[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job/Career General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
How's your job/job hunt? What kind of training or qualifications do you possess/are pursuing? Are you/will you be financially independent?
>>
File: loseyourselffarage2.png (409 KB, 714x475) Image search: [Google]
loseyourselffarage2.png
409 KB, 714x475
>>29807574

Just signed up for JSA today (now universal credit)
After getting made redundant a few weeks ago because there wasn't enough work coming in.
Feels shitty but im just applying for one or two jobs a day and seeing what sticks.
>>
>>29807574
>And that, more than anything, is what started my drinking problem.

Working at a movie theater, trying to save up so I can move in with a friend of mine and GTFO my mom's house.
>>
>desire to become a police officer
>currently a security guard
>LE associate's degree, conflict de-escalation training, baton/pepper spray certifications
The hunt sucks. They obviously want normies and every department stresses they want someone that will fit in well with their officers. Not sure if I even wanna be a police officer the way things are going. Maybe a jailer or something similar. Not security forever that's for sure.
>>
>>29807917
Try and keep nigger-killing to an absolute minimum
>>
>>29807917
Don't jailers make bank? As long as you treat the prisoners as humans there shouldn't be any problems.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x400
>>29807574
Having another interview for Australian army in 2 weeks, I am almost guaranteed the job though according to the recruiter.
Feels good lads.
>>
>>29807995
>Stanford Prison Experiment
>>
Recently applied to Best Buy. How long does it usually take to get a reply? My lack of income is starting to make me anxious.
>>
>>29808033
Which is one the reasons that you have to remind yourself that you're dealing with humans. If you're lording your power over them they'll resent you and you're going to be in trouble. Treat them as you'd anybody else, deal with their requests/problems fairly and you're good.
Heard a story once about a riot because the prison didn't serve some type of dessert any more. Some guard got stabbed because he was an asshole, and other guards protected because they weren't. It's not hard not to be an asshole; most of those people know they deserve to be in there, they just don't want to be abused.
>>
I got three offers today from various software companies even though I dropped out of high school.

I'm going to decline all of them and go back to watching anime. Not even joking.
>>
I've been at junior college for 5 years, I have certificates in speech and computer network technology. AAs in 2 different general studies and psychology.

All that shit feels useless because I just accrued credits for 5 years with zero prospects of what I want to do with my life.

Now after working a shit minimum wage job I think I want to get a degree in statistics or math and work for some huge corporation or the government. I looked at the NSAs website and they need people with stats backgrounds

What do people with math degrees do, besides teach?
>>
>>29807574
trying to find general labor or retail shit.
don't have any special skills, certs or degrees.
>mfw walmart even rejected me

should i just kill myself?
>>
Just started a new software job last week. I have only a bachelor's degree and an odd smattering of courses here or there in actual software.

And I'm currently financially independent
>>
>>29809242
Are you a software engineer? I'm trying to move out of my shit position
>>
I've got a masters in physics and work in financial markets for one of the big banks.

I'm a contractor, though, and my contract is up in September. Need to find something else pretty quick.
>>
>>29807574
Nigga who dat in your image? She fly.
>>
emt.Gonna try and become a police officer
>>
>>29807574
Why does she waste water like that? Doesn't she know there are many people who can't have access to drinkable water? Shouldn't she be more appreciative of what she drink? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Those fake tits are so cash

My job is OK. The work is good, the people are annoying, sometimes it's stressful. Programmer, I have a Cs degree but I learned most of what makes me employable on my own.

Yes
>>
I think I speak for all of us when I say SOURCE?
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 680x960
>>29807574
DOMO-ARIGATO SAUCE-O-ROBOTO
DOMO
DOMO
>>
File: 1410889167112.jpg (103 KB, 1024x1132) Image search: [Google]
1410889167112.jpg
103 KB, 1024x1132
Terrible. I have a computer science degree and haven't had much luck finding a job. I recently finished an interview which I think I did well in, so hopefully I hear back soon.
>>
>>29807574
s-source p-pleasee
>>
File: 1437666926442.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1437666926442.gif
2 MB, 448x252
Been looking for a job for like 4 years now, not a single one out of thousands of places contacted me

Been thinking of joining the army but I got heart problems so I can't do shit

Can't even get neetbux since my country doesn't do that

Whatevs, bruh
>>
In a fairly low-paid career in logistics at the moment but there's chance to move up and be on 35k gbp in 5-10 years (probably 10+ for me because im a spaz), get the odd job offer every few weeks for atleast 5k more but my job is comfy as hell so i'm just gonna stay here and gain 'experience'. Also studying bsc computer science but i'm struggling to study for 20+ hours while also working 40 per week.
>>
File: 1416006861728.jpg (28 KB, 342x409) Image search: [Google]
1416006861728.jpg
28 KB, 342x409
>>29807574
>You will never wake up and have that body.

Fuck you OP, you're making me feel like shit now.
>>
>>29811081
>Not one of thousands

Jesus christ. What are you looking for? Holy jesus christ.
>>
DON'T SUPPORT GENERALS

GENERALS RUIN BOARDS
>>
Inherited a local restaurant chain after my parents passed
>>
>>29808192
How? I want to get into something like this.
>>
can't get a damn job because I'm a piece of shit with no drive for anything

constantly get berated by people around me for being this inert fuck

all i do is drink myself to a debilitating hangover in the morning, everyday with money i get from my mother
>>
File: 99f.jpg (18 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
99f.jpg
18 KB, 600x419
>tfw full time stay-at-home son
>>
I'm learning to be a financial advisor. I want to make biiig money in stocks.
>>
File: satou.jpg (101 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
satou.jpg
101 KB, 802x1000
>>29807574
Trying to get a job to support vidya. Applied to a movie theater and BK online. Applied to 2 other places in person, didn't follow up and got no call back. Anxiety every step of the way, going in to ask about hiring, calling people for references.
>>
>>29812562
Stop taking money from your parents to spend on drugs. Get your shit together. Seek social programs (rehab, those places that help dropouts get into the workforce, ect)
>>
>>29807917
>>29807995
The actual job title is Corrections Officer, it doesn't require anything but a high school diploma in my state. Necessary skills include detailed observation (how many people, what are they doing, what's in their hands, what time is it etc) and ability to read and write reports. The pay is decent, starts at like $35k a year and goes up to around $50k after like 5. Most retire at around $80k salary. Good benefits, lots of overtime not everyone likes that tho. It's a good job if you can handle being literally an evil henchman.
>>
>>29808055

Get a different job senpai the emphasis on shilling shit customers dont want gave me anus cancer
>>
>>29807574
Shitty 1:1 Animation bachelor degree
2-3 years of nothing staying in bed all day regret, depression with a dash of mininum wage
Been working in advertising doing CG stills/animations for OK pay for two and a half years
Tempted to leave to get a better job which isn't jack of all trades so I don't wear myself thin and become obsolete but the abyss is scary

Could of gone worse but I thought I'd feel more comfortable and relaxed by now.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.