[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do women generally have a fluffy top 40 taste in music compared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2014-07-11.png (136 KB, 353x554) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-11.png
136 KB, 353x554
Why do women generally have a fluffy top 40 taste in music compared to men?

Hilariously enough I noticed black guys have a similar top 40 taste compared to white guys, too. I don't think I've ever seen a black guy listen to dark side of the moon, for example etc

.....for millennials, how many chicks do you think have listened to this in high school vs. guys?

Same with black guys, too. I'd more likely see a white nerd with cargo shorts and long hair listen to that album when he's 17 over a black guy or a chick, you know this to be true

From a sociological standpoint....why?
>>
>>29793495
>using Dark Side Of The Moon as a watermark for deep music taste

Anyway, it's because women are vapid whores who exist only to consume, follow trends and be treated like objects.
>>
What kind of top 40 lists are we talking about?
>>
>>29793560
>using Dark Side Of The Moon as a watermark for deep music taste

Seriously OP I listened to this with my mom before I started smoking weed with her. What other types of dadkino do you like then, Bob Dylan, or Red Hot Chili Peppers? Mozart?
>>
>>29793560
>>29793584
>criticizing god tier music because an autist cuck on /mu/ told me to

laugh out loud
>>
No idea what you're talkin about senpai
>>
>>29793638
I'm saying i noticed that a dude is more likely to have a better taste in music than a woman.

More thought put into it, dug deeper, etc.

I think black guys would have the same taste in music as white guys if they grew up in the same surroundings

if there was a brain aspect to it, it's likely strictly male vs female, and not so much race. Black guys from what I've seen listen to 60s/70s rock, or 80s alternative etc less so, but likely only because of their surroundings.

They'll still listen to say Public Enemy, Big L, Tribe Called Quest etc where as a woman likely wouldn't
>>
>>29793608
It's a good album, sure, but I know plenty of girls who listen to Pink Floyd. I get what you're trying to convey though, it's definitely a very real phenomenon, it's most likely a sociological and developmental thing, the way girls are treated growing up versus the way boys are treated growing up, that encourages guys to be more exploratory with their interests while women usually eventually digress into complacency.
>>
File: 10._A_hedgehog_taking_a_shower1.jpg (189 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
10._A_hedgehog_taking_a_shower1.jpg
189 KB, 400x400
lol holy shit op if you really think pink floyd isnt normie bullshit you need to kys you fucking faggot
literally just end your life
>>
>>29793608
>god tier music
yeah maybe if youre still in middle school nigger
literally linkin park tier
>>
A lot of cute guys already have trouble being around and talking to girls. Becoming more unapproachable is highly undesirable. That's why you can have songs like:

>Peter Pan that's what they call me
>I promise that you'll never be lonely

And have girls be like, "Neverland is my favvv!!! <3" So that Chad might approach her even if his job doesn't bring him as much money as anon's.
>>
literally every high school kid that has smoked weed a total of 3 times listens to pink floyd, both male and female.
>>
>>29793495
This thread made me realise how old I am, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
>>
From my limited experience, it seems that women only listen to the lyrics. All the women I've shared my taste with can't stand instrumental music, and when discussing why they like the music they like they simply repeat the lyrics they like.
>>
>>29795362
Is this also normie music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdZdnbWoWk

Originalolo
>>
>>29793495
except they don't

for every girl that listens to the latest Drake hit, there is a guy listening to Desiigner's new mixtape

i don't know where the fuck you get this information from lmao
>>
>>29793495
I think it very much ties into the fact that girls are far more likely to follow and listen to whats "popular" than men are.

Basically what >>29794178
is getting at
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.