[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got invited to a party for first time in my life >having anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1436739579057.jpg (50 KB, 322x279) Image search: [Google]
1436739579057.jpg
50 KB, 322x279
Got invited to a party for first time in my life
>having anxiety panic attack

what can i expect from a house party? the guy that invited me is a co worker iv only known him 4 weeks
>>
Go to it, say hi to the coworker, and don't be autistic.
>>
Im panicking as much as you are now oh fuck I'm imagining myself in this situation
>>
>>29801992
It is custom to bring a food. It better be good anon cause everyone is going to eat it and judge you based on it. It is also common to have a party trick whats it going to be anon?
>>
File: o.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>29802003
will he baby sit me? imagine if i go there and he abandons me and im around people i have no idea who they are ?
>>
>>29801992

Just dont forget your musical act or you'll be the joke of the evening
>>
Ask everyone at the party if they play Runescape
>>
>>29801992
Depends on how old you are
>14-16
Really fun, you are going to get drunk and make life long memories
>16-18
If you aren't Chad your friends will ditch you to try to get laid and you will drink alone in some corner wishing you could go home and play Minecraft
>18 onwards
People there will bring their girlfriends or talk about their Amazing jobs
>25-32
I'm glad I could get away from the kids for a while
>32-45
Im glad I could finally get away from my whore wife
>>
That happened to me once. Nice qt at college pity invited me. I was so nervous that, after she asked me to come, I could barely even accept and thank her. I could only kind of whisper.

I accepted because I was grateful for her compassion, and felt obligated to return her kindness. It was a terrible experience, and I kind of made the whole party uncomfortable for everybody. In retrospect, I should have recognized that a college party was currently out of my depth, and I should just have politely declined, honestly citing my reason as being social anxiety.
>>
its good to know a few people at the party in case the one person you know fucks off for a bit.

smoking is always a good thing as dumb as that may sound. it doesnt look bad if you're alone outside and people will always join you. From there its so easy to make conversation.

once you get booze in you, you'll become looser. Dont worry about being awkward, first off people dont give a shit about you, they are too busy worrying about themselves and two, they are drunk as fuck trying to have a good time.

You'll probably go to this party and a couple more and be done with them, they arent that amazing.
>>
What if its a theme party and you dont dress up and everybody else does.

What if you have to dance
>>
File: ks.jpg (21 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
ks.jpg
21 KB, 615x409
>>29802115
wow this might be me tonight, but if everyone is drunk and high maybe they wont notice me
>>
>>29802089
This is a good point, what job and how old are you OP?
>>
>>29802175
25 years old, warehouse fedex
>>
Don't go. You'll feel uncomfortable you'll get laughed at by Normies.
>>
>>29802394
Oh you're good man, you'll probably just drink casually and people will talk about shit you don't care about. Bring your own beer, make sure its some that you like.

If its a big house party it'll probably just be loud conversation, but i'm guessing it'll be kinda small and pretty mellow. Just go with the flow, drink and hang out on the couch if you don't feel like talking. People who are 25 and up are super easy to make conversation with.
>>
>>29802064
Go to the beer pong/flip cup table and try to find a qt girl to be your partner.
>>
>>29802026
>bring food to house party

superior autism m8
>>
>>29802089
quality post.

i was iffy about the 16-18 range, but i realised i was the one getting laid, so it's probably accurate.
>>
>nervous about a party

I go to parties nearly every weekend, just get hammered and the rest follows. If you go expecting to hook up or anything youre going to have a bad time.
>>
Why did you accept the invitation? I would've just said "not interested."
>>
>>29802026
Don't listen to this autist, bring booze
>>
You should hope that everyone is getting drunk, then you get drunk too and it might be fun.
Your coworker won't bother trying to babysit you, he probably assumes that you can do normal socializing like everyone else so you're on your own.
If everyone is drunk you can get small conversations but make sure to censor yourself, don't let anyone know that you're a robot.
You don't need to lie but don't bring anything up, even if you could get cool attention from it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.