[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People (mostly NEETs) that don't know how to cook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: food meme.jpg (373 KB, 1279x1706) Image search: [Google]
food meme.jpg
373 KB, 1279x1706
How come most NEETs (and a good portion of normies, too) seemingly don't know how to cook and thus have never prepared a proper meal by themselves in their entire lives?

Someone could assume that they do know how to cook many meals, but they're far too lazy and depressed to bother with it. But that's wrong, these people are completely UNABLE to make even the most basic meal, I bet that many can't even operate a fucking stove to start with.

I initially assumed that it's because their shitty, possibly perfectionist and hysterical parents decided to not care about teaching their offspring such an incredibly basic life skill, but this kind of shit happens in normies too. What the actual fuck is going on?

Guys well into their 20s that still rely on mommy for all of their food needs, or just live on ready-to-eat meals all the time. And yes, many "grown-up" normies are guilty of this.

So again, what the fuck is going on?

t. NEET that actually cooks every day
>>
le please respond bump reply
>>
>>29795364
My dad tried to get me to like cooking when I was a kid and that just made me like it even less. I just find it to be a huge chore, that's draining physically and mentally.
>>
>>29795364
Same here. It's weird considering it's easier than ever to find recipes online
>>
>>29795948
>draining physically and mentally.

It's cooking, you weak, pathetic bitch. It's not exactly strenuous or taxing.
>>
File: 1427978653803.jpg (4 KB, 126x125) Image search: [Google]
1427978653803.jpg
4 KB, 126x125
>>29795364
Bananas with ketchup? wtf man
>>
>>29795364
I've been a NEET for a year now and I know how to cook just fine.
>>
File: 1467893344069.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
1467893344069.png
137 KB, 526x436
>>29795364
i could post alistof all things i can prepare and """cook""" myself.
>eggs (manny forms)
>chicken
>noodle dishes that require little effort (so no fancy sauce i can't make from less than 6 ingrediences)

end of list famalal
>>
>>29795364
I can cook. I have cooked. But I just can't be bothered. Who wants to spend 10 minutes preparing food and then spend another 10 minutes cooking it and plating it up and all that shit.

Just put something frozen in the oven or microwave. We have factories producing this stuff for a reason. Division of labour and all that.
>>
>>29795364
Cooking for taste is pretty nonessential
Like, really, considering all of the effort it takes, how could I ever care that much?

Throw shit in a pot, let it sit, eat it. Whatever.
>>
>>29795364
Because only gluttons care about food that much. I only rely on food to survive. I'm not going to waste my time cooking when there are more convenient options.
>>
File: 1467856955091.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1467856955091.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
>>29796318

>says the pleb who can't cook
>>
I ate raw spaghetti last night.
It's better than you'd think.
>>
How the fuck do you guys like cooking? Making a good ass meal yourself and eating is the most satisfying thing ever. Hell, even making a normal sandwich like pic related makes me happpy because I made it myself. I'm gonna make myself one right now.
>>
>>29795364

It's very hard to justify the effort of procuring and preparing ingredients, cooking them, and then cleaning up all the utensils afterwards, when I can buy a microwave ready-meal for super cheap and eat it out of its plastic tray and only have to wash up a fork. With all the pre-prepared stuff available today the labour of cooking is just not worth it.
>>
Divorced households leads to two full-time working parents, which means nobody has time to prepare food, so kids don't grow up watching their parents cook.
Public schools also cut the funding for "Home Economics" which taught skills like mending clothing and cooking food.
>>
let's see.. uhh..
parfait: granola honey vanilla yogurt fruit

i buy meat, freeze it and sometimes eat that with pasta/noodles, vegetables

i made homefries awhile ago by chopping up potatoes into cubes, parboiling them for 10 min and then frying them in sunflower oil and i cant believe its not butter. was really good

breakfast sandwiches: 3 slices of bread 2 eggs sometimes sauce or meat or whatever. butter in frying pan, one slice of bread down crack both eggs beside it wait until its readyish then put one egg on the first piece, another piece of bread on it, the other egg on that, final piece of bread that has outside buttered, flip whole sandwich cook until done

frying onion and sliced carrots in oil. really good as side dish

i eat raw veggies as a side dish too

also, fucking PITA AND HUMMUS

and canned soup with crackers --> cheap af
cereal and milk

BASICALLY i just buy veggies, fruit, meat and bread, then prepare them however i can. i used to be full domesticated neet, now i think i do ok for myself. i'm almost 24 lol. the key is to buy good stuff, then it's really hard to fuck it up. start slow, easy, one at a time until you get a bit tired of it, find another. i get it man, going from neet to not neet is hard. stay strong brother we all gonna make it
--->fuck processed stuff fuck your junk food candy bullshit ramen noodles ice cream
i'm so glad i gave up this shit, i feel so much better.
i still have pizza sometimes or whatever, but it's seldom enough that it's ok
living on pizza and fries is a terrible fucking idea so don't do it
also it's more expensive

good luck lil nigga
>>
>>29796021
This. OP has got to be baiting, that is horrible. Also not hard at all.
>>
>>29795364
not possible. it's literally just following instructions
>>
I can cook but I really hate doing it. No matter how good it tastes it always feels like it wasn't worth the time and effort to make it. I'd rather just buy easy shit or pay a fellow wagecuck to cook food for me at a restaurant.
>>
>>29795948
it just hit me that you fuckers literally wouldn't survive without even the most unnecessary of modern conveniences
>>
>>29795364
What counts as cooking?
I slapped a steak in a frying pan and cooked that last night. Is that cooking?
I dunno if I'd call that cooking. It's so simple.
>>
>>29797410
You must be legitimately retarded.
>>
>>29795364
I'm 26 and I've never actually cooked a meal in my entire life. My mom has just always done it for me and I just keep letting her do it. It feels weird at this point but somehow it feels even more weird to try to change it.
>>
>>29797451
This. I can make eggs but I don't know if that really counts as cooking. If you wanted me to make a meal I would just make an omelette for you because I don't know any recipes for anything else.
>>
>people can't cook
>people can't follow instructions from a recipe
>entire fucking internet covered in "how to cook" shit

What kind of degenerate "can't" cook, it's literally just reading steps, mixing ingredients and timing how long something has heat applied to it.

I've cooked loads of actual meals, but given that most of the time I'm tired after work and don't want to spend an hour making a meal for one. Usually I just make a sandwich
>>
>>29797469
>You must be legitimately retarded.
Cool reply man. Really showed me!
>>
>>29797592
I assumed OP meant without looking anything up. I could probably cook anything if I was able to look it up ahead of time.
>>
I can only cook spaghetti so I cook lots of it
>>
People obsessing about cooking are just plebs with no hobbies.
If you actually had shit to do that you were actually passionate about, you wouldn't waste up to an hour everyday just to fuel your fucking body """"properly"""
>>
>>29795364
cooking is an essential part of my NEET life.
>kinda fun
>wastes time
>cooking is cheaper than other food
>yummy/comfy

I walk to the local store and buy the cheap things and see what i can create
>>
>>29795364
If I ever need to learn I'll look it up. Until then, it's boring, I have limited ingredients from living with mommy, and there are a ton of different pans and terms and shit that I don't know.

I'm also a massive manchild and I tend to prefer simple food, so I can already make most of it.
>>
File: IMG_20160707_103900251.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160707_103900251.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
I'm capable of making more than pic related, but sometimes it's enough.j
>>
The only reason I don't cook is because I dislike going to the grocery store and getting looked upon at by strangers. If the store were devoid of people, I'd live a much happier, healthy life.
>>
>Mom makes food every night
>Making spaghetti
>Don't feel like having that
>Cook myself up some burgers despite not cooking something in years
>Make better burgers than her
>mfw

Anyone that says it's hard like >>29795948 is legitimately retarded
>>
>>29797788

>pans and terms and shit

Nigga you don't need to know the terms or what the pans "do", you just pick what's best by common sense.
>>
>>29795364
never got taught by my mother
and school never taught this shit
i just have no clue what to do in a kitchen
>>
What do you people even cook? I mean I make pasta, rice and meat and such but I never sit down and make myself a fancy meal. It's always just the easiest thing I can do to the food so that I can consume it. I don't really like food in general though and I have to force myself to eat.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.