[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you used to daydream about going on adventures, fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
>tfw you used to daydream about going on adventures, fighting monsters, being successful, or being the best at something

>tfw now you daydream about dying alone, cutting and stabbing yourself, and killing yourself
>>
>used to daydream about being a Jedi or a super hero
>now daydream about having a job and living alone
>>
>>29808492
Yes i like that thought too
>>
I gotta admit to you OP I think you got some problems...
>>
>>29808438
Too real, OP.
>>
>>29808438
Ever single night I have dreams of me getting shot, stabbed, beat up, burned,among others. Although this didn't happen until after I tried LSD I guess this is the real me.
>>
>>29808619
You know thats a lie desune
>>
>>29808572
Everybodys got problems

>>29808619
I havent tried lsd, i took acid but it did nothing for me the otger people with me felt it so idk
>>
>>29808619
After I took acid the first time I started lucid dreaming again. It'd be cool if all my dreams weren't negative.
>>
File: 1320304334860.jpg (109 KB, 665x821) Image search: [Google]
1320304334860.jpg
109 KB, 665x821
>tfw you used to daydream about having a nice qt3.14 loving gf

>tfw now you daydream about only finding any woman who can love you, has a stable job and isn't a slut or crazy femnist.
>>
>Daydream of about making great works of art and animation and even written a small draft for a book

>Know that deep down i lack any sorta determination to make anything as i stare at great creators on youtube making great animations and works of art

I strive for talent when i lack none
>>
>>29809691
>actually write that.
>spend months revising it
>re read it and love it.
>have to find a publisher
>it's a first work
Damn
>>
>>29809988
Would you like to give my thing a read? It would kinda make me feel a bit better to know that its atleast worth something
>>
File: 883810350.png (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
883810350.png
38 KB, 400x400
>tfw you're 19 and you constantly daydream about how cool it would be if you omnipotent

I dont even want a challenge anymore I just want the comfiest of lifestyles
>>
I just daydream about war constantly in my city, like a giant game of Battlefield, no one actually dies but it feels real and its chaotic as fuck and more drawn out and everything

Sometimes its modern war other times its mechs and fucking spaceships and shit.
>>
>>29810072
I know that feel anon, not wishing for omnipotence but just the latter part
>>
File: illustration example.jpg (337 KB, 1781x1233) Image search: [Google]
illustration example.jpg
337 KB, 1781x1233
>>29809988
Who else /writer/ here?

I wrote my fantasy novel, edited it and illustrated it. It's about mana and being a hero. He even lost his arm like he was supposed to.

The first story arc is terribly placed and doesn't fit with the rest of the story thematically, so I have nightmares about publishing it.
>>
It's because you faggots come here to your depression echo chamber.

You actually took /r9k/ from being /b/ lite and legit funny and made it into crying central, and then claim you didn't.

You're doing it to yourself.
>>
>>29809988
So if you can't find a publisher, why not cut it up into a serial, put it on a website over the course of a few months or a year with a patreon and a few unobtrusive ads, and hit up some blogosphere cunt that's late on a deadline to get a puff piece or two written about your shit?

I mean, fuck, dude! You did the hard part! You have something to sell, now go sell it by the fucking pound and take even more of the idiots money because they'll just GIVE IT AWAY! Print publishing is deader than Cobain anyway.
>>
>>29810613
Rewrite, remake, recreate, then go make your fucking money, just like another anon. Just don't fall into the print self publishing trap; that shit loses you money.

...Or are you two faggots basically just Brian from Family Guy with his "Faster Than the Speed of Love" bullshit?
>>
>>29810671
I'm no more qualified than an average /r9k/-er. I wrote it on a series Google docs. It was free hand from imagination. What makes you think I know the first modicum about publishing?

What's not a trap then?
>>
>>29810048
If your style isn't good do like the Nazis: get some polish first.
>>
>>29810717
Online hosting web serial shit. It's got very little investment required, builds a fanbase for future creative projects, and Worm did well enough to springboard the author onto other projects.
>>
>>29810734
Its a rough draft but its the best one i have, its kinda short and a intro to a much bigger story

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bu39ygxi71rjai/Silvia%27s%20Intro.rtf?dl=0
>>
>still having dreams
>>
>>29810610
but think of all the extra stuff you could do with omnipotence, man
you can have anything you want, EXACTLY the way you want it to be
you can have a qt gf who's 100% loyal and willing to do whatever you want
you can destroy people with different political ideologies, or at least convince them to change their ways, so you could have everyone living in a perfect* world (*perfect in your eyes, anyway)
or you could just ditch the earth and go explore space and shit

and I mean, that's only three of the ridiculously large amount of things you could do with it
I mean, I guess I can see why some people wouldn't go for it and instead just pick a more normal but still comfy lifestyle, if you offered omnipotence to me with no strings attached I'd take it in seconds
>>
File: what-we-do-in-the-shadows.jpg (53 KB, 476x300) Image search: [Google]
what-we-do-in-the-shadows.jpg
53 KB, 476x300
>>29810613
Me. Vampire novel.
>First arc is all about some characters, each with their own goal while some dreadful sensation haunts all of them. "Muh humans are the real monsters" is the moral of the story.
>Second arc is the real critical event actually unfolding, the real villains bitchslapping the main characters into reality and showing them what real monsters look like.
>>
>>29810659
>So if you can't find a publisher,
I admit I haven't even tried yet. I'm too autistic. I like writing and all, but finding a publisher is a real pain.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.