[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice on the NEET life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
File: ComfyPepe15.jpg (97 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
ComfyPepe15.jpg
97 KB, 409x409
I moved recently, and can afford to go for quite a long time as a NEET, and I'd like advice on what I should do as a NEET for fun, or to pass the time.

Also /NEETAdvice/ general thread.
>>
File: zViHW.jpg (655 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
zViHW.jpg
655 KB, 1600x1200
>>29792163

I did this. I lived on my own as a NEET for 5 years.

My advice... DON'T FUCKING DO IT.

NEET time is the most toxic thing you can have on your resume. I have a STEM degree and 3 years of professional experience and I can't even get considered for $12/hr jobs.

Isolation is a bitch. It will eat away at your mental health. Not at first... but after several months.

You will escape more and more into online and vidya worlds. There is nothing to stop you. You will tell yourself it's comfy, but in reality you are just digging a deep hole too deep to climb out of.

If you have absolutely decided you want to be NEET for a long term period of time, live in a buddhist monastery. At least that will keep you sane and active.
>>
File: ComfyPepe15.png (212 KB, 400x440) Image search: [Google]
ComfyPepe15.png
212 KB, 400x440
>>29792313
Tick-tock wagecuck, don't let Mr. Scheckelstien catch you on 4chan when you're supposed to be working.

I need advice from actual NEETs, not some wagecuck in disguise like yourself.
>>
Bumporoo I need some answers get in here fellow NEETs.
>>
Read some good books
Exercise
Go for a walk
Eat well

Things like these.
>>
>>29793636
>Exercise
this

It sounds normie as fuck, but you end up feeling pretty good after a nice 30 minute work out. I only do it 4 days a week, and I feel damn good. Also, don't eat like shit.
>>
>>29793636
Do you know what site your on?
>>
>>29793684
>>29793691
Everyone calls it normalfag-tier but exercise is genuinely good for you. Getting fat and unhealthy is no fun.
>>
>>29793691
A meme site. Doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of yourself. Half the bitching people do here can be easily solved. Most of those people are just lazy fucks.
>>
>>29793684
>>29793710
>>29793732
Go back to facebook, normans.
>>
>>29792405
Start bodybuilding famalam, watch anime and play vidya on your downtime, when you get towards the end of your neet period, enter a competition and try and get first place
If you win, you can pretty much not only put Chad to shame but it will open some doors for you and allow to live the neet/lifting life

Good luck OP
>>
>>29793753
>muh secret klub
How do I upvote you on here?
>>
>>29793753
Fuck off. Exercise when done at home is good for you and not normalfag-tier. Not exervising because you believe it makes you a normalfag is idiotic. Remember: /fit/ is /r9k/.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29792163
This new life of yours is full of options. You can start writing books, making music or movies, learning sciences or languages, exercising, cooking, woodworking, painting, sculpturing, metalworking, bodybuilding, photography, creating dank memes, developing software. The possibilities really are endless.
>>
Face facts, you're just going to turn into even more of a pathetic loser who loves 2d women and has no meaningful relationships. Odds are you're just going fall deeper into the well of self loathing and eventually kill yourself.
>>
File: 14339624813513.gif (285 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
14339624813513.gif
285 KB, 400x296
>>29793872
Depends. If you can deal with NEETdom then do it. If you can't, don't.
>>
>>29792313
>Isolation is a bitch. It will eat away at your mental health. Not at first... but after several months.

Jesus Christ, this. I've been a NEET for 3 years straight and my social skills are so fucked up now it isn't even funny. I'd see my old friends from high school walking down the streets and they look so fucking different and alien. Hard to explain, but I can't even partially relate to any human being now.

Just... if you're going to be a NEET, please, have a fucking plan. Don't be like me and just sit inside listening to music, masturbating and smoking pot all day.
>>
File: iopjkp.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
iopjkp.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>>29792163
Sit in your home all day alone and depressed
it works for me and i wouldn't trade it for the world
>>
The NEET life is not defined by boredom, but by an ever encroaching sense of anxiety that you ca no't get rid of. The feeling that you SHOULD be doing something, but aren't. And the longer it lasts the worse it gets.

If you already have depression, its going to get worse.
If you have hallucinations, then be prepared for them to intensify.
You can drown yourself in anime, vidya, shitposting, and whatever else you can find, but eventually escapism will start to lose its luster and you will find yourself right back to where you started.
You'll develop chronic conditions and mental illnesses from isolating yourself and sitting on your ass all day. Be prepared for that.

In short, get out while you still can.
>>
File: 1466885088479.jpg (105 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1466885088479.jpg
105 KB, 409x409
>>29794706
As a NEET myself I can confirm this. It's still better than the wageslave/unicuck life though.
>>
File: HKeBnTm.png (87 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
HKeBnTm.png
87 KB, 300x299
>barely going to school for 4 years
>neet for 2 after
>all of the sudden everything on the computer is boring
>now need to get a job to do anything but live in the middle of nowhere and no work history

fug
>>
>>29792313
It does Fuck up with you. Fucking isolation is the worst.

Slowly my depression is really getting a toll on me and it still is nowadays.
>>
File: 1feel17.png (511 KB, 476x621) Image search: [Google]
1feel17.png
511 KB, 476x621
>>29792313
>Isolation is a bitch. It will eat away at your mental health. Not at first... but after several months.

Fucking this. I've been a neet since class of 09. I can't even hold a conversation anymore. I mumble things like a literal retard and laugh uncontrollably at odd times. I've spent so much time alone that I can't even look people in the eye without cringing, it feels like looking over a bridge .
>>
>>29796136
It really fucking is, sometimes I mumble incoherent shit pretending someone is there listening.
>>
>>29796136
>laugh uncontrollably at odd times

I went through this when I was withdrawing from Kratom after using it for half a year. Absolutely horrifying. I would also go out for a cigarette or something and completely out of the blue I would start sobbing for two seconds and then be completely fine.
>>
>>29796204
Kratom withdrawal gives me the giggle fits too. I get kind of manic sometimes, talking to myself and smiling from ear-to-ear uncomfortably.
>>
Exercise may seem hard or boring at first, but it has a lot of mental benefits along with the physical. I run 30-45 minutes a day, since taking that up I feel a lot better.

If you've got the cash and the space I can't recommend buying a treadmill, elliptical or stationary bike enough. Throw on a movie or TV show and that time flies.
>>
Develop habits of regular exercise and a healthy diet.

Learn a skill like painting, a musical instrument or a new language.

Learn to meditate, or pray and do it regularly.

Read a lot.

Acquire hallucinogens such as psilocybin mushrooms, mescaline, DMT, LSD, LSA, Salvia divinorum, etc. and use them with great caution to discover yourself and the universe.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.