[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you just move to Japan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: 21.jpg (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
94 KB, 800x600
Why don't you just move to Japan?
>>
>>29794212
because I'll still hate myself, and feel alienated
>>
2D =/ 3D
Japan is racist and xenophobic as fuck.
Not to mention no matter how weeb you are the culture shock will still hit you like a fucking brick.
Not to mention the work culture there is more toxic.
>>
I don't want to be the equivalent of a beaner in America.

plus mommy and poppa live here :^)
>>
>>29794212
Because Hitomi Tanaka is a used up whore and animu is not a real place
>>
With what money?
Can't speak japanese.
2 fatal flaws in you're suggestion.
Fight me.
>>
I'm a very considerate person, and they are very xenophobic. Minorities should always be considerate of the majority's rule and culture. It makes shared existence easier on everybody.
>>
Because I'm very confident that I would like to continue living in the USA more.
>>
It's the "life will be different in another country" meme

>>29794334
>Fight me.

*teleports behind you* heh...
>>
Everything that makes me want to commit suicide in America is worse in Japan. At least I can smoke weed and eat burger in peace.
>>
There's no way I could have the dedication to learn the language and I don't have any degrees which makes it virtually impossible
>>
No money or skills
>>
>>29794432
If i see any of them eating dogs i'll kill everyone of them, shouldn't be too hard seeing as they are all like 4'5ft and 90lbs while i am 260 pound 6ft fat american man, unless they pull a samurai out of their urethra then i die most likely
>>
Because I'm not retarded enough to think anime is representative of reality
>>
File: 1467903829806.png (317 KB, 660x580) Image search: [Google]
1467903829806.png
317 KB, 660x580
I don't want to be called a gaijin fuck.
>>
I'm first grade pussy repellent and it would take way too much time to learn everything about Japan.
>>
>>29794595
Dogs a shit pets, they need motivation to defecate outside
>>
>>29794595
They don't eat dogs in Japan I think. It's mostly Southeast Asia where they do it. Though it might happen in rural areas.
>>
>>29794618
fight me
u wont
>>
>>29794624
Well have the issue of no skills, no money atleast over there i could convince someone to execute my worthless ass with a sword or something, that would be cool
>>
>>29794212
HUWAITU PIGGU GOHOME!
>>
>>29794212
Because theres no real benefit in living in Japan, especially in the long term. You'd be better off visting.

Pros:
>scenery, interesting and maintained temples and historical buildings
>walkability
>vast entertainment in major cities
>expansive railway system to get around almost anywhere

Cons:
>you traditionally live to work
>a consumers country to the point where watching things online such as movies or anime is considered illegal and is punishable by law.
>kanji. which even most Japanese never fully grasp or learn in full.
>squat toilet
>communication and cultural barriers to never fit in
>small homes and apartments
>expense real-estate for small housing
>trash cans aren't common, expect to hold onto most of your litter until you're home
>passive aggressive people
>even half japanese people are discluded and don't fit in their own culture so good luck having kids
>xenophobia
>>
I've lived in Japan for 4 years now.

I enjoy it a lot, it's not a winter wonderland like in anime but it's a very nice place. Far better than the US.

Just know what you're getting yourself into and be prepared. Don't live in the city, be prepared to deal with harsh xenophobia when you're looking for a place to live, don't live in the city and don't live in city because Japanese jews are some of the most jew.
>>
>>29794231
>>29795272
>>29794212
This honestly.

I never understood how anyone could think moving to japan would make life better than it is in America. Honestly, if you're a failure here, you'll be failure there.

Coupled with the fact that most people tend to hate Americans you'd be entering a xenophobic culture that will only love you if you're fucking richer than trump, but if that was the case, then why bother leaving?

I guess what I be saying is...get good....it's the only way.
>>
File: tumblr_nz1ps2GSyf1s4yg05o1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz1ps2GSyf1s4yg05o1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
>>29794618
say that to my face motherfucker, not online and see what happens

this is how i block the robot
>>
>>29795272
Cons
>you traditionally live to work
That's everywhere
>a consumers country to the point where watching things online such as movies or anime is considered illegal and is punishable by law
Pirating is illegal here too
If they can't learn it either then I won't look bad
>squat toilet
It's healthier and should be used everywhere
>communication and cultural barriers to never fit in
I don't fit in here anyways
>small homes and apartments
Sounds cozy
>expense real-estate for small housing
Would suck but it's not like I can afford anything here either
>trash cans aren't common, expect to hold onto most of your litter until you're home
Going outside is for normalfags
>passive aggressive people
Every roastie is passive aggressive and it's better than outright being bullied by Chad
>even half japanese people are discluded and don't fit in their own culture so good luck having kids
Wanting kids is a normalfag ambition
>xenophobia
Xenophobia is a good quality.
>>
>>29795272
It's not as bad as you might think
Sure you have to learn them but it's not actually as hard as a lot of people think it is. You learn a lot automtically
>>
>>29794212
because the japs don't want a bunch of overweight socially awkward foreigners living in their country,
>>
>>29795468

You'd have to look respectable, and if you speak their language fluently you're probably set. If you run around with toast in your mouth over there...yeah.
>>
File: japan.png (79 KB, 379x254) Image search: [Google]
japan.png
79 KB, 379x254
KEK

Oragami macoroni
>>
because i don't feel like i'd enjoy my only rest time in the day being a half passed out meal of noodles at 2am in a ramen bar, surrounded by business men.

japan never sleeps, in the worst of ways.
>>
>>29794212
cause america is the best country desu.
>>
I like being in Japan. People just assume my quiet personality and introvertedness is just me not knowing the language or what to say. Perfect cop out.
>>
File: 1465158975719.jpg (6 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
1465158975719.jpg
6 KB, 249x203
>>29797947
hahaahaha...oh wait you're serious, HAHAHHAHAHHA.
>>
>>29796739
Sounds like if you looked respectable anywhere you'd be fine.
>>
>>29795272
>squat toilet
Objectively superior
>>
>>29796095
>implying chad isn't a universal idea
You know that there are Asian chads too right?
>>
File: sans.png (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sans.png
56 KB, 500x500
>>29794212
for some reason they don't like black people
>>
>>29798109
>dont like black people
maybe the old people or Okinawans
but most young people in Tokyo are fine with blacks imo

just don't look like a Nigerian hoodlum or a navy retard

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with the navy? Does the military only take in people with mental illnesses and anger problems?

If the navy is kicked out of Japan people will have less of a problem with blacks
>>
>>29798091
>>29796095
You guys do know that squat toilets are just cheaper right? That's why the poorer areas have them more than the wealthier areas.

I went to japan and most of the people preferred the American toilets, but they loved the bidet's.

So saying that a squat toilet is objectively better, I'd say, doing an anal enema is good for you too, but you don't do that do you?
>>
>>29798109
No one likes black people. Not even black people like black people.
>>
>>29798155
I don't care if it's cheaper or not, it's clearly a nicer experience

It's cleaner, easier to shit, don't have to press your ass against a thing millions of other men have pressed their asses on

honestly Western toilets are retarded

Also in most metro places in Japan they have Western toilets so that shouldn't even be on that guys con list in the first place
>>
>>29798109
nobody likes black people anon
>>
>>29798155

Squat toilets looked kinda good to me (grew up in the country, used to squatting the in woods), but I've learned they tend to reek, especially in hot weather.

Anyhow, I have a limp and shitty balance now, so it's probably out of the question unless they have handholds or something.
>>
>>29798155
>loved bidets
Japanese confirmed homosexuals
>>
>>29798195
Look i'll spell it out for you.

It's uncomfortable. It sucks to squat to take a shit man. SURE IT'S HEALTHIER, but it's not comfortable.

This is why the Japanese people prefer the western toilet if given the option.

Once again, an Anal Enema is good for you too, but you don't wash your butt hole out every month, do you?

Any who, if the whole world prefers the western toilet, then is it really still retarded? I mean either everyone wrong, or you're right.

You're wrong for sayings it's retarded design wise, it was built for comfort. It's unhealthier, but it's more comfortable.[/spoiler/]
>>
>>29798230
>>29798195

you know who else likes to squat to shit?
Pajeet, so go back to your designated street.
>>
>>29798309
I never used a squat toilet but I squat on top of Western toilets

Come to think of it squat toilets might be uncomfortable since they are so low - a hybrid squat Western toilet would be ideal imo

Someone should work on this
>>
Because I'm hated enough by normals in my own country. How will moving to Japan and working manual labor make my life any better? Living in some tiny apartment living on ramen and barely scraping by sounds horrible.

The only plus sides being its cleaner there and you are within close proximity to all the weeb stuff you could ever want.
>>
File: 1466080614112.jpg (109 KB, 599x813) Image search: [Google]
1466080614112.jpg
109 KB, 599x813
>>29794212
I probably will if Hillary wins
>>
File: NAA mini.jpg (98 KB, 697x551) Image search: [Google]
NAA mini.jpg
98 KB, 697x551
I hate old people that's why
>>
>>29794212
>That'd be expensive as fuck
>I don't speak Japanese and can't be arsed learning it
>No family or friends there
>Would probably become even more of a robot since Otakus in Japan are even more unsociable
>It's a sausage fest
>>
>>29794212
>tfw miss the shit out of living in Tokyo but it makes no sense to stay there as American with a STEM degree

Its either have an easy life teaching some bullshit English lessons with not enough money to really do anything besides drink and maybe have 5 more years of picking up Japanese girls at bars before it starts being weird.

That or work at grueling awful Japanese company with bosses that don't care if you actually do any work just so long as you spend long hours at work and look like you're doing something. Make sure you don't say your opinion to anyone senior than you or you're done advancing in the company. Also with a mid career salary that would be 2/3rds of what I could make starting at a developer job in the US

Tokyo is awesome, Japanese girls are amazing, but moving back to the US to get my master's is ultimately going to be better for my life.
>>
The only things I like from Japan are anime, Nintendo, Japanese qts and...

That's it. And I can get all that shit here so nah I'm fine where I am
>>
>>29795272
>>trash cans aren't common
fucking THIS

Man I thought I was a massive retard when I was visiting Tokyo because I couldn't find a damn trashcan. I genuinely couldn't believe they don't have something that simple
>>
>>29799384
They used, but the terrorists won so they removed them all
>>
>>29796609
What about physically fit good looking socially awkward foreigners?
>>
>>29799460
Traveling abroad is a pussy multiplier
0 times anything is still 0
>>
File: 1459090678555.gif (1 MB, 321x213) Image search: [Google]
1459090678555.gif
1 MB, 321x213
>>29798139
Marinefag here, I don't know if its the culture shock paired with the already strict rules and military lifestyle. Its like the island does things to people. You'll hear stories of fellas who've been in for +10 years and then are caught doing some crazy shit the minute they settle on the island. Things were fine when the policies concerning alcohol consumption off base for a while. They may not want us on the island but we are a major source for that islands economy and provide quite a bit of jobs.
>>
I live in japan and they all love americans. I have never had a problem with a japanese person and i am mexican
>>
>>29799186
More things than I like about the US tbqh.
>>
>>29799170
>makes no sense to live there as an American with a STEM degree
Why?
>>
>>29800877
Read the rest
>>
>>29794300
>Japan is racist and xenophobic as fuck.
sounds wonderful desu desu desu :DD
>>
>>29800945
Japan's racism is so light and evenly applied the only people who really ever bother to complain are white guys and girls experiencing an extremely light version of what America is like for everyone else.
>>
>>29801066
>light version of what America is like for everyone else.
t. libshit
ayyy
>>
>>29800926
but Japan is changing, albeit slowly. More and more companies have Western style business culture, working time is decreasing, companies are offering more time off, etc

It is possible to work for an American / international company in Japan, and Japan has huge manufacturing / industrial sector, great for a mechanical engineer I think
(obviously not as good for a cs/ developer)

What are you getting your master's in?
>>
Would if I could. I went a few years ago and liked it.

Weird thing is, I wouldn't call them nightmares but ever since leaving I still get lucid dreams of being in Japan, and end up waking up really distressed thinking I still am there. The realization of the truth, I wouldn't call it sadness, but I wish those feelings could be answered.

I'm sick of waking up with that unanswered subconscious longing that hasn't gone away or even lessened overtime.
>>
I don't know Japanese, too lazy to learn. I'm a lazy fuck. If I ever decided to get off my ass and actually commit my time to learn the language it'd be nice to go there though.
>>
>>29794212
Because this world is so fucked with bureuacracy that you can't even immigrate anywhere unless you are a skilled worker.
>>
>>29801757
Pay is still absolute shit for developers compared to the US. You're lucky to get 60k after working for a while in the absolute worst kind of environment for development, top down non-developers businessmen. Sure its changing but why stick around when I can make way more money in a more pleasant environment now

Masters in CS
>>
>>29802435
Why the fuck would a country want a bum in their country?
>>
>>29798109
I think some black people are cool anon. Just don't be a nigger
>>
Cause they sank our battleship
>>
I'd rather move to Mexico. Worked for Burroughs and Vietnam veterans, why not me?
>muh drug war
I don't do drugs, and I don't get into other peoples' business. Why wouldn't I be okay?
>>
>>29794212
The nips hate fat people and I weigh 370 and am 5'7" lmao
>>
>>29794212
Don't have the money ATM and I'm still in school. I'd love to go abroad and learn but idk. I'm a sophomore in college and just Want school to be over and I can go ahead and teach in Japan or maybe something better there. After that I'd like to be a pilot and travel the world. Japan has been a dream of mine since 10th grade. I just wish I could win the lotto already and be happy. I feel as if I'll be happier in Japan than where I am now(Kentucky).
>>
>>29794212
Do the Japanese like Australians?

They were really friendly to me when I was there.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.