[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To escape self hatered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1467912778254.gif (2 MB, 870x388) Image search: [Google]
1467912778254.gif
2 MB, 870x388
How does one achieve a sense of self worth? I had a decent early childhood, awful early teens and two sexless long term relationships which essentially ground me down and spat me back out. It's not that I'm a shadow of my former self, it's the fact that I never really got to establish a self.

Now I'm relatively free, but I don't know what to do. I don't really like anything, I don't really want anything. All I want to do is to sit in my room and not feel awful, but not even that works. Something is missing, and I don't know what. What the fuck do I do robots?
>>
>>29797849
You need to create a sense of purpose for yourself.

You need some sort of hobby, skill, job or other passion that means a lot to you. The human being wasn't intended to just be sitting around all day inside of its own head. It's meant to be out facing obstacles and making use of its physical and mental abilities.

Pick something and pursue it. You'll feel good when you move a step further in it. You'll meet people with similar interests you can surround yourself with. You'll have something to talk about to new people etc.
>>
File: 1434567567953.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1434567567953.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>29797940
That's sound advice. I'll get myself a bike and a camera or something so that I can get out into nature or whatever. At least I'll have an excuse to do something that means I won't sit around inside thinking about how miserable I am.
>>
>>29797958
Photography is a great route.
You'll constantly have to engage your surroundings and find new places to go.

Plus if you do the bike it's exercise. You're ON YOUR WAY ANON! DON'T GIVE UP!
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.