[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is he supposed to be a sociopath or something?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Griffith.jpg (122 KB, 684x520) Image search: [Google]
Griffith.jpg
122 KB, 684x520
So is he supposed to be a sociopath or something?
>>
>>29802109
He had a goal and wanted to obtain it. He lost Guts and kinda lost it which led to his demise, was gonna kill himself, then got a second chance to finally have everything he ever wanted. I think "goal oriented" would be a better word, or "ends justify the means" type
>>
>>29802610
>>29802109
Basically, a faggot.
>>
he is someone consumed by ambitions
>>
He was a selfish asshole.
>>
>>29802646
He did nothing wrong.

originalbloxblox
>>
File: 1467393007671.png (283 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1467393007671.png
283 KB, 600x500
>>29802675
this, he tried to save guts even in the eclipse. His shit got fucked all up by his boyfriend leaving him, he was in a bad spot
>>
>>29802109
he is supposed to be gay
>>
>>29802699

When did he try to save Guts?
>>
>>29802729
He's provably referring to how he asks him to run away before the eclipse.
>>
File: 1467563250534.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467563250534.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>29802729
when guts slips off the side and griffith grabs his hand and tries to pull him up. He didn't have the strength to keep holding on though. Just shows he cared for guts still.

>>29802753
this too
>>
>>29802729
before the apostles showed him that fucked up shit he reached out to grab guts hand as he was falling from the hand platform thing

Griffith didn't want to become a member of the god's hand until they convinced him
>>
>Have the same ambitions as Griffith.
>Tfw not handsome.
>Tfw not charismatic.
>Tfw I don't even have my own army.

Just fucking die in my sleep already.
>>
>>29802839

you gotta pimp out ur boipussy bro. that how u get mad cash for ur armies
>>
>>29802610
p much this

the bridge of bodies metaphor the demons use when convincing him to sacrifice his crew is a really good way to visualize his decision as well; he's SO fucking close to his dream but he just needs a few more people to die

compound that with the fact that he, who was once feared and regarded with respect by everyone, is now pitifully useless (worse than that; he has to overhear his friends making sacrifices on his behalf - namely Casca refusing to elope with Guts because she owes her life to Griffith and has to care for him)

he's such a good, compelling character because you absolutely fucking loathe him but can simultaneously sympathize with his decision

fuck i love berserk why does everything post-Golden Age have to be so garbage reee
>>
>>29802771

i don't remember this. i'm assuming this was before he knew he was being turned into an apostle?
>>
>>29802863

i think the series would be x10 better if it didn't start out with gutts fighting one of those demon dudes. i like how it starts out like a medieval anime and slowly introduces more fantasy elements starting from the introduction of zodd. the medieval political scheming by griffiths and the battles are the best parts.
>>
>>29802863
>he doesn't like the part where guts is talking to schierke on the beach at night after getting the berserker armor
>>
>>29802863
you don't like Guts finding new homies and slicing demons down by the thousands?
>>
does anyone else think that Berserk is super allegorical?

Some of the characters are clearly blatant symbols.

For instance, the members of the band of the hawk:
Pippin: Physical Strength
Judeau: Talent
Richert: Youth
Corkus: Loyalty
Caska: Hope

The band of the hawk becomes strong because they have all of these things and are driven by griffith's dream

When Griffith is captured, they are lead by hope alone.

After the eclipse all they have left is youth, because there will always be youth. They still have hope but it's been fucking raped. When guts abandons caska the tone of the story becomes "hopeless" for a while.

I always thought guts represented the power of man and the story is about how man can fight for or against fate. Before the eclipse guts is likened to Zodd who is literally an agent of fate. Afterwards he wears the armor of the skull knight who seeks to destroy the god hand.

I never got what griffith was meant to represent though. Ambition?
>>
id like berserk more if there was less rape
>>
>>29802962
id like berserk if there was more rape
>>
>>29802958
also just to add because I like talking about this

I am certain that each of the members of the band of the hawk represent what I said based on how they die:
Pippin is overpowered
Judeau is crippled
Corkus is tempted
>>
File: 1454299146928.png (84 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1454299146928.png
84 KB, 299x288
>>29802931
i think this is actually right around where I stopped reading. I don't remember them having a significant conversation, but I remember them getting to the beach

>>29802934
his new homies are a fucking joke, and don't even get me started on Puck. Casca is an actual drooling retard. Everything is awful. The series basically became Naruto after he united with Schierke; just formulaic shonen bullshit. I don't care if he's slicing down demons by the thousands because they're irrelevant filler. You can tell Miura doesn't have a fucking clue how to continue the story when he decides to revive Griffith (since the series was only ever good when Griffith was part of it). It's reminiscent of Prison Break where they ended up throwing the escapees back into Prison in season 4 or something cause they realized that Season 1 was the only good thing they ever wrote.
>>
File: 1466696952629.jpg (68 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1466696952629.jpg
68 KB, 500x483
>>29803153
it gave me the same vibes as casca and gut's conversation about leaving if you remember that. One of the few later scenes I really like. I see where you're coming from about it feeling like filler. My problem was always how because the main plot is basically removed after golden age you never really feel compelled to care about it. Nobody cares about saving casca or getting to the elf island really
>>
>>29803153
I agree that it's gotten really formulaic after golden age

I just really hope that it's setting up for something good now that griffith's returned.

I really hope this is all just set up for something fantastic. It seems likely considering how the golden age arc was all a flashback anyway.

The rest of it is just so good. I have to give Miura the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>29803153

I think Griffiths creating this new utopian empire and unleashing fantasy upon the world is interesting
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.