[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you live here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1464622998558.jpg (244 KB, 1024x712) Image search: [Google]
1464622998558.jpg
244 KB, 1024x712
What's stopping you? xx
>>
Looks like a place with no internet
>>
>>29803314
You have it. That's all to see here boys.
>>
>>29803303
why the literal fuck would I want to live here

looks horrible. Looks like a place where you have to do hours of work everyday just to survive. you have to make your own food, maintain the house, do some water line shit, get wood or gas or something, etc

living in a city alone is ideal for a robot. it's why so many japanese are hikki, it's perfect for that
>>
>>29803303
No motivation\energy .
Even though the only thing i kinda want to do in this life is live alone in the woods.
>>
>>29803360
Not having to fill the void in your life by shitposting all day waiting until you can sleep again.
Actually genuinely enjoying your life.
>>
I have been working for an old man who lives in the woods in a shack he fixed up (I think he wanted to be Whitman or someone like that) and today I pulled down the ceiling in one room (roof leaks and the ceiling rotted) and fucking snakes start falling down. Terrible and horrifying (my life sucks).

I bet that cabin is full of snakes.
>>
>>29803408
>Actually genuinely enjoying your life.
no you normie fuck, working is NOT enjoying life
if you work you die, I prefer a low stress life where I have to do nothing, where everything is given to me or easily accessible

I don't care if I am working for money or working for survival purposes, both are working. sure, the work at the cabin may be more satisfying since you directly see it's dividends, but both ARE work

I would rather shitpost every time
>>
>>29803450
Oh so you're still at that faze.
Just give it some time.
>>
File: 1460674215150.jpg (28 KB, 287x266) Image search: [Google]
1460674215150.jpg
28 KB, 287x266
>>29803598
>faze

you are right though anon I sounded pretty stupid in that post, lemme try again

my point is this - would you really, actually, work if you didn't have to? Living in this cabin, you would HAVE to work if you wanted to live. This is not enjoyable work, this is required work. Making food is required work, you cannot go to the restuarant 5 blocks away and get dinner, you cannot buy a bag of rice out in the forest, you would have to drive to civilization. There's a lot of shit you have to do just to make food, much less everything else.

Shitposting is not the only activity you can do if you have the freedom to explore your interests - you can choose to do anything, anything within reason. Instead of learning how to cut logs, you could learn drawing. Instead of waking up at 5 AM to start the day, you could stay up late reading and sleep in. No matter how you look at it anon, anyone would prefer to live their life without work.

Also, living in a cabin is much harder work than a normal desk job. There are things to be fixed, things to tend to, always, constantly, things to do. And since you are your own "boss" out there, your quality of life would depend on how many hours you put in - you would be working longer than 8 hour days, I'm sure.

Living in a cabin is simply not comfortable in the long term. The forest is beautiful, yes, it may be calm, that's true, but it is not an easy or peaceful lifestyle, especially alone
>>
>>29803742
I mean, I agree with you more than the other fella, but all of that said, you can strike a balance.

My dream? Save up enough for a decent trailer and a small plot of land up in the mountains. Buy bulk food and liquor. Go into town maybe once or twice a month to restock. Pay dick all on property taxes. Work some bullshit online job part time. Grow dope. Hell, grow an actual goddamn garden, because I like working with plants.

Then set up a hammock, get a netbook, and smile at having won. Every now and then give a smug look at the mountain and trees.

I mean, fuck, I do want a girl in my life. But no girl wants that. And I want that more than I want a girl.
>>
>>29804080
How much initial cash would you need to make that dream a reality?
>>
>>29803742
Yeah i guess if i was able to be sociable\accepted and have friends and chilling together doing fun things all day it would be nice not having to work.

But i was never accepted, i cannot go out of the house in the day because i cant bare people looking at me.
Shitposting is getting old, i've shitposted in all the threads i've heard all the jokes.
I cant get into MMO's anymore, watching TV became boring.

I just think that having a comfy cabin i built myself deep in the woods, with a chicken coop, a little vegetable farm, herb garden (including weed), going on hunting trips, building new stuff all the time..
I think it would be nice.
>>
>>29804080
How would you have wifi to work online
>>
I almost did it many times. I still might. But it feels like quitting life. Might as well just kill yourself.
>>
>>29804320
...You seem to think the mountains of Colorado are some kind of barren wasteland without infrastructure.

>>29804221
Depends on if you're willing to get the trailer secondhand, and how far down a mountain road you're willing to go to get to your land.
>>
>>29804471
Somewhere with access to wifi and 2nd hand is fine. The cheaper the better really. I haven't researched this at all but your post has interested me, how much would you roughly guess it would cost?
>>
>>29804584
You could get the land (with utilities, mind) for less than $50k, if you were willing to look hard. The trailer... Well, rock bottom's the limit on that, depending on what you want to live in.
>>
>>29804741
What's to stop multiple anons putting cash in for a few acres and starting a community?
>>
>>29805547
years of people having this same idea and it never working
>>
>>29805564
why wouldn't it work? Just find a few people who are serious, even if it's just a couple extra. results can then be posted on 4chan and the advertisement and proof is works will have loads of people wanting to join and doing their own versions.
>>
>>29803303
I'm not fucking rich
>>
>>29803303
I don't know where it is
>>
>>29805600
I mean I can't give any reasons why it wouldn't besides the past attempts. Not like I'm against it at all, it'd probably be pretty cool.

Maybe someone will reply soon that has been in these types of threads before and has more info
>>
looks like a bob ross painting
just paint one, in your own little world, you live there then.
>>
>>29804080
>But no girl wants that.
Actually this girl I have been talking to wants something like that but space to expand for when we would have kids, it's just that I'm only 19 and couldn't afford that in the foreseeable future. She's 18 if it matters.
>>
>>29803303
someone probably already lives there

probably couldn't afford the property taxes
>>
>>29803303

The damn Internet connection is one reason. Can't say you can get good internet in the boonies.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.