[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
suicide prevention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1458066819511.jpg (48 KB, 590x518) Image search: [Google]
1458066819511.jpg
48 KB, 590x518
is the cause of suicide prevention morally tenable ?
>>
No, people have the right to die if they want to.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/lastimages/comments/4rstw6/me_and_my_best_friend_2_nights_before_he/

Not being an obtuse cunt and relentlessly curving the guy who had a crush on you until he killed himself would be a good start.
>>
>>29807877
No it isn't. If you don't win the game, you might as well quit early!
>>
>>29807877
Suicide destroys a wealth of lives around you.
Family, friends, colleagues, even those friends you forgot you even had. - the people you haven't seen in years, not outof malice but circumstance.
All those childhood friends you had while growing up.
If you're going to commit sodoku, at least travel to another country first, so you can spare them all the pain of finding out.
Become a good 'ol john doe.
>>
>>29807877
Depends whether it's the impulsive kind of suicide where someone just flips out after a really bad day and does it hastily, or the kind where they've really thought about it and planned it out over months.

The former should probably be stopped because people who survive impulsive suicide attempts usually report that they're glad to be alive afterwards.
>>
>>29808126
No they cry for social brownie points.
No cares about you.
>>
>>29808133
This, though I'd add that in cases where people are already diagnosed with mental illness they should be prevented too, as by definition they're not thinking rationally. I say already diagnosed because we have a habit of going "they're suicidal, that's proof they're mentally ill".

In all honesty, I think we'd be better off keeping normal suicide illegal and able to be prevented, and making assisted suicide not just for those who're suffering terminal illness, but any mentally sound adult who consistently wants it over a period of 6 months or a year or something.
>>
>>29808126
it would not trigger a shred of an ounce of any emotion in me if some of my childhood friends committed sudoku

dont get me wrong i dont hate them i dont even dislike all of them

do i have sociopathic tendencies or am i just being honest ?
>>
>>29810347
You're being edgy most likely, based on you going "Does this make me a sociopath?". If you had a friend you'd had since you were 6 and they killed themselves, you'd feel it.

At worst, you're just very young and haven't had to experience someone close to you dying.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.