[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My grandmother is currently in the hospital dying, she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
My grandmother is currently in the hospital dying, she's 82 years old and the doctor said she has got a week left to live.

What did you bros do to handle your grandparents passing away?
>>
When she conks out you should call dibs on all the cool shit at her house.
>>
>>29792874
If I was 82 I wouldn't want to have to wait a whole week to finally die, I'd want my thoughtful and kind grandson to come and visit me with a Smith and Wesson. You should do your dear old gran a good turn.
>>
I wasn't close to my grandparents, as they lived in another country, so I guess that helped.

But really, at 82 she's lived a long full life, way more than anyone could expect. What other way to go could be better?
>>
>>29792918
Fuck calling dibs, get your mom's spare key and go straight for the jewelry while the bitch is still breathing
>>
>>29792874
no doc would give someone a "week to live" you lying faggot
>>
File: 1467828887483.png (78 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1467828887483.png
78 KB, 420x420
All of my grandparents are dead and I didn't give a single shit, I couldn't even be bothered to go to their funerals, considering that I was already suffering of so much severe social anxiety and depression I couldn't even leave the house.
>>
>>29792874
>if she's conscious and is awear of her surroundings
Visit her obviously, spend some time with her, sneak her in a ciggy or drink if she's into that stuff. Talk to her like she's not about to die, but like it's just a regular pleasant conversation. Smile and make her feel good.

>if she's not (ie, unconscious and in pain)
Don't vist her, I know it's painful to stay away, but it's even more painful to see her like that. Let her pass away and remember her as she was when she was healthy. Even though you might get some flack for this, it's better for you overall.
>>
>>29792874

Grandfather and grandmother have suddenly dropped in heath, grandmama fell down the stairs and grandpa has cancer.
>>
Two of my grandmas died and I didn't care at all.

One of my grandpas who I always hung out with died and I felt like I wasn't going to feel anything again, and I didn't until his funeral, where I started crying for about 20 seconds and then fucking hid it, it was weird.

My other grandpa is basically on his way out, he was always really super healthy up until about a year ago, he always looked 20 years under his age but now he looks his age and he's 88.
>>
Spend time with her. As much as you can.

My grandpa was bed ridden his last few months, but I barely visited him because I would start tearing up. The day he passed, I was leaving for work and I heard him call for me and I told him I gotta go. When I came home, ambulances were there and he had gone.

Trust me spend as much time with her now as you can
>>
just think of what her vagina looks like and you won't be sad anymore that she's dying
>>
fuck OP, my whole family is messed up. My mama is a narcissistic slut, dad's gone, brother has the schizophrenzia so he was never there, grandmother's a junkie, and they didn't like me much cause I was kind of a tomboy

but my granddaddy was so good. He was so soft spoken and kind but still, he used to tell me war stories, terrible things

he taught me how to cook and I helped him with the animals on his farm, he showed me how to take care of a garden

he had a pet bird who could say hello. he was the cutest thing but so annoying. Whenever we were watching TV, "hello! hello! hello!"

I watch Joy of Painting all the time cause Bob Ross reminds me so much of my grandad lol

he died alone. My mom moved us away when I was still pretty young and she wasn't much for family so we didn't keep in contact. I didn't even know he died until years later. It hurts so much to think about his last few years all alone. he didn't really have anybody else. I feel so fucking guilty all the time.

I'm kind of wasted OP sorry, basically what I mean is spend all your time with her while you can. Listen to her stories, I bet she has so much to tell you. The good people in your life are so fucking important
>>
>>29792874

My grandma died in 2005 and was the most important person in my life since I had shitty parents and we always hung out and did things like write stories, play catch, go swimming, etc, when my dad left me there to get drunk. She had a heart attack and it took her 2 months after before she passed away. My biggest regret in life was withdrawing from her at the end because it was so painful for me to deal with. The last thing I said to her was 'see ya' like I thought nothing of it. Anyways, you should spend as much time with them as possible, keep them company and ask if they need anything, don't withdraw from them even if it hurts because it's the last chance you'll get ti be together.
>>
>>29792874
all my grandparents cept my grandma on my moms side died before I was born.
she's amost 90 and she smoked and drinks vodka on the daily.. but I think it's finally catching up to her cause she apparently cannot breath well and she's frail. I somehow gotta see her in texas and we're from upstate ny.. guess I'll just wait for the news on fb
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.