[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meaning of Life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 20
File: galaxy.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
galaxy.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
Ask a guy who independently discovered the meaning of life anything.

It's something you can even know yourself given the right circumstances. Anyone can get a very good taste of what it is in just minutes (and it will blow your mind) since we're all part of the same thing, but you need to piece a lot of things together to properly get the big picture.

This realisation is only ever created in a subjective environment, but it will be known in that moment stronger than anything you've ever known in your entire life.

The problem is, the message has to be delivered in a very specific way. Most don't know how to deliver it, because it goes far beyond anything you can put in a book.

I'm working on a video that's looking to be about 30 minutes long at fully explaining it (not published yet).

What you think reality is, is but a grain of sand to an entire dessert. That's how wrong you are in your thinking. But the great thing is, despite how shit things seem in this moment of time, it's all perfectly structured, and the reality to all of this is far better than you can even possibly imagine and it will get better on a magnitude you literally can't even imagine, but only if you start paying greater attention in life. If you tap into it strongly enough for even a short period of time (which isn't hard to do, given the right "delivery" method), you will cry your eyes out at the beauty of it.

If any of this thread makes you feel small and insignificant, understand that you're an integral part of all of it, and the potency of it penetrates every fibre of your existence. However, you unintentionally block yourself from accessing most of it throughout your life, even as you read this. Right now you're accessing an absolute shit-tier level of it, but this can change entirely.

(And no, this isn't psychedelics talking; I've never taken anything beyond a bit of salvia a few years ago which didn't really give me any real insights.)
>>
What is the exact purpose of your post?
>>
>>29791448
To give robots hope and to inspire them to work towards this place I'm talking about. It seems ridiculous from your point of view, but even though I don't know you guys, I care about all of you and wish to help you. This is one of the effects of dipping into this stuff.

This is a Q&A thread also.
>>
Tell us how we got here and why we have no choice in where we are
Don't lie
>>
>>29791548
I'll say it now: I don't have all the answers to how exactly the universe works since that's impossible in this level of awareness. However, I do have the main answers to why it works the way it does and what we need to do to align with it in order to progress "up the ladder" of pure happiness.

To answer your questions, as a whole, we are all godliness (or "god" as we commonly call it) fragmented into inconceivable numbers. We arrived here because godliness knows that it's the best possible outcome in the universe for us to progress up this "game". It was a big sacrifice for parts of "him" (godliness) to forget a lot of himself in the process, but one that is ultimately worth it. However, we don't realise this yet because we're literally at the very beginning of this immense "game".

We have no choice because we're a part of the very thing that created it, but we made ourselves forget this to make it all the more incredible. We think we don't want to be here, but if we knew the reality of the situation, we actually chose to be here (but forgot this fact).
>>
>meaning of life
>meaning

Thread hidden.
>>
>>29791689
ok but why would it do that?
because it's bored? w a t
does it do this all day every day or is this a one time experiment?
cause this is gay af I want that sweet omniscience
>>
>>29791710
If you think meaning doesn't exist, why did you write your post? At request, I will debunk the "it's just chemicals" theory.
>>
Your message has very little substance if all you can tell us is "you can't understand right now, but you should align yourself with the cosmic reality blabla".

Why don't you finish that video of yours and come back?
>>
I believe that we are the creation of an alien species which are immensely bigger than us, and once we die we are rewarded with a sort of paradise where everything is possible. I mean, nature seems so perfect that it HAD to been created somehow. It know it seems far-fetched but honestly I prefer to believe in this than in Christian God or some shit, way more exciting.
>>
>>29791792
the truth is we were made by eldritch horrors
we're a long-standing experiment
they're trying to find something
>>
>>29791689

Can we ever just walk away and become an island onto ourselves, be a new tiny proto-god on our own?

Because screw playing the game, reincarnating and dealing with people and "learning" through repeated lives.
>>
>>29791761
I get what you're saying, and I feel bad that the video isn't ready. I get too excited about this shit though, and I guess if I can at least inspire a little bit for now it's still worth something.

>>29791742
You need to really think about what godliness is. A grain of sand has something like 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in it. I calculated that it would take 421 billion years to count all these atoms if you spent your entire waking life doing it. This is the magnitude of it all. Godliness encompasses an unimaginable number of possibilities because it's an expression of its greatness. One of these expressions is the one we're currently experiencing on earth whereby everything seems fucking awful, but 99% of people are ignoring signs constantly being sent to us on a day-to-day basis that will guide us towards progressing through this "game". Right now, most people are stuck in a sort of state of limbo.

This repeats for eternity, but don't fear, it's not bad like you think it is. It's all entirely for your benefit.
>>
>>29791372

No, you haven't found anything. It's all about the meaning each person give it.
>>
>It's something you can even know yourself given the right circumstances. Anyone can get a very good taste of what it is in just minutes (and it will blow your mind) since we're all part of the same thing, but you need to piece a lot of things together to properly get the big picture.
So right off the bat this sounds like some New Age sales pitch. "I know the meaning of life and you can too!"

>The problem is, the message has to be delivered in a very specific way. Most don't know how to deliver it, because it goes far beyond anything you can put in a book.
"I'm the only one who can explain the meaning of life to you dopes"
Come on, man.

>What you think reality is, is but a grain of sand to an entire dessert. That's how wrong you are in your thinking.
"We're all so small, man"

>But the great thing is, despite how shit things seem in this moment of time, it's all perfectly structured, and the reality to all of this is far better than you can even possibly imagine and it will get better on a magnitude you literally can't even imagine, but only if you start paying greater attention in life.
Oh boy and I bet you'll be able to tell me how to pay greater attention in life for three easy payments of $13.33
Anyone who claims there is some divine structure to the universe or to life is trying to sell you some bullshit.

>If you tap into it strongly enough for even a short period of time (which isn't hard to do, given the right "delivery" method), you will cry your eyes out at the beauty of it.
Sentimentalist pap and snake oil
Impressive you've gone eight paragraphs and managed to say nothing more than "I discovered the meaning of life: we're all really small but there's a greater plan for all of us you probably don't understand."
>>
>>29791792
I'm OP and I agree that religion is largely a pile of shit. But god does exist. It took me several years to realise this. "He" isn't a person in the sky, but a thing that penetrates the entire universe beyond levels we even know about, hence godliness.

>>29791843
Afraid not. We're all in for the ride. Trying to escape it will only prolong and increase your suffering.
>>
>>29791871
op btfo

>>29791857
alien shill pls go
this reality is obviously fabricated
its sophistication is not enticing in the least
>>
>>29791894
>Afraid not. We're all in for the ride. Trying to escape it will only prolong and increase your suffering.

That's the attitude I really don't like from new agey theories like these. Everything is love and light, except when you disagree, and that's when you're condemned to damnation or whatever equivalent thereof.

Spiritually speaking I will walk away, and I will become an abomination ruling over a kingdom of their own.
>>
>>29791372
Too much time alone in your room and too much chemical heavy junk food can do this to your brain
>>
File: frequencies.png (720 KB, 938x936) Image search: [Google]
frequencies.png
720 KB, 938x936
>>29791871
>>29791862

I get this mindset, and I'm sorry I'm unable to explain it well enough just through this thread. This is exactly why I'm making the video. Pic related is a sample from it (roughly put together for now) and how consciousness works
>>
>>29791894
Of course a god could exist, that's way beyond our comprehension. I just don't care for religious conceptions of God.
>>
>>29791857
>A grain of sand has something like 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in it. I calculated that it would take 421 billion years to count all these atoms if you spent your entire waking life doing it.
great, another pseudo intelectual creating a dumbass cult that only fools other psuedo intelectuals and actual retards who beleive he is the next einstein for rewording pseudo science into religous bullshit
fuck off, if i have a dollar for every one of you i've seen, i'd have over 50 dollars.
>>
>>29791927
This, fuck this. It's Christianity all again. "Do this or you'll go to hell!!!" Fuck off. I'd rather do what I want.
>>
>it's another "young man thinks he discovered the meaning of life" episode

it's not like it's a mystery or anything

the problem has been solved since a few hundred years now

not to discourage kids from thinking for once but don't pretend they're original thoughts

everyone else has already known about everything waaaay before you were born
>>
>>29791927
Like everyone else on this planet, I'm not perfect. But I'm fully aware of this fact. I'm trying to compact a lot of info for time purposes, so I apologise if I seem like a dick at times.

>Everything is love and light
Good to see you're onto it
>>
>>29791942

show this to a psychology major first, lol.
>>
>>29791986
Well clearly 99% of people don't know it, because everyone continues to suffer without knowing why and doesn't try to improve on themselves.

I'm not claiming to have uniquely discovered it, but I have quite uniquely discovered a way to deliver the message (i.e. the video I'm working on), since it requires a particular method to shift the consciousness to a higher level whereby it can perceive greater concepts.

>>29791969
I respect your free will. I'm not trying to threaten you, but help you.
>>
>>29791932

delusional neckbeards think they are intellectual or something.
>>
If it has to be delivered in a specific way its probably just emotions talking
>>
>>29791372
Continental philosophy: not even once senpai
>>
OP is by far the most egomaniacal person to ever post of this board, Jesus Christ....
>>
>>29791372
>claims to know the meaning of life
>post lacks the words "make hydrogen"
>>
>>29791760
Please do

Original comment
>>
I am interested. Can you at least post the channel on which you are going to post the video and a rough estimate when it's done? Because I don't visit this place every day.
>>
>>29792084
I'm not sure what you mean by this post, but I will say that emotions are one of the biggest keys to all of this.

They aren't just feelings or chemicals. They accompany an increase or decrease in your understanding of reality. See >>29791942. They literally change your entire existence in the moment. This is why your current mood at any given moment appears to you subjectively to be the the brink of how good life can get.
>>
>>29791988
>>Everything is love and light
>Good to see you're onto it

I did not choose to play this game. Even if I did, I don't feel like it now. It seems stupid and condescending, with ulterior motives attached that don't feel beneficial to me. I don't like the idea of being placed on a one track path to a specific goal someone else dictated, with a vague "or else" attached to it.

You keep your path. I'll walk away and walk my own.
>>
File: shotgun.jpg (422 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
422 KB, 900x1200
>>29791988
>everything is love and light
>>
>>29792033

>I respect your free will
>it's all perfectly structured

Free will cannot coexist with divine preordination. Your argument is falling apart.
>>
File: 1464802329006.jpg (136 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1464802329006.jpg
136 KB, 480x608
>>29792111
How? I'm not claiming superiority. I'm just trying to help people with the wisdom I have.

>>29792131
Well, if you're in such an analytical mindset and tell yourself feelings (like love, happiness, anger, etc) are "just chemicals", do you tell yourself the same thing as you feel love towards those close to you? Or when you attentively look up at the stars and *feel* a level of awe (which is actually the feeling of love for the experience)? Or is it that love is known intuitively as undeniable, unquestionable greatness above all logic and thought? Why would you falsely tell yourself that you only believe the validity of these strictly so-called chemicals in the moment of analysing them? Knowledge and sentimental feelings arise from the very same thing: chemicals, that deep down are made of pure love. Pic related.

>>29792145
Drop your email and I'll absolutely email you a link when it's finished. It might take a few months to finish though, I'm hoping to work CGI into it.
>>
>>29792182
Yeh. But it doesn't mean everything is of the same intensity of love/light. That image you posted (you sick fuck) is an example of very low levels of love/light.
>>
>>29792252
What's the matter? You won't even share your YT account? I thought you wanted to share the video with us anyway. Also I hope you don't really expect me to either give you my real mail on this board or create a new mail account just for this purpose which I am going to check regularly.
>>
>>29792292
Right now I only have a personal YT account. I'll probably be making a new one for the video. You could just make a new email and put email notifications on, so you'll get it as soon as I send it. Your choice, my man.
>>
>>29792169
I thought this way when I was a child
I think it's a far more innate mindset than OP's, which can only be forced upon you after repeated, unsolicited and unwarranted traumas

If it weren't for reality's innate sadism, you wouldn't need to put all of your hope and faith into a vague conception of "love" and your own smallness, because everything would already be okay to begin with, which is ironically what people like OP claim to be true despite the fact that it experientially is not. You wouldn't need to be saved by converting to a certain way of thinking because there would be nothing to be saved from.

You would actually feel real love, and genuinely mean it, instead of forcing yourself to love something you actually hate because you're afraid of what will happen if you don't.
>>
>>29791372

the musings of someone with narcissistic personality disorder, gents

begone to /x/ with you now OP
>>
OP's thread would've been over in one post if he'd explained what the fuck he was actually talking about instead of being deliberately vague and mysterious about what exactly it is he knows.

"It's 2deep4u to understand, you must wait for my video in a few months time"

Fuck off OP, you're not gonna get a cult started with your stoner bullshit.
>>
>>29792380

I'm just a simple guy who wants to spiritually become an immortal people eating abomination.

If I'm weak, I'll become stronger.

If I'm small, I'll become big.

I'll run if I can't win a fight.

I'll have my kingdom and become the thing I want to become.

Feel free to convert to the way of thinking that you like, and good luck on your journey. Maybe eons later we will cross paths once more as completely different beings, and will look at each other through alien eyes.
>>
>>29792169
>>29792380

As I said
>It was a big sacrifice for parts of "him" (godliness) to forget a lot of himself in the process, but one that is ultimately worth it. However, we don't realise this yet because we're literally at the very beginning of this immense "game".
>We have no choice because we're a part of the very thing that created it, but we made ourselves forget this to make it all the more incredible. We think we don't want to be here, but if we knew the reality of the situation, we actually chose to be here (but forgot this fact).

You don't realise it right now, but you can. It took me 24 years to begin to properly realise it. Most people go their whole lives without realising it. Unfortunately they will be reincarnated back to this very planet (or one very similar to it) after death. And it's a never-ending cycle, because it's made for us. We made it for ourselves. You need to start to connect the dots and listen to your intuition and you'll start to remember.

>everything would already be okay to begin with
And is it, for you?

>You would actually feel real love, and genuinely mean it, instead of forcing yourself to love something you actually hate because you're afraid of what will happen if you don't.

Love permeates everything. The problem is that we've built up barriers against it by developing our ego's. As you deconstruct it, you start to feel it again, more and more, stronger and stronger.
>>
File: ZeusTheOwl2.jpg (154 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
ZeusTheOwl2.jpg
154 KB, 625x417
>>29791372
You sound like a middle-aged man in a mid-life crisis who thinks he explored a good portion of philosophy. And based on >>29791942 I can already tell what your video will be about and it's nothing to be proud of. It only makes you look like an "enlightened" hippie who's not all there in his head.

That being said, you overestimate the power of the human brain. We spend half of our lives marveling at how "beautiful" that kind of picture is, but it looks nothing like that up close and it was not made with the purpose of being beautiful. Even the idea of finding something beautiful is animalistic in a way, far from transcendental. Same goes with love; it's not beyond explanation, it isn't metaphysical and it is certainly not beyond humans.

Your purpose in life is not to talk nonsense on a vietnamese macrame chatroom. The meaning of life is to live and to die, nothing more nothing less. Ultimately, living and dying is the only thing everyone has in common, everything else is subjective, and the OP is a very special kind of overthinking.

Pic related: OP could stare at this owl's eyes and think he found the meaning of life

>>29792416
>>29792380
>>29792475
THESE

sage goes in all fields
>>
>>29791689

>>29791448

Read the other post I linked above. This is clearly a suicidal narcissistically disordered person experiencing ego protection by trying to convince itself that it has access to some grandiose information that the rest of us can't know.

This is the brain trying to convince itself it's valuable and special as a means of protecting itself from the self-detriment/death that would occur if OP wasn't deluding himself out of feeling as unimportant as he does in reality.

tl;dr

>OP feels so insignificant that he wants to kill himself
>his brain causes him to "hallucinate" the idea that he's special and that life is important so he won't kill himself
>this is a primitive defence mechanism
>>
>>29791372
meaning of life is to fuck your mom
you failed it though because youre a fucking faggot

nobody would watch 30 minute autistic footage
>>
Hmmmmmmm

I find it hard to believe there is a "meaning of life" because a meaning is a thought. How can you be sure that the "meaning of life" is the actual meaning of life and not just a thought. What is the difference between a thought and reality.

I feel that anything fixed, like a thought or a set of thoughts usuallu become meaningless after you have thought about it for a while. It is not thought that creates reality but reality creates thought.

Nonetheless i wish you luck in your quest and i hope you find what you are looking for :)
>>
>>29791372
You sound like a complete kook. Please get help.
>>
>>29792286
I could reply by saying that everything is made of despair, and the pic I posted is mad of "higher intensities" of despair than most things, and that hope is just "the absence of despair" and therefore nonexistent (as you would inevitably claim that hatred is "the absence of love" and therefore nonexistent). I could say that everything is made of rocks, but my pic is made of "lower intensities of rock" than, say, a mountain, and that non-rock is just the "absence of rock" and therefore nonexistent.

You can't just pick and choose what exists and what doesn't.

Also I'm not a sick fuck. That was a man who was tormented by life and if he were still alive you'd probably turn around and peddle your gay little self-assured religion to him, and blame everything that happened to him on him because "he didn't love enough". You would belittle all of his struggles while you jack yourself off over your non-knowledge.
>>
>>29792559
Thanks for the constructive post.

I understand what you're saying; however, there is one thing that we know without shadow of a doubt, and that is feelings. Look at my post here >>29792252. Love/happiness is great by definition of the intuition. That means you can't reason with it, and it is also "meaning", by definition. Incidentally, it's also the fundamental fabric of all existence.
>>
>>29791857

since OP is self-absorbed and in a heavy state of delusion and denial he doesn't realize what his posts are revealing about himself

here we see how much OP hates living

>One of these expressions is the one we're currently experiencing on earth whereby everything seems fucking awful

OP's view of the existing is that everything is fucking awful (he assumes that everyone feels the way he does because narcissists see people as an extension of themselves)

OP is trying to find meaning in life and convincing himself that he's found that meaning allows him to feel powerful and safe as opposed to terrified and vulnerable (which he feels in his non-deluded state)
>>
>>29792581
Except, despair (alongside any other negative feeling) is a lacking of something, since you want something greater than it. If you have an empty glass when you want a glass of juice, the empty glass isn't the essence of wanting juice. Despair is the essence of lacking happiness and not being happy with the situation.
>>
>>29792622
I was exaggerating, but robots can relate to it. If you're unfulfilled for a significant amount of your life (and most are, from what I've seen), then by definition things are "pretty fucking awful".

I know feelings are subjective.
>>
>>29792689
That's psychology and nothing more

>reality is defined by human desire
>reality is defined by the duality of man
>love is the fabric of the universe because humans want it

go study physics and string theory instead of pretending you have anything of value to say (you don't)
>>
>>29791372
>Ask a guy who independently discovered the meaning of life anything
>life
>meaning
wew lad
>>
>>29792749
Instead of throwing psychology and "complex physics" at me, see >>29792252.

Feelings > all senses and all logic
>>
>>29791689
>but we made ourselves forget this to make it all the more incredible
But some how you remember right?
Hmmmm...?
>>
A U T I S M M I L I T A R Y G R A D E
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>29792740

You will review your failed attempt at a video in some time - maybe a week or maybe a month - and you will feel deep shame around how trite and pretentious this idea is. You will know that you are not close to god and that you know nothing more than the average chimp about godliness. You will remember the emptiness you felt all along. You will be embarrassed by how out of touch you've become with reality. This has happened to you before. It will happen to you again. You will remember my post sorely. You will feel it churning sickly in your stomach. You will know again that you are a sham and that you have always been a sham.
>>
>>29792830
No, but I'm starting to remember.
>>
>>29792614
Ok sure, thats interesting. But dont you find that also feelings are conflicted? I mean at one point you have one feeling but then it turns into something else. I am looking for soemthing absolute that doesnt change from moment to moment. Are you saying feelings are just that?
>>
>>29792879
Yes, and I'm an elephant trapped in a human body.
Or am I a lion. I forget sometimes.
>>
>>29792689
>If you have an empty glass when you want a glass of juice, the empty glass isn't the essence of wanting juice
If you have a full glass of juice when you want a glass of juice, the glass of juice isn't the essence of being satiated.

In both cases the feeling exists independently from the physical object, it's more descriptive of the relationship between you and the object than of what either is "made of"

Of course, if you're egocentric enough, you can always manage to view things as being "made of" only what is relevant to you.
>>
>this is another schizophrenia thread episode
>>
File: 146761043788.jpg (15 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
146761043788.jpg
15 KB, 256x256
>>29791689
>I know the answer to the biggest question ever
>I don't have all the answers...
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>29792740
>I know feelings are subjective.

Clearly you don't, because everything you've said equates to how you *feel* life should be about, and you still take it as a revelation that will allow you to rise beyond some cycle of reincarnation that humans are stuck in. When humanity is extinct, do you think it will be because everyone was enlightened? No, it'll be because of hunger, economic/environmental catastrophes, global epidemics coupled with large-scale conflicts, or whatever else

>>29792790
That's not even remotely logical. Love is not metaphysical, or beyond chemicals. Only because you don't understand love, or you think your reptilian brain is not limited in any way, doesn't make something true. Everyone's been telling you this: this thought you have doesn't define reality, reality creates thought, and your thoughts are retarded

In the days before human civilization, people like you were referred to as "that one guy who spent too much time in the sun". That still holds true.
>>
Ok once and for all:

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE OP?
>>
>>29792920

nope, narcissistic personality disorder

look how he needs to feel grandiose/special yet has no information to back this up

look how this delusion is linked to ego
>>
>>29792905
Until you reach a high enough level of love/awareness, your feelings will always fluctuate (mine still do, I'm nowhere near to the level of speak of yet). However, there is only really one thing that fluctuates your feelings: your ego. The only thing that ever worsens your feelings is your ego. If you're ever unhappy, it's your ego. Ignoring your intuition (e.g. sleep when you're tired, eat when you're hungry, drink when you're thirsty) is done only through the ego, believing that you can obtain greater happiness through other means.

The ultimate goal is to remove the ego by slowly dismantling your neurotic beliefs.
>>
>>29792998
It's obviously schizotypal personality disorder, you fucking scrub.
>>
>>29793001
Nothing you're saying hasn't been said already by many people who came before you.

But ok, how do I get a higher level of love/awareness and how do I remove my ego?
>>
File: 1455947829803.gif (206 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1455947829803.gif
206 KB, 500x281
I have a better question for you OP and im sure you've been asked this a million times: does free will exist?
Since we essentially are nothing more than a biological computer dependant on physicsl systems that obey causal laws I think we don't, even if some weird shit like quantum mechanics that could give hope to the idea of a non deterministic reality appears completely haphazardous to us it doesn't mean it is. We hitting a wall with our shit tech in the grand scheme of things sounds more plausible.
>>
>meaning of life
Pleasure

Next
>>
>>29793020

Hi OP.

You're a fucking idiot. None of this exhibits "strange behaviours" that are separate from obvious ego protection

Narcissists ironically often try to portray themselves as if they're on the schizophrenic spectrum because it makes them seem "Interesting", "unique", "different", "special", and "smart" due to the media's fetishistic portrayal of schizophrenia

The reality of schizophrenia is smearing your feces on the wall because you think you're feeding your brother chocolate pudding. It isn't glamorous
>>
>>29792947
Feelings are the greatest knowledge beyond any logic.

>Love is not metaphysical, or beyond chemicals
>That's not even remotely logical
See what you did? You lowered your awareness to use logic rather than feelings in order to understand feelings, which operate 100% outside of logic despite whatever you think the catalyst might be and what you think science can "prove".

Happiness/love/greatness are all the same thing. You were born knowing what happiness is before you even knew how to talk. Because it feels great and greater than anything else, you know it to be great beyond any reasoning. Can you reason to me that happiness doesn't innately feel great without removing it's essence? If you were really happy right now, you wouldn't be saying the things you are. You've forgotten what it feels like, friend.

>>29792973
Love, through means of increasing awareness.
>>
>>29793001
Yeah if I brutally tortured you, any pain you would feel would just be your ego. Just shut it out and pretend you don't exist, makes it so much easier. Then, when something good happens, bring your ego back online but pretend it's not your ego that's feeling good and "harmonious" because only bad things happen to egos and egos are spooky demons that need to be eliminated and nothing more.

Of course your ego is the only thing that worsens your feelings, egos are the only things that feel.

You know the best way to kill your ego? Killing yourself. Not even suggesting that you should, but the best way to stop thinking that you exist is to not exist.

Love is great anon, but love can only felt by something that is self-aware (an ego).
>>
>>29791372
bravo to you, op. youve realized that people are so gullbile that utter dogshit like "the secret" and eckart tolle books are major cash cows. you want to cash in with some bullshit of your own. why not? it beats wageslaving right?
>>
File: 1394589779941.png (194 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1394589779941.png
194 KB, 500x375
>>29793154
>Love
You sound like my aunt, she's not a smart lady by any means and we're afraid of her being prey of religious cults all the time.
>>
The meaning of life is to live and to die. That's it.

OP, nothing you do and nothing you say will ever be special, significant and especially not eternal in the grand scheme of things. In the scale of the universe, you are the equivalent of one little bacterium among billions living on a little ball of soil (the Earth), and the universe in comparison, is still trillions of times larger than this ball of soil. That's how unimportant you are.

One day you'll be dead and that'll be the end. But ultimately, the only thing you truly have in common with other bacteria is that you live and you die. And that's all the value you have, that's the only meaning you have. There is no transcending, no becoming a cloud of pure love, living among the stars after your neurons shut down. That's nothing more than wishful thinking. You are your neurons.
>>
This is just propaganda to distract people from the fact that the world is actually flat.
>>
File: 1467835143896.png (139 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1467835143896.png
139 KB, 424x470
>>29791372

This is either b8, or you're legitimately this stupid and full of yourself. You sound like a sixteen year old autist who thinks he's deep and mysterious, but actually just spouting crap.

Let me guess, you're a fan of that Spirit Science degenerate, or some other New Age pseudoscience. Le sacred geometry meme.
>>
File: normies.jpg (55 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
normies.jpg
55 KB, 375x500
>>29793109
>he feel for the hedonism meme
>>
>>29793049
>how do I get a higher level of love/awareness and how do I remove my ego?

It starts with intuition. Every day, you're being sent messages from your body that you ignore or delay on responding to. Start "obeying" them quickly and fully before any of your other "needs" (beyond helping others) and things will get a lot better and then life will start to make more sense. As you feel a bit happier you'll want to start dismantling your ego.
>>
>>29793242
No it's made of love fuck off schizo
>>
File: lol.jpg (19 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
19 KB, 620x413
>>29793154
>You were born knowing what happiness is before you even knew how to talk.

your feelings told you that right?

Happiness and intelligence are not mutually exclusive like you're suggesting, I'm afraid. But for you, they might be
>>
File: 1467079064194.jpg (19 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
1467079064194.jpg
19 KB, 480x336
>>29792526

Exactly this. Couldn't have put it better myself. You've earned this (You), anon.
>>
>>29793175
That's all the ego is good for, survival. That's the only justifiable time to use your ego. I never said it's entirely useless.
>>
>>29793293

*narcissistically personality disordered individual
>>
>>29793154
>Love, through means of increasing awareness.

What in the fuck does that even MEAN?
>>
>>29793175
Watch him reply with complete nonsense that he'll validate by saying his "feelings told him, and feelings are the greatest knowledge beyond all logic and reason"
>>
File: ZeusTheOwl.jpg (120 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
ZeusTheOwl.jpg
120 KB, 600x463
>>29793322
Zeus the owl thanks you
>>
>>29793315
>your feelings told you that right?
Well, I can say I know it through logic, which is never 100% reliable. So in reality, I think I know it, but what I know without doubt is that feelings hold higher ground than logic when it comes to meaning.
>>
>>29793001
Lets say you have an ego. Then you have another part of yourself which observes the ego, the observer. But is the ego different from the observer? Is the observer different from the observed? Or you are only looking at yourself?
>>
File: IMG_20160629_221446.jpg (428 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_221446.jpg
428 KB, 1080x1350
>>29793279
What's so funny anon-kun?
Our every action made have only one point: get pleasure. Every time you eat, fuck, kiss, hug, drink, sleep, hang out with someone (etc) your brain gives you a "cookie" for being a good dog. But by doing the same thing (like fucking) for a long time, your brain reduces the amount of "cookies" it gives you, because it wants you to switch and doing other "good" stuff.
>>
>>29793347
As you increase your awareness a bit by doing >>29793288, both your happiness and awareness will increase and your life will radically transform in all areas, as long as you stick to it. Happiness is love; they're the same thing.
>>
>>29793347
Not OP but I think that ideally it means understanding something well enough that you can love it despite its initial presentation

Like, say you meet someone who fits every stereotype you hate. A black, jewish, SJW homosexual, trans-species, turbo-gender neutral equivalent of chad. At first you might really hate him, but the idea is that (hopefully) if you got to know him better you would find something you could accept him for despite his flaws. Like maybe you both have the same interests or something.

The problem with this idea is that it isn't a certainty. It rests on the assumption that once you understand everything completely (which we truly never really do), the only conclusion you'll be able to reach is that you also actually love everything now that you understand everything. This just hasn't been proven to be correct yet.
>>
>>29793387
>feelings hold higher ground than logic when it comes to meaning.

So the idea that "you know what happiness is from the moment you're born", you said it because it gives you meaning? You want to define or describe reality in accordance to what fits YOUR personal feelings or vision? Are you a solipsist?

I'm starting to think you are a solipsist. If you are, it explains the whole thread
>>
File: 1467861100921.jpg (62 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1467861100921.jpg
62 KB, 780x780
>>29793387

>feelings hold higher ground than logic when it comes to meaning

Depending on what context you're using "meaning" in, this could very well be true.

But feelings don't have much significance when you're trying to make objective statements about reality.

Good on you for bothering to think, anon, but the narcissistic, pseudoscientific, and overall irrational way you're going about it suggests you need a whole lot more experience (and a whole lot more research).
>>
>>29793411
In truth, you don't "have" an ego. You're an observer of an ego that formed through the free will of yourself and all those you've ever interacted with. Ultimately, you are subjective awareness of varying levels of love (your feelings), alongside the illusory nature of the senses.
>>
>>29793351

narcissists believe that they are omniscient (all-knowing) therefore if they happen to feel that something is true then it must be real and they must have the authority to inform others of this special truth they just acquired because HOW COULD AN ALL-KNOWING NARCISSIST'S GENIUS LOGICAL LEAPS AND EGOISTIC JUSTIFICATIONS BASED ON INTUITIVE SENSES NOT BE WIDELY ACCEPTED BY THE PUBLIC, AMIRITE GUYS?
>>
File: 1465742919158.jpg (54 KB, 402x326) Image search: [Google]
1465742919158.jpg
54 KB, 402x326
>>29793412
>what is fasting
>what is self-sacrifice
>what is the deprivation of pleasure for higher meaning
remember to stay cucked by your feels, dog
>>
File: 1467344110767.png (22 KB, 804x743) Image search: [Google]
1467344110767.png
22 KB, 804x743
>>29793433

>Happiness is love

Bullshit. Go to some new age hippy bullshit board where they'll take your bullshit seriously, you self absorbed bullshitter.

Most of us may be autistic, but even we're not this gullible
>>
>>29793461
Happiness/love is universal greatness because it is the foundation of all reality. If you've found something greater than it to prove me wrong, do let me know.
>>
>>29793474

FEELING=LOGIC is classic narcissism

"I feel it therefore it must be truth!" says the all-knowing narcissist
>>
>>29791372
I agree with you OP. Brave (or foolish) of you to post something like this on 4chan though.

Could you point any ideologies that helped you begin this journey? I'm guessing Hinduism, etc
>>
>>29791689
If this is true, isn't it partially flawed because of your knowledge of it? It seems that if this godlike entity split itself into all existing life, and made that life unaware of it's previous existence, that you simply knowing about it would be impossible.

Your point is interesting though. As the only matter that we know of that is able to imagine the existence of itself and other matter, and interact with it on a much more complex basis than is typical in our universe, we do possess a sort of godliness about ourselves, do we not?
>>
>>29793288
Be more specific about these "messages", give me some examples.
>>
>>29793515
Belittling others in order to prove your superiority to them is also classic narcissism

Shitposting on 4chan when there are better things to do is classic autism, because of your obsessive fascination with restricted interests to the detriment of participating in more socially-approved activities and responsibilities

Getting angry and typing in all caps is classic bipolar, I'm guessing you're going through a manic phase?

You have major depression because you're on /r9k/ and everyone on /r9k/ is depressed.
>>
>>29793510
Let me explain something to you. Here's how our conversation might go:

>[you go on a rollercoaster ride]

Me: Did you enjoy the ride?
>you: yes

Me: Why?
>you: it was an awesome rush

Me: Why was it awesome?
>you: it felt good

Me: What felt good? You, or the ride?
>you: me

Me: What was it?
>you: happiness

Me: Did you love that feeling?
>you: yes

Me: Why?
>you: it just felt good, i can't describe it

Therefore, happiness and fear (the opposite) are varying levels of love. Happiness is high levels of love for a thing or a person.
>>
>>29793549
It's the little tiny tiny voice, so quiet you probably can't hear at this point, saying "go outside"
>>
>>29793612
Being around things that you love might make you happy, but I wouldn't say that love and happiness are the exact same thing.

Like, if you love something, but you can't have it, or be around it, then you might be unhappy because you are distanced from whatever it is that you love. You feel both love and unhappiness at the same time.
>>
>>29791372
>Ask a guy who independently discovered the meaning of life anything.
You mean you read it in some esoteric new age women's magazine somewhere?
>>
>>29793514
Yeah, you're a solipsist. Happiness is observed in humans, not in stars, not in atoms, not even in the air you breathe.

The universe doesn't exist to impress us; we exist to be part of the universe. We live and we die. That is the meaning of life. There is no revelation to be had, the meaning of your life is whatever you decide it is, but the meaning of life as a whole is to live and to die, nothing more
>>
I see you can all debate pretty well,even if what you are saying is bs. What a wasted life you guys have.
>>
>>29791689
I've thought about this before. It's kinda far-fetched.

And stop acting like you're some hero to human race, it's really not that original.
>>
>>29791372
I bet that you are so delusional that you go out to get junk food after posting all this shit. Have you not any self respect?
>>
>>29793689
Plants would not grow if not for stars. Life would not begin without stars.
>>
>>29793537
Thanks.

Physically suffering greatly lead me to look for cures when the establishment failed me. So I turned to books, started to open my mind, turned to natural remedies, and then to intuition. But I read a lot of very varied interesting things along the journey too. But basically, suffering lead to it.

>>29793540
We're supposed to remember it at a certain stage. This is our next level of spiritual evolution. Possibly something like 99% of life and levels of existence we don't know about includes being aware of this stuff, but as I said we're just starting out on this journey; we're babies.

>As the only matter that we know of that is able to imagine the existence of itself and other matter, and interact with it on a much more complex basis than is typical in our universe, we do possess a sort of godliness about ourselves, do we not?
Correct. We're have significantly greater levels of godliness than all other creatures on earth, however, everything we know and experience right now pales in comparison to what's really out there. But that certainly doesn't make us less important just because we're at this stage.

>>29793549
The messages your body sends you. "Gut feelings", eating as soon as you're hungry, drinking as soon as you're thirsty, speaking your true mind without the bullshit attached, helping someone as soon as you feel the strong urge in your heart to do so, and doing it beyond any analysis (unless it puts your life in danger).
>>
>>29793485
You are the observer of an ego ok. But what is the difference between the observer and that which you call an ego. When you are observing who is it that is observing and what is it that is being observed? See what im getting at? Its very simple ..
>>
>>29793767
>The messages your body sends you. "Gut feelings", eating as soon as you're hungry, drinking as soon as you're thirsty, speaking your true mind without the bullshit attached, helping someone as soon as you feel the strong urge in your heart to do so, and doing it beyond any analysis (unless it puts your life in danger).

Even if my "messages" tell me to sit on my ass all day?
>>
>>29793767
Any specific books you'd recommend?
>>
>>29793724
>mfw i'm on an almost entirely natural diet based on 3 years of nutritional research

>>29793689
Like stars, we're made of atoms. The entire universe is alive, but you can only perceive your own subjective perception of it.
>>
>>29793738
Happiness is mostly observed in sentient species, exclusively observed in living things. Carl Sagan said we're "made of star stuff". If we are, it means that by your logic the meaning of life is hydrogen, because it indirectly allowed an evolutionary domino effect to take place on planet Earth, leading to this complex system of neurons we call a " human brain", which makes happiness and love possible
>>
Hey OP, I know what you're talking about.

I can definitely tap in to the feeling of love all around me but I have trouble sustaining it while interacting with other people.

Do you know where to go from here? Most of the stuff I've found online is crap.
>>
>>29791689
Did you really independently work this out? Because this is exactly what Alan Watts said in the 1960s, and he got most of it from Hinduism
>>
>>29793767
>This is our next level of spiritual evolution
If you are so evolved,why do you still need these archaic methods of communication,why do you keep buying food at the mall?
Why does every first worlder has to act like a special snowflake every single time we go on with this topic of "life experiences". Don't you have anything better to do with the borrowed time you got from the opressed 90% of the population? Why do you think your opinion is more valuable than people who spent their life thinking AND ACTING for the greater good of humanity? Why do you think your opinion is valuable at all,since your post lacks both good prose and substance?
>>
>>29793767
>suffering lead to it.

Yeah no shit. Because the after-life, spirituality, reincarnation and the general idea of "transcendence" that is found in many religions and schools of beliefs, can only be interpreted as wishful thinking to cope with suffering or an existential dread creeping at the back of your mind. That's what you're doing
>>
>>29793838
Now you're getting somewhere. Now consider this:

Why can't stars, with their trillions times more energy than a human being, feel happiness or love?
>yea man a sun that's lived for billions of years constantly spewing glorious light through the universe must HATE its own existence, 666 hail satain blaze it 420 i'm gonna play video games now
>>
>>29793790
I totally get this viewpoint, but it's not the right way to go about it. The correct question to ask is, "why are questions being asked to me (my awareness)?", and then you will realise that you are more than the questions being asked towards. The questions are a lacking of pure happiness. If you obtain this, you will realise that in that moment there is no need to ask who are you, because you will know it by the way you feel. You be encased in love and will feel connected to the universe.

>>29793816
That's your ego telling you to do that, not your intuition. Despite how hard things might be, ultimately you're responsible for getting yourself out of it by obeying your intuition.

>>29793817
"Ami: child of the stars", "the law of one" and any relating to these two.
>>
>>29793822
>mfw i'm on an almost entirely natural diet based on 3 years of nutritional research

>3 years to get a diet right
Wew,I suppose your realization about the meaning of life took you 10 years and a lack of high school diploma then, what's next, Sacrificing losing your virginity to learn how the banking system works?
>>
>>29793842
Good to hear. Sure. From notes I made that will be in my video:

>It is extremely difficult to remember a significant state of happiness when you are in a state of fear. Attempting to do so is similar to imagining being awake when you're in a vivid dream: it seems incomprehensible, as though the experience of reality in that moment is all that exists. The leap between fear and significant levels of love is too steep for consciousness to reach it, it must be done gradually. This is because fear is a lower frequency which resides around the immediate desperation for change - that being, a movement closer towards love. It is a state of lacking; and significant levels of love are not obtainable by any means of force or desire. You cannot love a person by trying to do so unless that process involves breaking down barriers towards love. Otherwise, it would be like grabbing a handful of sand in desperation to hold it, only for it to fall between your fingers. Love happens only through the removal of and absence of barriers towards itself (i.e. the ego).

See the stuff I posted about intuition and ego ITT.

>>29793852
I've not listened to much philosophy from people like him (most of it I can't even remember). Most my wisdom has arisen from myself that was driven by a few articles and books that inspired me
>>
>>29793822
>The entire universe is alive, but you can only perceive your own subjective perception of it.

So you think because we're made of atoms, like everything else, everything else is alive? Going by your logic, it's more likely that we are stationary rocks. Because most of the earth is made of rock and rock are made of atoms just like we are. Or maybe we're all made of water, since H2O is part hydrogen, the most common element in the universe.

See how retarded you sound? Atoms are not inherently organic, therefore they don't have anything to do with "being alive"
>>
>>29793898
I mean actual physical pain. I've gone through a few diseases and other debilitating things
>>
>>29794014
>hydrogen atoms are not inherently organic
Says who, m8
>>
>>29791689
Isn't this almost exactly the same thing as The Egg written by Andy Weir.
>>
>>29794014
Rocks, stars and planets are alive. Just on a level that you can't imagine.

Going by your logic, at some point when you stack up "meaningless", "dead" atoms together, metaphysical existence suddenly arises through entirely inexplicable magic.
>>
>>29791689
Isn't this straight from The Egg by Andy Weir.
>>
>>29794069
I don't know, it's a conclusion I've largely come to on my own. Go figure.
>>
>>29791689
I used to believe what you're saying. I used to say we are collectively God and God simply means progress. I used to think that if only we could utilize all the technologies to do away with a corrupt monetary system then we could progress as a species. I now feel despair, we are stunted and have little hope of recovery in my eyes. I know that this is just part of the progress of humanity, but I now realize as an individual I might as well be dead.
>>
>>29793918
Because atoms are the foundation of all things, including life and all that is not life (ie the fucking sun)

Atoms allow complex systems such as the brain to be created and feel happiness, they are not inherently organic. Atoms make molecules which make organic compounds, then you move up the scale until you get an organism. I shouldn't have to tell you this if you're older than six years old
>>
>>29794134
Give it a read. It's a really short, you can find it online if you just search The Egg Andy Weir.
>>
>>29791372
>when /x/ starts leaking onto other boards
>>
>>29793887
Being spiritually evolved doesn't necessarily stop you from being human. Also: >>29791497
>>
>>29794068
anyone who knows what they're talking about.

You can talk bullshit about your "feelings" being greater than all knowledge or logic, but remember that feelings didn't bring you the computer you're using right now
>>
>>29794168
>all that is not life (ie the fucking sun)
You seem pretty sure about this. Maybe it's time you reevaluated everything you once knew?
>>
>>29794169
Thanks, I shall do.

>>29794164
For fixing humanity, it's not about technology, it's about looking within and inspiring others to do so, because that's where the answers live. Take my intuition advice ITT, you will begin to see, and you will not want to be dead when you start feeling great levels of happiness and realising how amazingly unbelievable it is.
>>
>>29794173
lel i thought the same thing

i check out /x/ every few weeks hoping to find a decent creepy thread but it''s never anything more than RP threads
>>
File: Conch_out_side_of_shelll.jpg (62 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
Conch_out_side_of_shelll.jpg
62 KB, 500x398
>>29794168
>atoms are the foundation of all things
Sounds like god

>mfw god is "inanimate objectivity" as we humans know it
>>
>>29793999
Thanks, I've experienced "killing" the ego before but "I" have trouble getting back to that state.

Logically I know how I did it but I can't seem to replicate it. It was legit though like laughing at hockey players on TV because they were all so invested in their characters.
>>
OP here. I'm done answering questions for today and I need a bath. If anyone wants the video in a few months, drop your email and I'll link you.

Keep looking for deeper purpose, but primarily inside yourself, not outside. All the answers are inside.
>>
>>29794118
>Rocks, stars and planets are alive. Just on a level that you can't imagine.

That's cute. The more likely explanation is that you don't have the brainpower to understand things beyond your animalistic impressions of a greater truth being hidden out there, sheltering yourself from science. Science isn't an end all thing right now, but with time humans are only getting better at observing and understanding the universe, while you're here clinging to some false notion of grandiose spiritual knowledge

Lol don't try to turn this around, your logic is that a human emotion is the fabric of the universe. The burden of proof is on you here, since you're the one making the claims that go against logic, evidence and all that can be observed. Oh wait, the only proof you have are your feelings, nevermind
>>
>>29793570

except none of this holds a modicum of truth lol

you seem mad OP
>>
>>29794301
Stay depressed angry and fearful homie
>>29794307
That's not OP
>>
>>29794210
maybe it's time you stepped out of the psych ward and actually read a book.

Take a page from Socrates' book as well: "I only know that I know nothing"

That's right we don't know shit. We can only get so close to what we perceive as "the truth", and the best way to do it is not with hard drugs, but with observation
>>
>>29793927
Who is asking you questions? They ask you questions in school for example, because thats the way we live.
>>
>>29792498
>You need to start to connect the dots

Could you describe these dots to us, "Pr OP het"?
>>
>>29794330

sure does smell like the rage of a narcissist like OP
>>
>>29794338
You're the one claiming that the Sun, the one thing sustaining all life on earth, is not alive on some unknown level.
>>
>>29794364
>being happy is narcissistic
>being happy negatively affects the world
/r9k/ actually thinks this
>>
>>29794307
That went way over your head
>>
>>29794370
Everything that we as humans, can possibly observe or determine right now, suggests that the sun is not a big goofy smiley face made of hydrogen, yes.

We can't know for absolute certain that it's not alive sine we barely even know how the universe started, but we have no definite reason to believe it either. The more likely explanation is the former, and that's what I'm going by, for the sake of reason
>>
>>29794464
see>>29794448
The consciousness of the sun is "over your head" ;)
Don't worry, you're only human like the rest of us.
>>
>>29794464
what if it's secretly in complete agony but it can't show it because it has no face?

that would suck

all of its other starbros are too far away to comfort it
>>
>>29794524
More like the only way it'll ever see the light of other starbros is by shutting off it's own light, but it's alpha as fuck and won't do that for another 5 million years.
>>
Ok, last one.

>>29794347
What I meant was why are "you" (your ego) asking yourself (your awareness) questions? It signifies that the ego needs something that it believes the awareness has the answer to. It means the questions only arise because you are lacking. And you're only lacking because you're not happy. And the reason for that is because you obey your ego's analysis at the expense of ignore your intuition, believing the ego knows better, when the opposite is the truth.

Therefore the reason for the question even arising is that you're confused and misguided, looking for direction (with such questions) because you're currently unhappy in your life.
>>
>DUDE, I READ A COUPLE OF BOOKS, I FIGURED IT ALL OUT

Baby's first foray into spirituality: The thread.

Seriously, I'm happy for people who find meaning or at least comfort in their lives through this, but just shut up with this "I know the secret" crap.
>>
>>29793767
I eat when I get hungry, drink when I get thirsty, etc how any of this connects me to a higher being not just Maslow's pyramid?
>>
>>29794619
Nice contribution
>>
>>29794518
No, what's going over your head is the basic function that allows for rational thought.

Before we had science, there must have been at least one tribe somewhere, at some point, who believed the sun was just a ball of light that their god threw over the Earth (which was flat of course) every day. Then someone makes observations indicating that the Earth isn't flat and someone against that will tell them "the flatness of the Earth is over your head, my feelings say so, the universe is great my friend"

that's what you are.
>>
The universe was not designed. What we see is the illusion of design. Take for example the human eye, you may say that it had to be designed,it cant have just happened by chance right? Well ur right, its design through millions of years of evolution, and the universe it nowhere near 'perfect'. Just try to name the places humans can live other than the earth in the universe. The universe has no purpose, you create your own.
>>
>>29791372
Just wanna let you know, I skipped your post because you posted a shitty picture of a galaxy, which makes it look like a clickbait article. I literally can't take your shit seriously with this pic.
>>
>>29794637
>implying we know anything
>"The universe is dead my friend, the universe is shitty, my feelings say so"
>>
>>29794652
How do you know? Do you, personally, remember what happened before all of this?

History might not even be real.
Some weird dude could have invented this whole thing one day, and then stuck you/us/me in it, wiped our memory, and then created the illusion of non-design.

That would be pretty crazy
>>
>>29791689
Bullshit. Absolute shit-tier bullshit. If there is such a thing as a Divine being, it would not want us to suffer like this, and it would not play a stupid fucking game like "Ascend the Cosmic Ladder!" No, imbecile, I've incarnated too many times to believe that crap. We are here, and I think the whole point of being here is to enjoy ourselves. Not to "ascend," because that would just be a big negation of the sacredness of the Now. Game, my ass. Some game. If you get on the side where all the hot-shots are, then it's a game, all right--I'll admit that. But if you get on the other side, where there aren't any hot-shots, then what's a game about it? Nothing. No game.
>>
>>29794720
Thats an interesting idea yes, but this just excuses everything, you can just say you cant prove that because the universe might have just all been made yesterday, dont listen to those things, you just cant prove it wrong or right. Try to think things through logically rather than philosophically.
>>
>>29794708
>implying I implied such implications

clearly you didn't even bother reading >>29794464 and >>29794338
>>
>>29794591
I dont think i ask myself qestions. I ask qestions about the world, and thats not just about me but everyone else also ..
>>
>>29791372
I already know the meaning of life and its maximiztion of utility
>>
Guys, life has no meaning, and thats the truth. You just have to create ur meaning in life.
>>
>>29794791
>only using past scientific discoveries to rationalize your own existence
>when you yourself acknowledge that such discoveries barely scratch the surface of all there is to know
>not giving spiritual ideologies present in Buddhism and Hinduism the benefit of the doubt
>>
>>29794708
>if the universe is not made of love and happiness, it's shitty and dead!

this is what you're implying with this post, and it disgusts me that a human being as shortsighted as you are can exist
>>
>>29791497
You didn't inspire hope in anyone senpai. You sound like a pseud who just tried mushrooms for the first time
>>
>>29794855
>feel happy
>want to stand in the sunlight and the starlight
>feel scared
>hide in the dark
You're right, the universe is made out of fear as well. If you want to follow that path, always waiting on the next scientific discovery to change humanity instead of doing it yourself one step at a time, go ahead and rot in hell.
>>
>>29794844
The thread was about the meaning life, but what we've been talking about is not that, but rather "the fabric of reality" and what is and isn't alive. Science is not about "giving the benefit of the doubt". It's not about doubt, it's about observation and progress and actually getting things done.

It may or may not be true that we've "barely scratched the surface", but there is no reason not to keep going, even if it takes us into a spiritual realm like you're so convinced it would. That's the fundamental idea of the scientific method ; discoveries and information, the opposite of delusion and assumptions
>>
>>29794628
Not straight away. You get distracted by other things and put it off for a bit and you try to mask your intuition rather than face real reality, e.g. painkiller for pain, 4chan to drown in your miseries (guilty), speaking from your mind rather than your heart (strongest intuitive drive), etc. You keep staring at screens when you've got a headache, etc etc. Pain is always message to take immediate action, physical and mental.
>>
>>29794910
>always waiting on the next scientific discovery

I don't need meaning to be happy, unlike you. And I already know I probably won't live long enough to see a scientific breakthrough, and I've accepted it, and I don't care because it wouldn't make me happier either way

>go ahead and rot in hell.

because I disagree with you? because your feelings tell you that I, an anonymous poster on the internet, am a monster deserving of eternal punishment? That is beyond childish, even for you
>>
>>29794634

Just as nice as that one, really.
>>
>>29794917
>Science is not about "giving the benefit of the doubt". It's not about doubt, it's about observation and progress and actually getting things done.
Getting what things done? We found out about orbit, now satellites glue us to our computer screens. That's the only way to go? That's the pinnacle of humanity?

Making the world a better place starts with yourself and helping others help themselves, not inventing a more efficient toaster. That is OP's point I believe.
>>
>>29794731
God loves us so much that he respects our free will, and we use our free will to cause ourselves constant pain and misery. He doesn't like this aspect when taken apart from the grand scheme of how good things are going to eventually be for us (which is the only way most us humans currently understand things), and he knows all the suffering will be worth it in the end. He even loves us so much and is so non-egotistical that he allows us to not believe in him if we wish to.
>>
>>29794987
>>29794987
Love is not meaning. I need love to be happy. Self-love mostly.

What do you need to be happy? Money? lol
>>
>>29795035
You'd rather get eaten by a wolf and die at age 30?

But I'm sure religious persecution based on "feelings" has done so much more for the world.
>>
>>29795035
No what he is saying is that science will always be the truth, and do you know the importance of satalites and computers? Thats not all we achieved, the average smartphone is more powerful than the space control that got us to the moon, that is progress.
>>
>>29795041
God will only be as real as unicorns will ever be.
>>
>>29795078
Religious persecution is based on political power and racism, dummy.
>>29795080
>science will always be the truth
OK but it is about .01% of the truth, surely you can agree.
>>
>>29795035
Because facebook is the only thing humanity has ever done. Forget the breakthroughs in medicine, forget knowing what the sun is made of, I'm going to use that one bad thing to prove my point.

My post was not about "how to make the world a better place", that's a different topic.

Have you even read the second paragraph?
>>
>>29795035
>designing a more efficient toaster
>not helping others help themselves
>>
>>29791942
What a fucking idiot. I sincerely hope this is a joke. This is literally the maturity climb with spiritual pretensions.
>>
>>29795137
>racism
so... feelings?

And I didn't know women, gays, or non-believers were a different race, dummy.
>>
>>29795140
>>29795140
>but there is no reason not to keep going, even if it takes us into a spiritual realm like you're so convinced it would
I didn't respond to this part because you got it wrong. Science will never take us into a spiritual realm. There is no equation that explains everything. What science WILL provide is a chance for the most enlightened to reach the less fortunate via the internet. THat's whats happening now. Unfortunately he posted on 4chan.
>OP says Love is the answer
>gets called autistic and narcissistic
>>
OP is probably the same 16 year old that some time ago made an /x/ tier thread pretending he's a plebeian pleiadian who comes with a message of love from the One and so on and who just dropped his roleplaying after 6 fucking replies and said he was just enlightened because he read the boy in the striped pajamas or something like that.

Lots of people claim to know the meaning of life and try to sell shit and form cults.

So I can only say to you OP: Fuck off
>>
>>29794249
Yeah probably some faggot that thinks the rainbows reveal the pattern the Illuminati used to start 9/11.
>>
>>29795249
>implying a spiritual realm exists.

>There is no equation that explains everything
see "the master theory" or theory of everything
>>
>>29791372
thread tl;dr

>OP does lsd, dmt, shrooms or whatever psych and now thinks that he understands how universe and everything works and you all peasants should learn from him
>>
>>29791689
theory
not
fact
nobody knows anything about the universe and the big questions anymore than anybody else does,
stop talking like its fact.
>>
>>29795137
Not that guy. Science isn't the truth, science is a method that's used to ascertain the truth. It relies on the idea that the effect of a cause is repeatable, so if the cause repeats so too will an identical effect, and that prior knowledge can be used to control an environment tightly enough to figure out which cause is producing which effect.

You're right if and only if we don't live in a deterministic universe or multiverse, where causes and effects are not strictly repeatable.

The other problem with spirituality and science is that we simply do not have the control required to test spiritual concepts. We can't test what happens after death except for vague NDEs which could have all kinds of explanations. We can't test whether or not the universe is ruled by a conscious entity because in order to do so we would need to know the nature of this entity- we would have to know exactly what we're looking for, which would be what we're testing for, which makes the entire endeavor nonsensical.

I really don't think they have to be opposed. Science isn't this evil thing that's out to quash all of the cool things in the world or destroy religion, those are people. Science is just a method.
>>
>>29795477
Oh, and, if causes and effects are not strictly repeatable, then there is no truth at all, so religion and science both go out the window together.
>>
>>29791372
>Ask a guy who independently discovered the meaning of life anything.
Everyone has their own meaning of life you faggot.
You aren't "enlightened", you're not "special". You're just writing a bunch of mystical bull honkey.
and tbqh the meaning of life is to experience everything you can
>>
>>29795137
>OK but it is about .01% of the truth, surely you can agree.

Even if you were aware of the truth of the universe, you still couldn't come up with some bullshit number because you are not an authority on scientific progress and your knowledge of what science is doing and has done is very very basic.

But still, even if that percentage were accurate, it would still be incomprehensibly larger than whatever stupid shit OP has to say

>>29795249
More rhetorical bullshit. And thinking that science is only about math? This shows how painfully uneducated you are

Science is not about math or microscopes: it's about knowledge as a whole, just like philosophy is about wisdom as a whole and not just the question "what is life?"

>science will never take us into a spiritual realm! there's a limit!
>200 years ago: science will never take us to the moon! There's a limit!

But either way, I'm already confident that science will never find a spiritual realm, because there is none until we find actual evidence suggesting otherwise
>>
>>29792252
>he thinks I feel awe when I look up at the stars

Lol nope. Been seeing those things my whole life. Some guy in japan is walking past feudal castles on his daily commute and he doesn't even give a moment's consideration to what tourists froom all over are presently gawking at in amazement. The mind is perpetually unconsoled
>>
>>29796010
this. Boredom is a really sad thing if you think about it this way, really means something about how the human brain works
>>
>>29795056
I mostly need safety/shelter, a clean conscience, peace of mind and the people I love most.
>>
>>29792689
Hello, earth to fucktard, nothing is the status quo in the universe. A vast majority of it is occupied by essentially nothing (certainly not light lol). Entropy is an immutable, absolute condition. Disorder is winning. Disorder must necessarily win. And trying to extend your existence (whether as a human being or some nebulous consciousness) is a fundamentally arrogant, puerile and simple-minded endeavor.
>>
>>29795056
Take your "self-love" to Somalia, see how happy you are.
>>
>>29791372
>I know the meaning of everything
>its so fantastic and anyone can understand it
>but your to dumb to understand it
>>
File: interstellar-05.jpg (173 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-05.jpg
173 KB, 612x380
Does anyone else get the impression OP just fell asleep halfway through this boring assed movie?

>ofw
>>
>>29791857
>99% of people are ignoring signs constantly being sent to us on a day-to-day basis that will guide us towards progressing through this "game".

What are the signs? How do I become more aware of them?
>>
File: tumblr_nxar3mcDRW1uhqudpo1_500.jpg (14 KB, 412x266) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxar3mcDRW1uhqudpo1_500.jpg
14 KB, 412x266
>>29793154
He did it because its the only way to have a tangible discourse. Everyone just thinks you are nuts because the only way conversation, especially an argument can take place is within a framework of logic subordinate to material experience. My position on personal belief is basically wholly congruent to William James' pragmatism, so I am glad you found something that works for you. However there is no reason anyone should take you seriously. Not only because you consider throwing logic out the window to be a prerequisite to understanding but moreover because Alan Watts is much more intelligent, articulate and insightful than you could ever hope to be.
>>
>>29793154
>feelings

Well hey, it clearly working for Swedish politics, so why not apply it to our understanding of the universe as well.
>>
>>29796598
>William James
>Alan Watts

You have good taste in bearded people
>>
>>29791372
What's your YouTube? So I can watch the video
>>
>>29793457
>I'm a higher order species now guys!!!!
>proceeds to spout imputations of racism and homophobia based on preconceptions of who is on the board

You are a tremendous moron
>>
Fuck you and your informations. Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me what's the purpose of everything?
I'm shitting on what you think you know.
>>
>>29793514
Yes its called the second law of thermodynamics
>>
>>29791372

>you're born
>the only truly 100% guaranteed experience is death

The meaning of life is death. You're always moving toward it.
>>
>>29793822
>natural diet based on 3 years of nutritional research
>not based on 3 years of nutritional intuition
>he derives his diet from science and logic rather than instinct and feelings

Dropped
>>
>>29796724
>I'm a higher order species now guys!!!!
Never said that faglord

>proceeds to spout imputations of racism and homophobia based on preconceptions of who is on the board
It was a hypothetical situation. You're getting your panties in a twist over nothing.
>>
>>29794134
yes, its almost like its not a unique or exceptional experience in any way
>>
>>29794253
that is creepy as fuck desu
>>
Send me the video when done OP
>>
I think OP is a narcissistic fool but I am interested if there is a branch of buddhism or something where the universe and consciousness are regarded as generally malignant things but we still owe eachother the debt of taking the edge off through kindness and understanding. I am tired of religion being based on the idea that there is some higher purpose and we are only experiencing a trial that will be worth it in the end. Why can't everything just be ultimately deleterious?
>>
>>29796644
this

nice double dubs btw
>>
>>29791372
Should I eat a burger or a pizza?
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.