[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Average millennials have less than $1K in savings http:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12
File: 1467300034484.gif (643 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1467300034484.gif
643 KB, 245x245
>Average millennials have less than $1K in savings

http://howmuch.net/articles/how-much-millennials-have-saved-up
>>
>tfw $10k neetbucks saved up

feels good mang
>>
>>29803206
It doesn't help that boomers don't want to hire or actually pay millennials and that there is no such thing as affordable housing that isn't chock full of roaches.
>>
>>29803299
I used to hate roaches. They made me shiver, and I had problems killing them.

Now I keep a dedicated roach killing roll of toilet paper right by my dedicated fap cleaning roll of toilet paper. Get about 10 of the cocksuckers a day, minimum.

My rent's still too high to save shit.
>>
>>29803206
>millennial economic growth severely stifled by undocumented immigration, H1B visas, and inability to acquire occupations without years experience
>wonders why millennials have under 1k in savings

It's not hard to deduce why..
>>
File: sung2.png (214 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
sung2.png
214 KB, 264x400
>>29803206
>just turned 20
>4.50 an hour
>considered within the legal definition of poverty
>still manage to have 3k in savings and growing
how are my peers this retarded
>>
>>29803810
>4.50 an hour

HOLY FUCK DUDE, Thats a federal crime to be getting paid that little if you live in the united states, where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>29803206
the money is to spend it

think all normals
>>
>>29803206
I used to have over 10k in savings and I spent it all trying to go to college

Now I have $0 in savings and still no degree.
>>
>measuring people solely by monetary value
>clearly American and autistic, living off of family money
>>
File: 8e23.gif (1 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
8e23.gif
1 MB, 288x216
I have $1600 saved but I don't pay many bills here and I was working 40 hours.
>>
>>29803748

Where the fuck do you live? I'm in LA, on $51K a year before taxes & I save $1200 a month
>>
>>29803810

retarded =/= cheap
>>
Yes everything is expensive. Food, housing, taxes, etc how do you expect people to live? In b4 some autists argue you can live off $2 a day just fuck off with that shit.
>>
File: sung_avatar_flip.png (58 KB, 132x200) Image search: [Google]
sung_avatar_flip.png
58 KB, 132x200
>>29803835
that kind of thinking is exactly why millennials are getting btfo in the job market, they value themselves and their work way too fucking highly; also, most of them didn't work in high school despite basically having a free ride to save as much as possible with minimal expense

my particular positions is technically legal because it's a salaried, but no matter who you are or what time period you were born, starting out in a field is a grueling and intense experience and it needs to remain that way so that we don't turn into a nation of thin skinned faggots
>>
>be millennial
>inherit way too much
>can no longer trust any new people
>>
>>29803937
haaaaaahahahahah
holy shit americans literally eat so much shit they develop a taste for it
>>
>>29803905

*not cheap. Guess I'm retarded then
>>
>>29803908
Nigger I can live off of $.02 a day
>>
>>29803999
The computer you are using right now has used 0.02 in electricity from this thread alone
>>
>>29804026
Good thing I'm at the library right now.
>>
File: Nothing goes right.jpg (134 KB, 627x344) Image search: [Google]
Nothing goes right.jpg
134 KB, 627x344
>>29803937
I wish I could understand if this was bait or not.
Your okay with living a shitty life earning that little for working 8 hours a day?
>>
File: sung1.png (214 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
sung1.png
214 KB, 264x400
>>29803985
>being a lazy faggot
slice your cake however you want, whatever your country's economic model is will get corrupted and turn into another america sooner than you would hope

>>29804042
>assuming i only work 8 hours a day
i bet you think i get weekends and holidays off too, don't you

it's not bait, my friend. part of life is sucking it up at the beginning when you're establishing yourself, and going up from there. obviously it would be cool if i was making 100k a year and had my own abc xyz but it's entirely unreasonable to expect that out of the gate. everyone here is really against the notion of improving yourself by starting out small but it really does work; we've got some deals coming up that, if they close, could throw me into a six figure salary in no time flat

people think their current position will stay that way for the rest of their lives for some reason, when really it's only a small stepping stone in a bigger picture
>>
>>29804164
>everyone here is really against the notion of improving yourself by starting out small but it really does work;

I tried working but never got any promotions
>>
>>29804205
Did you ask for them?

I asked every 6 months during performance reviews and got one every time.
>>
>>29803206
Hayley williams is my waifu

also I have 3K
>>
>>29804233

Yeah, I made sure they knew. I worked my ass off, nothing. Now I'm just applying to other companies, including their competitors
>>
File: yep.jpg (80 KB, 511x1210) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
80 KB, 511x1210
>>29803902
Denver. I make $10/hr doing part time data entry. My rent is $600/mo. Transportation adds up to about $100/mo and an hour and a half on the bus every day. Between bills and food, I'm pretty much fucking shot on the rest. I blow the hundred or so I have left over every month on vodka and the occasional steam sale. Sure, I should save that money. But then I'd have to listen to my own goddamn brain that much more. And I just fucking can't.

At least I qualify for medicaid. My meds would cost me about $200/mo if I actually had the money to pay for them.
>>
>>29803937
HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAA
AHHAHAHAHAHA
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Bruh, who's man's this
>>
>>29804439
The ghetto part of Denver ? I've been hearing rent is going crazy there
>>
I don't know about you, but most people who are broke are like this (note that I don't live in Freedomland):
>Run around with the latest iPhone
>Wear retarded NBA caps
>Get drunk/high every weekend or smoke
>Go to KFC, McD or Starbucks on a regular basis
>Bitch about being broke
Seriously, people can't be this retarded. I have to get by with about 400 USD per month (which all goes to food and rent) and I usually have about 30 left every month.
>>
>>29803835
he's probably a shit-eating restaurant server

$4.50/hr on paper, $30/hr in real earnings
>>
>>29803206
Females is 56.7%
Males is 46.5%

>>29804269
she has cute nipples
>>
>>29803810
explain your situation

i.e. where you live, what is the cost of living

you're doing great champ
>>
>>29803937

>millennial meme

You do realize for boomers it was possible to survive on a one income household and buy a house with their factory job they got without needing a college degree?
>>
>>29805973
then the 1970s and credit cards happened
>>
>tfw a well-off robot will never offer me to live with him for free in exchange for cooking his every meal and cleaning up after him and doing degrading sexual favors
>tfw I can't make it on my own
why does it suck to be a millennial
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 669x654) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 669x654
bought stocks a while back, sold them for 50k for savings

Feels very good man
>>
>>29806266
What did you actually net?
>>
>>29806320
>>
This is why I live with my parents.
So I can actually scrape some money together.
I have 1000 in savings. That's it. It's taken me over two years to get out of a student overdraft of 2000 and have this much in the bank.
My part-time jobs shit and despite my efforts I can't even get a better one. (If anything my degree has made it harder to find work since I'm now overqualified for entry-level work)
I cant even afford driving lessons yet. I still need another 1000 to do it comfortably.

This is what life is like in the lower economic bands.
I just feel bad for my parents. They've given all they can to try and make me a success, and Ive pretty much failed them. That's some depressing shit right there.
>>
>>29806345
made me loI
>>
Hasn't this been true of boomers and gen x'ers for decades now? Spending every dime you get seems like a common trend across generations in the US.
>>
Turned 18 a few months ago and have 15,000 uk pounds saved up (It's not from parents).
>tfw 16 year old brother has about 500 uk pounds
>>
I earn $6 an hour US. I am just going to neck myself, can't enjoy life anymore
>>
>>29803206
Kek remember that these are the people acting condescending because everyone else is too ignorant for not having some shitty social science degree
>>
Well since by defenition most "millenials" will be 16 at the most, this isn't surprising.
>>
>>29804042
>I'm better than you because I don't work
Sorry to breake it to you but right now your time is worth 0
>>
>>29807404
>your time is worth 0
not him but there is literally no point in doing anything so saying time is worth "0" is meaningless. I agree that getting some income is fantastic but if he's enjoying life more than you then it's better to be unemployed
>>
>>29807434
It really sounds like he is enjoying life, enjoy the 0 you made this week, I'm sure it's well deserved
>>
I have 44 dollars in my bank account.
>>
>>29807483
Im 22.

VERYORIGNALLEAVEMEALONE
>>
>>29803206
>he thinks monopoly money will be worth anything if society collapses
>>
>>29807615

>t-the happening is around the corner any day now!

What a convenient excuse for you to be a broke lazy ass
>>
>>29803206
>saving
only retard fucks save

I never have had over 1k at my hands once. Always spend it on new clothes, tech, travelling. Money is just a paper, it is fucking worthless.
>>
>>29803810
Most normies still fall for the moving out when you're 18 meme and if mummy and daddy don't pay for their housing they have no disposable income. Then they hit babby's first financial crisis and are forced to move back in.

The 'moving out at 18' thing was a short term meme allowed by extremely good conditions. Sorry but it's not reality anymore. Unless your parents are rich and will finance that for you (in which case it doesn't matter how shit you are with money lmao) or you get lucky with some meme career you simply don't have the money to live on your own in this day and age until you're well up the ladder.

I'm 25, have a masters degree debtfree, a car, $4k in liquid savings, $10k in accessible equities and $15k in an IRA. I can buy any vidya or whatever I want without worrying if it's going to put me under. And this is just from working manual labor. When you live with mummy and daddy you have very low costs. They don't even resent my presence since I do the yardwork to a professional standard for free and rebuilt the deck last summer.
>>
>>29807627
>implying the race war isn't starting
>>
>>29803206
>0 savings
>Hitting 30 soon
Uh oh
>>
>>29808588
My mom would never let me save any money if I lived with her
>>
>tfw financially illiterate
>tfw have nearly 20k saved up on my debit account
Wat do
>>
>>29808588
>Most normies still fall for the moving out when you're 18 meme and if mummy and daddy don't pay for their housing they have no disposable income. Then they hit babby's first financial crisis and are forced to move back in.
I left home at fifteen to escape abuse and while I'm working on a masters, I'm still incredibly fuckin' broke, and firmly place my starting disadvantage in the realm that I had zero parental help getting my life started.

I mean it's nice that molly coddled children like you don't have to take any risks and can laugh at the poverty of others, but there is such a thing as people grinding by with zero support.
>>
>>29809261
Be nice, give away.
>>
>>29809400
How well do you eat?
>>
>>29809400
>molly coddled children like you don't have to take any risks and can laugh at the poverty of others

If some nigger has the luck being born into the life of a multi-millionaire I feel no remorse living for some bucks by my parents
>>
File: jaden-smith-1.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
jaden-smith-1.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>29809506
forgot pic related

oregano commento
>>
>>29803227
Create your own anime museum with it
>>
>>29809400
>>I left home at fifteen to escape abuse
are you me?
>>
hey were just keeping the consumer based economy going you faggots. Its not like we can buy a house or have children or anything so whats the point on saving money?
>>
>>29809261
Do nothing, keep adding to it
>>
>>29809261
> financially illiterate

Obviously, inflation if giving you a good fucking.
>>
>>29809261
Well, you have enough to make a major purchase. Congrats!

However, unless you've got a plan that you've developed over a period of weeks or months, keep it. And whatever you do, always keep a reserve amount of money for emergencies only (in your case, 1k-2k should be permasavings). Unless you are certain about stuff or if you're forced to spend, you should keep all your money.
>>
>>29803937
Salaried workers still have to make more than minimum wage, report them to the department of labor
>>
>>29808799
same. but honestly money is pretty meaningless to me. i have all the amenities I want, I eat well, I have a 6/10 face chubby gf and her qt roommate who both suck my dick while we watch anime. I live better than kings of old, yet I'm technically "working class" by today's standards.

I've also been a millionaire before, but it was all in investments that tanked before I cashed in. so that's probably why I put very little emphasis on money. assets and material wealth are something an intelligent person can create basically whenever they want in a matter of a few years.
>>
>>29803784
Ssshh.. don't connect the dots
>>
>The year 2066
>Technological singularity is achieved
>Wealthy humans begin uploading the consciousness into VR heaven
>Financially retarded peasants all experience biological atrophy and die.

Shiggy
>>
>>29803784
>H1B visas
this is a huge problem in parts of the midwest and out east from what I understand.

i couldn't care less about hispanic immigration. they aren't "stealing jobs" from anyone, they're doing low paid labor that whitey doesn't deign to, and their children end up more or less fully integrating into american society.

it's the tons of indians coming over and taking white collar jobs from college educated americans that bothers me.

my city is home to the second richest man in the world and headquarters to a ton of huge insurance, healthcare and a few tech sector related businesses, but you can't get a job in any of them because they're only hiring indian H-1Bs.

and all those indians do is live 10 to an apartment, shit up the neighborhoods they move into, live there for a few years and then move back home to live wealthy for the rest of their lives on american money, and they're replaced by an endless sea of new H-1Bs coming in. I personally know more than a dozen people who haven't been able to find decent work because of this.
>>
File: 1467011925502.png (191 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
1467011925502.png
191 KB, 501x600
>>29803206
>just spent 2,5k on guitar and amp
>still over 15k in savings
>19yo
>>
>>29810199
I fucking hate that shit anon. I worked at a small company for a couple years that was sold to another much larger one. The first thing our corporate overlords did was fire half the engineers and replace them with h1b's at 1/3 the salary. Only problem is that most of them are shitty engineers who never take initiative. I've seen them follow instructions by the letter even if they can see it's not going to work and then after it fails, just sit in their office playing computer games because they completed their task. It's like working with children where you have to spell everything out exactly. It was so bad myself and most of the rest of the American engineers just left.
>>
>>29810199

I work in help desk and have to take calls from Indians sometimes. They always work in IT, and are always really dumb. Like one I helped had trouble finding the control panel.
>>
>>29803206

Shit I'm 25 and thought $26k in savings is low because I'm not very frugal. Plus I live at home with parents and they paid my tuition. So I have near zero debt, aside from the $600 I owe in credit card payments.
>>
>>29803206
Holy shit how. I have ~191k saved up and im 24. Got a lot of help from parents bc i dident pay rent when i lived home and worked full time but 1k is laughable.
>>
>>29810296
Loan me 5k and I won't call you a fag

I'll even pay you back over the next 12-18 months

>assuming this is either dollar or euro
>>
>>29803206
I have negative 1,5k in savings. Fucking casuals.
>>
I have 18k saved from working but only went to college for about a year before leaving. Not having a degree or any experience in a trade is a nightmare.
>>
File: 1465321068126.png (116 KB, 553x456) Image search: [Google]
1465321068126.png
116 KB, 553x456
I blow all my savings on fine art from the golden age of American impressionism.

Does anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>29810655
>~191k saved up
wat u gonna do with that anon. srs that's more than i know what to do with.
i have >20k and i've been on neetbux my entire life wtf
>>
>work 37 hours a week
> bring home about 300$ per two weeks
> parents taking 100$ for food and rent
> cry because I'll never save enough to move out
> get called cheap because I refuse to pay for anything nonessential.
> get told they want me out
> not enough money saved to move out
> life is hell
>>
>>29809400
You sound like trash tho
>>
>>29803810
Same here. Plus I live in a shithole country.
>>
>>29810929
I dont know what to do with the money its all just invested in safe index funds and an apartment that i rent out
>>
File: 1466966867397.jpg (115 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1466966867397.jpg
115 KB, 1280x1024
>>29803206
>he fell for the "saving" meme instead of taking out loans and using other people's money to make money

>being this autistic

it must be from the lifetime intake of fluoridated water and GMO foods

L0L0L00O0O0O0OL0OL0
>>
>>29803810
>how are my peers this retarded
Because not everyone lives with mommy and daddy you autist?
>>
>>29811023
You make like $4/ hour. Get another job
>>
>>29811343
>Get another job
Shit why did I not think of that
>>
I just turned 20. When am I expected to have savings?
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.