[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots over 27 y.o.: You are given $12K to change your life,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 1467266923991.png (1 MB, 1098x1182) Image search: [Google]
1467266923991.png
1 MB, 1098x1182
Robots over 27 y.o.: You are given $12K to change your life, what do you use it on? Stocks? Move to a new area? Build a website?
>>
I donate it to the church and subtract 1,000 years from my time in purgatory when I die.
>>
>>29803869
>You are given $12K to change your life

12k is not enough to change my life significantly

I would put it in savings, keep on working, I will be able to buy a condo soon
>>
>>29803869
leg lengthening surgery
>>
I'd let it sit in my bank account garnering almost zero intersest (too lazy to set up high interst savings of some shit) then proceed to change nothing
>>
>>29803931
How bad mane? 5'7 here
>>
24 yo robot with 14k saved who recently ended first female human relationship poorly, work for major airline. Wat do with money? No friends.
>>
>>29803960
If you ever get the energy, Barclays has a pretty good one
>>
>>29803982

If you hate living in that area, move to where you want to be
>>
>>29803927
Condos are for cucks.
Overpriced for rich normies.

Go shit apartment.
Your life is not your home.

As for OP, I'd join the military and use that money to buy booze every time I'm off base
>>
>>29803982
You have house anon?
>>
>>29804009
Apartment that I spend half my income on, probably a bad idea. To the post above asking i could move, my job kind of has me locked down.
>>
>>29804047
I'd probably save for a house and I know what you mean mine is $800 and I'm making $14 an hour.
>>
>>29804009
>>29804047
>>29804092
Houses are pleb traps if you live in a major city.
Better just rent.

If you live in the midwest, then buy.

But never pay for anything other than an apartment in the real cities.
Unless you plan to buy and then rent out
>>
>>29804127
Ah Had forgotten about big city living
>>
>>29803971
Shorter than you by an inch
>>
The problem with buying houses are you're pretty stuck in one area, you're paying the interest jew for 30 years, & you don't know if you're in a bubble
>>
>>29803971
>>29804173
How are you both alive?
>>
>>29804230
it's rough anon
>>
>>29803869
I would use it to move in a heartbeat. Probably go to South Korea, teach English and date qts
>>
>>29804279
>I would use it to move in a heartbeat.
12k is not enough to guarentee a secure life once you move

it's enough to get you over there and pay rent for a few months, that's all
>>
>>29804438
That's why I said "move" and specified a job I would do once there.
>>
>>29803869
buy 12k in papa johns
>>
>>29804477
>buy 12k in papa johns
that's a lotta pizza anon
I don't know if you would be able to finish it all
>>
>>29803869
Buy a van and modify it so I could live out of it decently.
>>
I'd pay off old traffic tickets, fix my car so I can commute and get an apartment in the city. From which I would begin an electrician apprenticeship. It's a good job with a strong union, high projected growth, and possibility to become an independent contractor after 4 years and direct my own business.

I'll probably do the same thing honestly just much more slowly since I'm starting from minimum wage shit.
>>
>>29804590

IDK, is 27 too old for trades? It's a young man's job
>>
>>29804590
>electrician apprenticeship
t. former electrical apprentice, the money's definitely good but I wouldn't go back. Can't speak for union positions, but I've heard entry-level union is far harder.

Non-union is hard work, relatively low-pay most of the time unless you're lucky with your particular location and company, and rewarding but very high-stress. Carpentry, imho, is a much more desirable trade (I know a few sparkies who went into carpentry within a year or two and like it far more, sometimes even making more money there). Personally I'm working water supply now, less money but much more relaxing. An electrician's workday starts fifteen minutes before he's scheduled, ends about half an hour after he's clocked out, and the only pause you get is at lunch -- a crew of three electricians might be tasked on the same worksite as a hundred carpenters/masons/etc., and need to keep up with all of them.
>>
File: dfr.jpg (286 KB, 598x1063) Image search: [Google]
dfr.jpg
286 KB, 598x1063
>>29804733
i-is bartender-sama stil lhere?
>>
>>29804730
I'm 25 now so hopefully not.

>>29804733
The alternative is minimum wage which is literally the least I can possibly be paid by law, and no job security as in all new employees guaranteed fired within 3 months. I can't imagine the work being much harder. Especially with a guaranteed lunch break. And coworkers to help you. I'd be very happy if it's something I'm physically capable of doing and pays well enough to afford an apartment, food and like a $100 extra a month. Very few jobs are available for highschool grads that meet those standards.
>>
>>29804843
>Very few jobs are available for highschool grads
Don't know where you live, but look into roadwork and on-call jobs. Sure, it's not where you want to be in five years, but if you're absolutely against higher education but want something more than a Walmart cuckjob, it's an entry on your resume that says you're not afraid to sweat a little bit. Some of them pay really well, too. I know a carpenter who's only been in the trade for about two or three years, who makes six figures.
>>
>>29804843
>I'm 25 now so hopefully not.

So you'll be done when you're 28,29?

If I had to do it again I'll just have gone done a trade instead of college
>>
>>29805178
>>29805098
I'd do college if I could but I don't qualify for loans. And I'll never be able to pay straight out of pocket, no fuckin way I can save thousands for even a single semester with minimum wage.

The whole "pay money to get a job" model really really fucks over people that don't have parents to help them.
>>
>>29805224
>I'd do college if I could but I don't qualify for loans
I'm >>29805098
and you're really not missing out. Unless you already have connections or are a natural Chad, college is a meme with small benefits at best. Many blue-collar jobs pay as much as most robot-tier chums are making at white-collar jobs, with no degree or networking required. Plus, you aren't stifled in some shitty college-educated and probably SJW-infested shithole of an office.
>>
>>29805224

White collar jobs are flooded with college grads, even stem ,nursing, accounting are now getting flooded

There's still a shortage of blue collar workers so it's not that bad
>>
>>29805329
when will mootwo make /blue/ so we can finally escape these degree normies?
>tfw if given 12k I'd buy an empty plot of land and enough materials to build a /tinyhouse/
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.