[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Middle Ground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: ComfyPepe.jpg (55 KB, 355x353) Image search: [Google]
ComfyPepe.jpg
55 KB, 355x353
Isn't there a middle ground between being a worthless NEET and a Wageslave?

Perhaps a middle ground is refusing to get a job unless you find the work meaningful?
>>
>>29802684

Entrepreneurs you dumb fuck
>>
>>29802684
>refusing to get a job unless you find the work meaningful?
So just a worthless NEET in denial who still wants to look down on others. You'd be worse than the typical slacker.
>>
Obviously, part time work, getting paid for something you enjoy or this
>>29802703
>>
>>29802735

I don't want to look down on people, I just want meaningful employment
>>
Can someone post the
>How can a man enjoy waking up at 6 am

etc shit

Trying to find it but I can't
>>
Summer jobs. Lifeguard, construction, landscaping maybe. Truck drivers and tradesmen can work independently sometimes. As contractors.
>>
I'm hoping to find a middle ground by working 20 hours a week but still making 40K. Happy middle ground and enough money to get by.
>>
Write poetry and try to get it published. Pray that it sells.
>>
>>29802684
Getting paid to shitpost wagies.
That's your middle ground.
Also a paradox.
>>
Part time and still living at home. Keeping your living space clean and being respectful to your parents. Basically me desu
>>
>>29804773

Sounds comfy as fuck man - are you saving the cash you're making now?
>>
There is no middle ground between the two. They're the lowest of the low.
>>
What about having a comfy and well-paid job? Those do exist.
>>
>>29802684
part time, two to three times a week to be able to sustain a living
>>
I buy and sell stuff on flea markets . so I only have 2 definate working days a week although if I wanted to I could do an extra 2 markets a week but I don't want to work too hard . pretty easy job all you have to do is set up and then sit around drink coffee , talk to the regulars , look what other people selling . if you can sell it for more buy it for what they ask . easy work and pretty fun for me

the rest of the time I occasionally get asked to help at a grass cutting company if somebody needs covering . cash in hand good guy to work for . then theres the furniture shop I help deliver furniture for them pretty comfy

bit of landscaping . moving stuff from place to place . odd jobs and sell weed which I get for running errands and thats me sorted .

richer than ppl on neetbux . poorer than 9-5 wageslaves . good balance of both . can get drunk on a monday night if I feel like it but can buy food thats decent and drive a minivan .
no rent either . live with G/f's family . want our own place eventually but I refuse to break myself working in a factory . may be robot but not that kind . I will do life on my own terms
>>
>>29802684
Anything that has you being your own boss.
>>
File: 22273747777599488383.png (1 MB, 1080x681) Image search: [Google]
22273747777599488383.png
1 MB, 1080x681
Who here comfy in bed now with cup of tea?
>>
>>29802684
>Work a job.
>Be miserable
>Save all your money by living very minimal lifestyle
>1-2 years pass
>Quit
>Live as NEET until funds run low
>Use the experience from previous job to get new job
>Repeat

Getting the best of both worlds if it's your thing.
>>
File: biz.jpg (23 KB, 201x66) Image search: [Google]
biz.jpg
23 KB, 201x66
yes, it's called being self employed
pic related, my income this month.
>work one or two hours a day
>work where I want, when I want
>take time off whenever
>no others to work with

NEETs and wagecucks are losers. the only true winners are self employed
>>
>>29805731
>And why were you out of work for so long?
Will be the first thing they ask. Long term NEETdom is almost as unattractive to a hiring manager as no experience.
>>
>>29805731
This is me except I was laid off from my most recent job. Jobs I found before that were only temporary. It seems like a lot of employers these days just don't want to keep people for long term. Everyone I know has been in a similar on/off job situation. Living off neetbux isn't enough to get by so I'm never able to accumulate a decent savings in between jobs. During this recent off phase of a few months now I went down from over 3k savings to under 500 trying to meet my basic needs. I'm trying to get another job but even with a degree it's difficult.
>>
>>29805803
Self employed here too.
I work more than you because I actually enjoy my job. About 25 hours a week.
I don't even know how people handle wagecucking.
>>
>>29805835

>I was struggling with alcoholism. The first [x] years I spent drunk, the last [x] years I've been fighting to stay sober. One day at a time man.

That usually gets them to shut up and stop that line of questioning. Everyone knows someone struggling with that shit and will sometimes be sympathetic. UNLESS, your NEETdom has been long term, such as 5+ years. Consider yourself unemployable after 10 and consider sleeping on some busy traintracks.
>>
>>29805939
What kind of jobs are you talking about here? In any professional field that I'm aware of, admitting you have addictions or mental illness is absolutely haram in a job interview. There's no better way to guarantee they pick a different candidate for the position.
>>
>>29805803
That's pretty terrible to live on

But considering you only spend one or two hours a day it's great. I wouldnt mind doing that along with working a full time job
>>
>>29805863
Shut up you fool, thinking your top dog...

To he self employed and successfull, I'm sure there are alot of hard years at the start where you make fuck all struggle.

If you make your own business that is.

Fuck you, I'm going to punch you in the dick hole
>>
>>29805803
What do you do for a living?
>le original comment
>>
>>29806076
flipping/reselling
>>
Is it ok to be a salary cuck, if you're on a good salary and have good benefits etc.

I get a bonus and salalry review each year also
>>
>>29806082
You gay then?
>>
>>29802684
A middle ground is being a wageslave and quitting but agreeing to fill in every so often

t. Me
>>
>>29806098
why would reselling stuff make me gay
>>
>>29806082
Cars or houses?
>>
File: GJlejCe.jpg (93 KB, 960x924) Image search: [Google]
GJlejCe.jpg
93 KB, 960x924
>>29804068
It's a Bukowski quote you uneducated prick.
Being a wagie is what actually fueled some of his best material.
>>
>>29806144
lol. I'd be making more than 1k and working more than 2 hours if I was doing that.
But no, anything really. Electronics, clothing, games, dvds, collectibles. I scour the internet and goodwill stores for stuff and sell it on for twice or triple what I pay
>>
>>29806149
Thank friendo originally
>>
>>29802797
>>29802703
i came here to post these
also having super rich parents

hate to use this over-used phrase but
/thread
>>
>>29802684
Part time?
I work full time but I love my work even though it isn't meaningful in the slightest (admin)
>>
>>29806098
Flipping.

It's a term for fags to try and fuck straight guys. Flipping.

And then they actually do flip them and fuck thier anus
>>
>>29806256
being a heterosexual male I don't know the jargon that gay men use in their inner circles
>>
Good situation would be to have a good job, but work part time, like three days per week.

Live with parents and pay rent, but it'd be nowhere near as much as you would if you lived in your own place.

Comfy as fuck I'd say.

Basically I'm mad I never did this as I moved country when I was 20 started work and therefore had to live in my own place. My parents back home had a comfy as fuck house and I had a big room etc. I just never got to work properly and live there.

I was a neet for a while though and student who didn't go in alot so that was comfy I suppose
>>
>>29806270
Just don't fall for it mate. I got flipped once but a flipper. Say he flipped stuff in a buying selling way, but really he was gay and flipped me over.

Quiet nice though but be careful of flippers
>>
>>29806048
Maybe for most people. If you're smart and target a sector of the market where demand is vastly outpacing supply then you're going to start making money right away.
You just have to be proactive about networking and advertising.
>>
>>29802684
Work in something you like and who doesn't take too much time would be middle ground
>>
>>29806149
>bukowski
>educated

sure thing, anon
>>
>>29806344
>australian humour

there was a dude at my old school when i was 16 like that and he used to constantly stare at everyone changing for PE and one day this chad caught him staring and beat the shit out of him and put him in a locker that hadnt been cleaned in years and then i went to take a shit in the toilet near the changing rooms and when i came back for my shinpads i saw the dude sucking the chad's dick

you're right all along, anon
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29802684
This is probably either a part-time worker or a part-time student.
>>
>>29802684
It's going to work M-F (or whatever days you work) and just staying a shut-in otherwise.
>>
FI/RE is the answer here, boys. Live small, save up, get that 3% swr, and chill out.
>>
>>29802684
Work antisocial hours part-time. Stock shelves at night or something. Live the NEET lifestyle but without the pathetic lack of money. Earn just enough to afford your own place so you aren't an embarrassing drain on your parents.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.