[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concluded I'm a 30 year old alcoholic. Wish I knew how to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1375234293144.gif (100 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1375234293144.gif
100 KB, 400x399
Concluded I'm a 30 year old alcoholic. Wish I knew how to quit this shit. The non-existent relationships and loneliness were replaced with alcohol - it's quite the pain killer in that respect.

Keep saying to myself I'll have one more drink, but I can never stop and I know it. Recent loss of my job has not helped, I have real problems holding down jobs among all of my other issues.

It's a spiral into a slow death at this point.
>>
>Download TOR
>Enter deep web
>Order Psibocylin (magic mushrooms)
>????
>PROFIT

Psychedelic drugs are the most potent treatment for alcoholism known to man. Google it.
>>
damn how long have you been drinking? i slowly escalated my drinking throughout the years and was at the point where i'd drink six pack of some 6 percent or more every night. when i had work like half a fifth throughout the day. easily a whole fifth and more for a party. kinda grew out of it. benders would usually last about 3 days, then i'd be left crippled in my bed sweating with the chills and a fever. it was horrible

i read a study that said most hard drinkers tend to just grow out of it by the time they're 30, however continuing past that you're pretty much going to become dependent. i'm 25 btw and started when 16. i still drink from time to time, but i can't drink anymore than 4 beers at a time or like half a pint/4 shots. have no idea how i used to force all that shit down.

my advice is to get out of whatever environment you are in. if not possible aim to. more likely than not it is the cause of your drinking. hopefully you don't have kids or a family so you can still move around. bc you need to man. otherwise yes you will probably die. i felt the same way, even had a passing stroke once.

>>29795602
i wouldn't advise taking psychedelics. sure they might provide you with an eye opening experience and a for a while you'll feel like you don't have to drink, but eventually something will happen bc something always happens in life and like most alcoholics, you will resort to drinking again. this is still something i do but i tend to use anything as an escape when shit hits the fan. luckily i'm in a different environment now though and life is a lot simpler for the most part.
>>
File: 1339037396014 (1).jpg (78 KB, 388x456) Image search: [Google]
1339037396014 (1).jpg
78 KB, 388x456
This is me except soda.

2 liters a day minimum, 4 not uncommon. Somehow not overweight because I don't eat a lot, just drink soda for almost all my calories.

Kidneys hurt all the time. I can't stop, there's no other joy in my life than soda.
>>
>>29795904
So what you're saying is its nothing like OP at all actually because you just drink an above average amount of soda
>>
>>29795261
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Alcoholism Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Drink Like Nigga Close The Bottle Haha
>>
File: mei.jpg (89 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
mei.jpg
89 KB, 600x335
>A year ago
>Start drinking a bit of vodka everyday
>A bottle used to last me a month
>Now 3 days
>Takes more to get drunk, costs going up
>Lost job just today

I am here with you, friend. Change your environment, start finding joy in life. You can be happy without a bottle.
I'm only 22.
>>
>>29795261
Dude, just try some self improving shit. Anything, you know. Change your focus.

It can be anything, learning an instrument, reading books, playing sports. Once you keep some activity which you can find yourself attained to, you will start leaving behind what is keeping you from quitting your addiction. Just find something you enjoy doing and keep that up until you find yourself.
>>
I know how you feel OP ive been a drunk since I was 11 years old. The only thing that will make you sober is fixing the problems that made you drink
>>
>>29798344
>Dude, just try some self improving shit
Amazing wisdom, you should be a life coach
>>
>>29798500
Yea, you guys need to go about this another way.
I drink everclear everday after work and even on the rare occasion I decide to take a day off, I have no passion for pursuing anything. It's pure emptiness.
>>
>>29798573
>I have no passion for pursuing anything. It's pure emptiness.
how do we negate this and why do we feel like this?
>>
>>29795904
>This is me except soda.

It's similar, more than you realize. Very high dosing of Fructose causes liver damage, different from alcohol but there are some similarities on the biochemical level.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.