more lame to be around?
>>
>>29809472

it's impossible to tell because we're having a retarded argument on an anonymous message board and our actions here are not necessarily 100% parallel to the way we present ourselves in our day to day lives
>>
>>29809495
True but I think a man who wears whatever he wants, without letting it define him, has his head screwed on straight. So many people pigeonhole themselves, who wants to be around that shit for one more goddamn day?
>>
>>29809332
>I want to wear it but I know I can even get killed if I happen to meet the wrong person while wearing it.

Carry a knife. Don't be afraid to fight like a bitch if you're gonna dress like one, I say.
>>
>>29809527

you think I'm defined by my bag and skinny jeans?

Society defines me by my bag and skinny jeans. I just see a pair of pants and a bag that I like so i buy them.
>>
>>29809527
I think you've ended up in the wrong place. I would try a little site called Tumblr, it seems more your speed/
>>
>>29809562

You convinced yourself 'society' defines you that way after a few random encounters with shitheads. That's on you.
>>
>>29809563
Tumblr is the worst culprit of all, it's because of those people we have stupid arguments like this over what people wear. They'd say OP is a bigender demisexual or whatever and that it's homophobic for him to deny it while appropriating gay culture. They fucked everything up and gave normals an excuse to bitch about stupid things like men wearing bags and nail polish.
>>
>>29809588

A few random encounters? More like a few random examples. I have to justify, validate, and explain myself literally every time I leave the house to someone in some way. I cannot simply exist as the faggot I am. Look at those examples (excluding the mcdonalds one). something like that happens to me every single day.

It's also not random because its ingrained culturally into our world to hate and look down upon gay people.
>>
>>29809627
Being gay is a weakness.
People hate seeing weakness in others.
>>
>>29809665

Ironic because the people that I'm constantly validating myself to are the ones who seem pretty intellectually and emotionally weak
>>
>>29809665
So, shut up then you closet douche.
>>
File: james_lee_17.jpg (241 KB, 982x652) Image search: [Google]
james_lee_17.jpg
241 KB, 982x652
It's acceptable in Afghanistan, funnily enough
>>
>>29809613
fuck that shit is annoying
>a few years ago
>guy wears nail polish
>unusual for his gender but he's still a dude

>tumblrtards and associated creep
>guy wears nail polish
>it's a sign that he literally isn't a man anymore because that's not for men
They really do like their rigid gender roles in their own way, huh?
>>
>>29809780
I don't think what they get up to in Afghanistan is a ringing endorsement though.
>>
>>29809627

If you pull back and consider how many people you actually encountered who didn't give a shit about you, and how much you expecting these kinds of interactions can amplify them, you'll see that if you change your perspective the whole world won't seem so antagonistic.

There are places where there are more of 'you' than there are 'them'. There are places where the majority of people don't want to cause you harm. It sounds like you need to set some life goals and get the fuck out of wherever you are.
>>
>>29810475
there's no connection between homosexuality and nail painting. Everyone paints their nails there, kids, men and women. Although the more educated don't do that. It's just fashionable there.
>>
Wanting to paint your nails is something really gay.
>>
>>29808821
>fluorescent green
>not edgy matte black master race
>>
File: 1452724522514.jpg (10 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1452724522514.jpg
10 KB, 240x240
>>29809780
>>29810475
>>29810577

That's henna, most men use it to make the nails stronger. Some use it for fashion or certain events/ceremonies.
Henna works the best for them as it's natural and since they're Muslims and pray, they cannot use anything that would block the water from getting in contact with their nails... like nail polish and nail coats.
>>
File: REU-AFGHANISTAN_2.jpg (253 KB, 1200x787) Image search: [Google]
REU-AFGHANISTAN_2.jpg
253 KB, 1200x787
>>29810651
Central and South Asian cultures are so fascinating.

They wear eyeliner, in other words surma, which is used for several reasons: protection from the glare of the sun, religious purposes, and fashion statement

They also dye their hair with henna, and in some tribes, especially in the Khost province, men like to put flowers in their hair and hats. In such a masculine society it's surprising that even the men like to be decorative
>>
>>29808821
it is kind of frustrating isn't it. there's no particularly good reason why painted nails "should" be seen as feminine, it's just the code of our time and place.
>>
>>29809556
Then I would end in Jail, unless the other guy has a bigger knife. Shitty country with shitty laws.
>>
File: 1452111933282.jpg (23 KB, 263x317) Image search: [Google]
1452111933282.jpg
23 KB, 263x317
>>29808821
>it's another "i'm not a faggot but..." thread
>>
>>29810508

I live in upstate NY in an extremely liberal college town and I still have issues every day simply existing.
>>
>>29811966
I guess you're right, I told my mom I want to paint my nail and she said: "what are you? A faggot?".
Hopes and dreams broken.
>>
>>29810834

It's weird what happens when you don't place arbitrary gender normalities onto things huh
>>
>>29812347
if you think you're having such issues in ithaca and you're not that fag with bpd who wears colorful leggings costumes iwth noisy indian jewelry every day as he prowls the commons you're inventing your victimization and you should gorge out
>>
>>29808821
In better times you would have been treated like a faggot for acting like a faggot.
Nowadays painting your nails like that will make you a diversity hire.

Enjoy it while it lasts, faggot.
>>
>>29808821
now bend over and let me fuck your ass bitch
>>
>>29812923
Yeah, it also isn't weird how those places are total shitholes.
>>
>>29813161
it's only why paint m8 why the h8
>>
>>29808821
Personally I wouldn't really care or think you're gay, but I'd think you're a hipster or something like that.
>>
Where what you want OP
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.