[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>loans need to be repayed if you don't attend college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1463261946987.jpg (88 KB, 750x499) Image search: [Google]
1463261946987.jpg
88 KB, 750x499
>loans need to be repayed if you don't attend college
>I'll sign up for classes tomorrow
>2 months later most classes related to my major are full, the rest at horrible hours
>fuck this, I'll sign up for classes tomorrow
>>
>>29803570
wtf anon signing up for classes is the best part of college

you can envision yourself doing well in school and imagine you actually going to all these classes and their lectures, you can think about what college would be like if you actually tried and weren't retarded, you can think about how this is gonna be the semester you are going to turn things around

i love signing up for classes
>>
>>29803820
I see it as progress towards a future I don't want, a commitment to obligation and toil.
>>
>>29804364
>a commitment to obligation and toil.
signing up doesn't mean a commitment to working

you can not do the work and fail, I know, I've done it many times
>>
>sign up for all easy humanities classes at community college
>online quiz answers are available on quizlet
>get A in each class by putting in 10 minutes of work every week per class
>>
>>29804395
>sign up for all easy humanities classes at college
>still fail

why do I do this
>>
>>29804413

do you do the work?
do you you show up for class?
>>
>>29804452
>do you you show up for class?
Of course, attendance is mandatory
>do you do the work?
no
>>
>>29804483

are you depressed?

(original text)
>>
>>29804517
>are you depressed?
I wouldn't say I am depressed. I don't feel sad I guess, more just unmotivated to do anything other than post online

I wanna do well, I really do, but I just can't find it in me to do...anything
going to class already takes so much out of me, after I get back I tell myself "I will take a quick break" then its midnight, every single day that happens
if I try to work, I will feel exhausted, and I already feel exhausted everyday, no matter how much I sleep

idk, I wouldn't say I am depressed, more just sever motivation problems
>>
>>29804577

I feel you bro. A lot of the time I feel like I'm walking through snow, or trying to push through spider webs. I have to hype myself up to eat food. I have to hype myself up to get out of bed. It is a struggle to perform basic tasks that people do on a daily basis.

I think you are depressed, but you are experiencing the low motivation/anhedonia aspect of it.

I have been on and off SSRIs for over a decade. And it was only when I really committed to staying on it that I saw improvement. To a certain extent I still feel like I'm treading through snow to perform mundane tasks, but I feel like the SSRIs give me a bit of an edge to break through. I would recommend looking into that if you aren't currently on them. Along with that, I would just say that all things get better in time.
>>
>>29804655
>SSRIs
have you experienced any other effects other than an edge to break through?
I might look into these, but I don't think my parents would take it well if I wanted depression medication, they would probably feel like failures desu, I don't even know how to ask them
>>
>>29804737

I don't feel that soul crushing suicidal depression that would leap out at me frequently. I would stay confined to my bed and addicted to marijuana and alcohol. Now I'm up and about (mostly) and sober.

Negative side effects are that I feel pretty "mild" most of the time, not much up and down emotion. Things don't really affect me emotionally as they used to. This could be a good or bad thing.

If you don't want your parents to know, go to a doctor for a check up and mention that you are depressed while you are there. They will give you a test and you will probably pass and he'll write you a prescription. You can just tell your parents your doctor recommended you take these. Mental illness is an illness like any other. Just like the flu or celiac's disease.
>>
>>29804394
>you can not do the work and fail, I know, I've done it many times
and then again you must pay the loans, now larger
>>
>>29804364
i feel this way about applying for jobs, dont even bother with college because i know i wont do shit
>>
universal income when?

Bernie pls
>>
>>29803570
At least I signed up for 2 classes so far.

I'll do the rest eventually.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.