[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have autistic family members? >25 Year old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 21
File: chrits.jpg (64 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
chrits.jpg
64 KB, 480x600
Does anyone else have autistic family members?

>25 Year old brothers birthday
>He is a very severely autistic man, think chris chan basically
>We don't usually take him out but it was his birthday
>We take him to an 50's style diner because he is a 50's boo
>We get there
>Goes OK for the start of the meal
>However he becomes gradually more and more creepy towards our waitress
>Starts smiling at her, and trying to touch her
>Doesn't say anything though due to his autism
>We can all see in his eyes however that he is building up to say something
>Dad tries to distract him
>Asks him if he wants a dessert
>He gets really excited
>'I'M GONNA HAVE AN AUTHENTIC JELL-O SALAD!'
>gets hyped at the idea of a Jell-o Salad
>Waitress comes back
>Hands us the dessert menu
>Brother snatches it from my hands
>looks
>no jell=o salad
>asks the waitress why there is no jell-o salad
>she says 'sorry sweetie, we don't sell that, do you want anything else from the dessert menu?'
>calling him sweetie seems to trigger him
>'NO..... BUT I WANT SOMETHING FROM YOUR DESSERT MENU'
>he stands up and grabs her arm
>'I WANT A SHAKE FROM YOUR MENU.'
>she has panic in her eyes, tries to shake free
>he doesn't let go
>dad tries to calm him down
>'hey champ, how about we go and get some jello on the way home?'
>he doesn't listen
>keeps shaking the waitress
>dad manages to pull him off and drag him outside
>mother and me give a huge tip and apologise
>during the drive home brother draws a 'dessert menu' on his arm using a pen he stole from the restaurant
>is just crude pictures of the waitress encased in jello with her tits out
>>
i am the one in my house
>>
>>29793609
There's a profound sadness that surrounds the parents and siblings of severely autistic people.

I'm sure, in their darker moments, they sometimes wish the the afflicted family member would die in a convenient accident.
>>
>>29793609
True autism is a horrifying thing. And I thought assburgers was bad.
>>
Why bother even taking them out if all they're gonna do is traumatize normal people? Just leave em locked up at home. Your parents fucked up not aborting him in the first place, no need to spread the suffering
>>
File: jake laughenhall.jpg (81 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
jake laughenhall.jpg
81 KB, 960x640
>>29793609
>draws a dessert menu on his arm
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 592x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 592x437
>tfw aspie
>>
a 50's diner having jello was not an unreasonable thought desu
I'm not blaming the victim but, if instead of assault it had ended with some confused yelp diatribe I think we could all get on board
>>
had me going there for awhile op
>>
I have a mildly autistic cousin who looks almost exactly like Adam Lanza and is obsessed with the Joker.

He's going to be a shitpsoter here one of these days.
>>
>brother autistic
>half nephew autistic
>mom not diagnosed because boomers cant have autism
>me autistic

We're german
>>
My nephew is autistic. In the literal sense, not in the robot "I'm socially awkward" sense. He's 4 years old. He doesn't speak. He still wears diapers. It is sad, really.
>>
File: 1467861692084.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
1467861692084.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
>>29793609

My sister's severely, severely autistic. As in, non verbal autistic. And as soon as my parents die she's probably gonna be my responsibility. Poor girl entered the world to suffer.

What's worse, she'll occasionally have moments of self awareness where she realizes how fucked everything in life is and starts quietly sobbing, unable to communicate her feelings or pain.

Feelsbadman.jpeg
>>
>>29793609
>>is just crude pictures of the waitress encased in jello with her tits out
Holy shit OP your brother is a god amongst men.Post a pic of it, or draw a recreation of it
>>
I think my friends kid is autistic.
I know he's only 3, but holy fuck, I just want to punch the fuck out of him sometimes.
>>
>>29794835
Can she communicate in writing?
>>
>>29793609
Hmm.
They really should get that late-term abortion bill passed.
>>
>>29794835
Does she ever let anyone hold her when she's crying? Are you two able to do other things besides talking, like playing video games?
>>
File: 1444246740233.png (308 KB, 492x419) Image search: [Google]
1444246740233.png
308 KB, 492x419
Autistic man coming through, you better worship the ground I walk on normalfag or else I will report you for committing a hatecrime!
>>
>>29794834
>He doesn't speak. He still wears diapers.
Thats still meme autism at that age.
>>
>>29793609
Cold copypasta from /ck/. I'll take it back to the coo/ck/s if you don't mind.
>>
File: 1464085748805.png (239 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1464085748805.png
239 KB, 576x432
>>29793609
Include me in the /r/4chan screencap, faggots
>>
File: comfy.jpg (145 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
145 KB, 670x424
>>29794752
I'm already here you cunt, and I'm not obsessed with the joker. It was just funny that one time I had to draw makeup on your face.
>>
>tfw think I'm autistic
>watch some home movies of me
>mfw I'm speaking 2 word sentences at my 1st birthday
It's a good day to not be mentally gay
>>
>>29794835
hey man, I'm in the same situation as you, we could chat sometime if you want, what's your skype?
>>
File: 1467861100921.jpg (62 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1467861100921.jpg
62 KB, 780x780
>>29795000

Not really, she mostly uses pictures and some sign language

>>29795039

She does, even though she doesn't normally like being touched.

She used to have a DSi she loved playing with but she broke it in her autistic rage and we're pretty bottom tier poor so now it's mostly playing on a phone, running around outside and whatnot, etc.

Thanks for the (You)s, lads, I've been having somewhat shitty day and sympathy from anonymous shitposters really does help. Honestly, without irony or sarcasm.
>>
>>29793609
>during the drive home brother draws a 'dessert menu' on his arm using a pen he stole from the restaurant
>is just crude pictures of the waitress encased in jello with her tits out
Holy shit i'm literally autisitc but that's fucking hilarious.
Weird thing was that there were two other autists in my class growing up, one was a chad and the other literally threw a chair at the principal on her first day
>>
>>29795064
He's officially diagnosed now. At 4 years old a kid should at least try to speak a bit. And know how to use a potty. His parents have tried.
>>
File: 1466955130353.gif (273 KB, 692x156) Image search: [Google]
1466955130353.gif
273 KB, 692x156
>>29795125

I don't use Skype anymore, familam, but my kik is Prince.Istalri if you have that

Pls don't be bully trying to rub it in or spam me or fuck with me. I don't need more reasons not to trust people
>>
>>29795146
Is she cute?

bloxx
>>
>>29795146
Sorry man. You sound like a good brother to care about her like that.
>>
>>29795118
"fuck you!"
"dumb whore"
"shit licker"
"wrong one bitch"
"give tit milk"
"daddy fuck mummy"
"eat dog poo!"
Be specific anon
>>
>>29795146
How old is she? As a very original question.
>>
>>29794835
My sister has down syndrome, she knows 5 words (in babble) and she is ten
She runs around, tries to play and loves watching videos on her tablet but whenever there are kids around she goes near them, at first she tried to play, got rejected and run away crying but now she stays near the but doesn't approach
It's sad because you can tell even with her mental state she still wants to be normal
>>
File: 1466954862510.png (96 KB, 700x473) Image search: [Google]
1466954862510.png
96 KB, 700x473
>>29795361

ten desu

This is oregano
>>
>>29795199
That's an awesome gif. Immediately got me analyzing on how to program it. I think I figured out the math part, pretty easy. What graphical libraries could I use for it? In Python preferable?
>>
>>29795309
Shit like "cake yummy" or "me thirsty"
The usual shit.
>>
>>29793609
me and my dad are autist robots and everyone else in our family is a normie and a woman
>>
>age 16
>go to the annual family reunion
>see a cousin I recognize from childhood
>we were never really friends at all, just know him from occasional family gatherings
>he's a year or two older than me
>he approaches me, seems normal at first aside from being really greasy looking
>then he asks if I play video games
>tell him I play typical normie stuff like ass creed, fallout, minecraft, CoD, all on pc
>he gets really excited and loud like he's never met anyone who plays video games before
>leaves uneventfully
>later, parents say he wants to spend the night with me
>what the fuck, I'm 16, he's 17-18, and we aren't really friends
>parents confirm to me that he actually does have diagnosed assburgers
>agree to let him stay for the night
>all I usually do is sit around and play games, so I have to either let him play ass creed on my pc or make things even weirder by making him watch me play single player games all night
>he plays ass creed, I play on my phone all night
>later he switches to MW2, slowly gets more and more angry about losing
>awkwardly sit there playing on my phone while he tries not to break my stuff in a fit of rage
>I go to sleep early
>he falls asleep mid-game somehow, mouse still in his hand and everything
>he leaves the next morning
>everything he touched is still greasy
>never spoke to him again
I'm just glad he didn't try to fuck me, he seemed like an actual fag.
>>
File: 1467695223339.jpg (171 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1467695223339.jpg
171 KB, 800x600
>>29795455

Mine does similar stuff. They're too pure for the world normies have created
>>
>>29795542

I sadly don't into programming, I stole this from /sci/. Sorry desu fampai
>>
>>29795455
>>29795666

you must put them with others downies, they'll live a good life
>>
Aspergers is shit. Autism is shit. I have aspergers, my younger uncle is LFA and my older uncle is a creepy as fuck (my mom and i are pretty certain) undiagnosed assburger.

My grandparents did their best but quite frankly they were oblivious to the whole autism thing. Cant really hold it against them because theyre working class folk from nowhere, arkansas and somewhere, georgia. Back then autism was thought to be caused by poor mothering.

Lfa uncle lives in a group home and the aspie one is a bum living in a trailer who always goes on about how "obummer" is a filthy muslim, colleges are run by commies, etc. My mom is going to have to take care of the lfa one when my grandparents are gone.

I kinda wish my granddad had better taste in women than some pretty hick girl because all the autism and mental problems come from her side of the family.

Not sure if I want kids by this point to be honest. Autism is hell.
/blog
>>
>>29795757
I too have aspergers, the only good think about it is the government bux. I probably will never have to work a day in my life.
>>
>>29795757
I don't think you can predict it in any way. I'm the guy with the autistic nephew, and my brother and his wife are both highly educated (PhD) people. It just looks like something went wrong with his genetics.
>>
File: file.png (259 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
file.png
259 KB, 640x640
YEAH BABY I AM THE AUTISM KING
>>
>>29795146
>she mostly uses pictures and some sign language
so she's a meme master?
>>
File: 1377010045316.jpg (92 KB, 550x700) Image search: [Google]
1377010045316.jpg
92 KB, 550x700
Technically I'm an asspie but thats because I was diagnosed like 15 years ago. back then I just refused to talk and I'd blatantly ignore peoples exsistance if did't like them, back then they thought that made me autistic so yeah.
>>
I have a much younger half sister that doesn't live in the same house as me.

She's ten now. Quite quiet and likes Harry Potter. I hope she grows up to be someone cool I could hang out with.
>>
File: 1418858680931.jpg (18 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1418858680931.jpg
18 KB, 400x386
>mfw SJWs say we shouldn't cure autism and other mental diseases or disabilities like deafness
>>
>>29795146
Is she deformed or does she look normal?
>>
>>29793988
Fuck man
I'm a cashier at Walgreens and there's an adult daycare right up the street from my store. Whenever the autists come in with their caretakers I get really depressed by how hopeless they all seem. The closest I ever got to killing myself was on the drive home after one of those days.
I'm too weak for this world
>>
>>29796063
SJW's are just submissive cucks and sluts without any real backbone, I have aspergers and would take a cure over having this crap anyday.
>>
>>29796209
Ya, it's just annoying how they have to pretend like having mental diseases or other disabilities makes someone special or unique and there is nothing wrong with it because everyone is the same they just experience things differently or some bullshit like that. Listening to some SJW at my school ramble off on why we shouldn't cure deafness just blew my mind that people actually think that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>29795614
Same thing happened to me
>be 14
>have a high disdain for babies and retards (who act like babies)
>have that one low functioning cousin (everyone has one)
>have a family reunion
>he comes over to my house
>immediately goes up to my game room upstairs
>starts playing my GC or something
>starts taking out my Legos
>have to wait an hour before I see my toys again
>I get the controller
>it's greasy as fuck like if a baby slimed all over it
>all my Legos are greasy too
>it's leaving time for autistic cousin
>left my game room in a mess
>the floor is peppered in hundreds of Legos
>all of my games are everywhere
>my console is all greasy
>it smells weird
I wish he would gas himself already
>>
>>29794317
You can't tell if someone has autism until symptoms manifest months or years after being born.

Also, OP's brother sounds like he has mild autism. True severe autism is being totally nonverbal, staring at a wall for hours, and punching yourself in the face to express you're unhappy about something.
>>
>>29795929
Huh I remember reading ages ago that researchers thought there was a genetic component.

At least then we'd have the knowledge that there was a reason besides God deciding to zap some poor saps with the "Fuck You" gun.
>>
Legit autistic or 4chan "autism"?
My little brother is 16 and he has autism. We can't even have a conversation with him. The only time he ever interacts with us is to ask for something he wants or to tell us that he peed/shit his pants again (in the third person.). He also has echolalia, which is fucking annoying and he never shuts the fuck up, and has no indoor voice. Most of the time, I feel more like his caretaker than his brother. I could write a whole novel describing all of his mannerisms and personal stories I've experienced that involve him, like when he goes on violent tantrums and tries to beat down my mom, then shits his pants out of spite so that we have to take him a shower because he can't take himself one.
Unlike a lot of autistics, my brother is really unpredictable and not too materialistic and also very unpredictable and erratic, which makes it hard to punish him. My parents no longer hit him because they feel bad (because he has autism).
I mention the erratic thing because my brother doesn't seem to fixate on one thing like a lot of other autistics.
Anyway, I'm beginning to hate him, but I know he can't control having autism, so it feels wrong.
>>
>>29796373
By genetic I mean that in the heritable sense.
>>
>>29795614
>>29796312

Where the fuck does all the grease come from?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 386x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 386x226
>>29796344
>you can't tell if someone has autism till months or years after they are born
Nope, you just have to identify autistic facial features
>>
>>29796416
Saliva
It's saliva
>>
I got diagnosed with McDD/ASD at age 5, AMA
>>
>>29796417
This. Once you know the tells it's relatively easy to spot.

Pro: having those features means you look young for your age

Con: This is usually countered by all the comorbid issues
>>
>>29794835
My sister's in pretty much the same boat. She's a teenager, but she hasn't really aged past 5 or 6 mentally. I've always been weird, but I feel really bad for her. She's even scared of most of our family. Really only likes our parents and me. I'm the second oldest so I always had to take care of her growing up. Can't bring myself to resent her for it. She doesn't need to speak for me to tell she feels scared and alone. I'm not a very physical person but I always make sure to give her a hug when I see her. It calms her down.
>>
>>29795542
It's overkill for such simple graphics but I'd use something like PyGame. A normal GUI toolkit like Tkinter would be sufficient but it's easier to do graphics which update continuously with a game graphics lib, plus then you can learn how to make 2D games.
>>
My sister has aspergers, she is highly functioning though. She sounds rude all the time and I have a hard time telling when she is genuinely insulting or when she just doesn't understand how the tone of her voices makes everything she says sound like an insult.

She is a bully to our mother and it pains me alot to see her treat her like trash all the time. When we were younger we fought alot but it always ended in her throwing a tantrum like she is six years old, slamming doors and throwing things.
>>
>>29796373
There are several completely separate causes. Some people inherit it but there's a chemical (can't remember the name) which can cause autism if the mother takes it during pregnancy. They use it to model autism with rats since it causes equivalent symptoms.
>>
>>29796903
Is she hot? Post pics anon
>>
Well, I think of /r9k/ as family, so yeah. xD
>>
>>29793609
I wonder why she didn't just give him something from the desert menu. What a cunt
>>
>>29795125
>we could chat sometime if you want
As a total aside, how does this shit even work? I don't understand how people just start "chatting" about things.
>hey
>hey
>how about that autism?
>yeah, terrible stuff
Maybe I'm just autistic myself
>>
>>29794835
>What's worse, she'll occasionally have moments of self awareness where she realizes how fucked everything in life is and starts quietly sobbing, unable to communicate her feelings or pain.

Jesus, right in the feels.
>>
>>29795146

Dude, some means of sending her a DSi? For both of you?
>>
File: 14554840195691.jpg (615 KB, 1140x1128) Image search: [Google]
14554840195691.jpg
615 KB, 1140x1128
>you are the autistic family member

fuck
>>
>>29795542
you could probably channel it with your mind if you have severe autism like it seems you do
>>
>>29796417
>>29796519

Can you provide more information about this? Interesting.
>>
>>29797841

Here's a link with sort of crappy pictures (too small): http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/is-it-autism-facial-features-that-show-disorder/
>>
>>29795199
this gif is gorgeous.
>>
File: 1466227533617.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
1466227533617.gif
47 KB, 306x469
>>29796643

That's rough, anon. But you're a good brother for doing that.

We're usually so caught up in our own misery on this board that we forget how much worse those who got dealt the real shit hands have it. This is the only time the "girls can't be as lonely and miserable as robots" meme actually breaks down, imo.
>>
>>29798171
I think a lot of it for me is that I kind of relate to her. Not on the same level, obviously, but I know what it's like to be alone and scared and feel unloved.
>>
>>29796643
You are such a nice brother. Be proud of ur self. Unlike many others in this Thread i dont know any relatives who have autism but i am trying to be much thankful as possible being in a stabile family with enough money and good health. I wish u good luck anon and i hope ur Sister will always be alright and happy
>>
File: 1467111151617.gif (611 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1467111151617.gif
611 KB, 460x460
>>29798052

Here's a similar one, courtesy of the higher functioning autists over on /sci/. The elitism on that board is toxic, but they have some great gifs and memes.
>>
>>29796643

Damn, something about these stories...I think my room is really dusty or something.

Glad you're there for her, man. I mean it.
>>
>>29795697
Thing is you have to take in account how she feel about herself, she may think she is still 4 years old or she may not realize she has downs but does realize other kids have it.
The only advantage she has is that she is very very low on the phisycal scale of downs, meaning it takes watching her for a while before you realize she has it when most you can tell just by looking at the.
She goes to school with other kids some of which are 15 and she picked up nasty habits from them like spastic arm movement and hitting so that's also shitty
>>
>>29795666
The you can't tell until they are x age is bullshit they feed the parents to make them feel better and for fear of them putting the kid in adoption
I could tell before she was 3, my friend could too
>>
>>29798171
Fuck off roastie you will never get how my sister feels, go hump chads leg and beg for cum or something
>>
>>29794835
>>29795455
>>29796643
dysgenics are a terrible thing
>>
File: 1467264942777.jpg (67 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
1467264942777.jpg
67 KB, 500x456
>>29799577

I'm a guy. I meant that girls like your sister actually know what loneliness and genuine hardship can be like, unlike the "teehee fembot here I'm sooo lonely and depressed and antisocial xddddd" shitposters.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, anon. I should've been more clear in my response. Of course I don't (and can't) know what that's like
>>
My brother is severely autistic
He's like that of a 2 year old, always smiling, laughing, 100% innocent, oblivious to the world's horrors. He'll make words that resemble speech, baby sounds practically. Most of the time he paces around the house to a beat that he hums, and if you mimic his rhythm, he changes it. When he's upset or excited he squeals and he can eat like a motherfucker.
>>
>>29793609
What's that mugshot from? When did he get arrested?
>>
Is there an argument against aborting downies?
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.