[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know vegans that have their pets neutered/castrated. Their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1467783588440.jpg (207 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1467783588440.jpg
207 KB, 1024x683
I know vegans that have their pets neutered/castrated. Their argument is either health-related or that animals are too instinct-driven, and as humans we need to make decisions for them to protect them and others.

I don't really understand this.
A vegan should realize that man isn't supposed to play God over animals.
A true vegan shouldn't even own a pet, quite honestly.

What are your thoughts on this?
Pic unrelated, it's Nolan climbing a wall
>>
>A true vegan shouldn't even own a pet, quite honestly.
This.
The problem is that pets who aren't taken in are often killed, so in the short term it can seem like "saving a life". But, I think the bigger problem is that people who buy pets continue to create demand for pets which allows for the cycle to continue.
>>
My cat kept going out and getting in fights, and coming home with punctures and infections that had to be treated($$). Having the vet lop off his nuts fixed that problem in a jiffy.
>>
>>29797511
>a true vegan shouldn't even own a pet
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?
Being a vegan does not imply any moral or ethical standing. ALL you know about a vegan is that they have a plant based diet, that is it. Nothing more.
>>
>>29797511
>I know vegans that have their pets neutered/castrated
Also I think the greater reason for this is that pet populations need to be controlled. If cats and dogs are allowed to reproduce all the time, you'll end up with more dogs and cats then people who want them, which creates feral populations, which creates social unrest.

Maybe that's an exaggeration but I think that's the social motive behind it. Yeah they could just be exterminated but that's a pain in the ass, and dogs can still be threatening if they're not found.

I would still have to agree with you though.
>>
>>29797674
Why would you do that unless for ethical reasons? It isn't healthier to be vegan it actually can be potentially unhealthy.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.