[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SJWs will be pleased
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Riri-Williams-is-new-Iron-Man.jpg (303 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
Riri-Williams-is-new-Iron-Man.jpg
303 KB, 900x450
Iron (Wo)Man is a black woman now who needs no man!

Thoughts?
>>
>>29790183
As long as she's a good character o don't care

Of course that's probably not the case
>>
What...

I honestly wouldn't give a shit if iron man was a black man. I could see it fitting.

But a women, just make a new character called iron women...
>>
>>29790183
It's fucking Female Thor all over again.
Make a new character, I don't care, but don't fuck up existing ones
>>
>>29790183
I like it

i hope they keep forcing the SJW shit until the majority gets sick of it
>>
>>29790183
Why do they do this again?
For real now, I don't see them making a male wonderwoman or a male black widow, etc.
Like the guy above me said, make another character if you want, but don't fucking change one to fit your "progressive" agenda.
>>
Any blackbots care to chime in on forced diversity? Does this make you want to read capeshit comics or does it feel patronizing?
>>
Anybody have any good ideas for a black female superhero? One that doesn't sound too forced or farfetch'd?
I'm thinking of a fortune teller/tarot card reader who actually gets future sight or some kind of voodoo magic, or in an ironic twist, gets some ability that is completely opposite of her profession.

Shit, we just need some new iconic super heroes. But I can't think of any power/ability that hasn't been done to death.
>>
Is she going to have a crack addiction as an equivalent to Tony's alcoholism?
>>
>>29790183
Honestly I don't even like or care about Marvel but why can't they create new characters that are PoC instead of changing pre-existent characters?
Even if a character was brown-haired and they changed his hair color to blond I'd find it annoying
It's not because I hate her race or her gender but because it's not nice to have a character changed
>>
>>29790570
This does not make want to read because they constantly overshadowed characters like war machine and Spawn who were black. And it also feels lazy to just flip a well established character instead of writing an entirely new one, or asking the fans for advice.
>>
>>29790183
I thought War Machine was the black one?

Iron Man is red and yellow so the pilot should be Asian or Native American.
>>
>>29790183
Pretty annoying. If you want to cater to everyone make a whole new character and story. Changing an old one will just make fans resent it and this new character won't last, whoever it might be. Pretty regressive if you ask me and I'm black.
>>
File: CAPTAIN AMERICA HYDRA.jpg (72 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
CAPTAIN AMERICA HYDRA.jpg
72 KB, 800x533
Marvel has proven to no longer be competent writers. I only really care about the films now
>>
>>29790644
Because that's not good enough, anon. It's not good enough to have loads of female, black, alien, etc. characters. The white men need to be removed.

Fucking sjws.
>>
>>29790183
Thanks to capitalism we can at least be sure of one thing:

If all that SJW crap doesn't sell and fails to meet expectations, then the top tier executives will eventually flush all that shit back where it came from. As long as Ghostbusters and all those other pet projects and experiments keep tanking, this trend won't live long.

On the other hand, if they manage to make enough money off of those people then we will see more of it. Gotta vote with your wallet.
>>
>>29790183

>SJWs will be pleased

too bad that SJWs don't buy comics
>>
>>29790183
Is she like pepper and rescue? Or did Tony just take a break for awhile? Is this an established character, or a new token character?
>>
>>29790573
Sounds like you're describing Sistah Spooky, actually.
>>
>>29790849
They don't buy videogames or watch sci-fi, either. But retards keep trying to pander to them.

They're an untapped market and all the execs think they can get it. They think women are a massive market and there's so much potential money to be had if they can get them into comics, vidya and sci-fi. But it's not going to happen.
>>
>>29790570
It's dumb

I'm only into Chinese Cartoons now but even as a kid I would have been able to tell how forced this is.
>>
>being mad at this
>not being stocked on new fap material
She's a cutie.
>>
>>29790947

I don't think anyone told them that the highest ceiling on the SJW shit is Buffy the Vampire Slayer tier success. I guess they'll finally figure this shit out before long.
>>
I don't read comics, but I can already make a better justification for a black female Iron Man, using the one we're given.

>Make Riri a probable age. Mid-twenties at the youngest.
>She's a brilliant scientist working at Stark Industries.
>She builds her own Iron Man suit secretly, using company resources, trying to test a theory for possibly making a better variant and getting a promotion.
>Stark Industries is attacked by a terrorist force.
>In order to survive the attack, Riri climbs into her untested, unauthorised suit. She manages to escape, maybe taking out a terrorist or two in the process.
>News media captures footage of at least two Iron Men present at the site.
>Tony Stark is spooked - His technology has been copied, and somebody owns what is basically a bootleg suit.
>Media is going wild with theories and sensationalism.
>Meanwhile, Riri keeps her suit a secret, even as Stark begins internal investigations into who built the second suit.
>Riri gets bitten by the superhero bug and goes around fighting crime because "I have the power to save innocents and be a hero and everyone will love me."
>In doing so, she makes situations worse sometimes because she's a completely untrained civilian.
>Stark gets increasingly pissed off that somebody is using his tech and risking their own life, as well as his image. If the impostor were to suddenly commit an outright criminal act, Stark will be fucked.
>Not only that, but the very fact that his suit's been copied hurts his ego - He's not as uniquely brilliant as he thought he was.
>He decides to track down this impostor and get answers, and to destroy the bootleg suit.
>Inevitably, the two Iron Men get into a conflict that neither really want.
>Stark loses, and his defeat is witnessed by mass media.
>Riri is seen as the true Iron Man because the true Iron Man would never lose to an impostor!
>Also she has actual hair, not that fucking afro shit that can't even fit in the helmet.

Where's my fucking writing job, Marvel?
>>
>>29790570
>reading comics
>in the current year
I'm black, you kids are the following:
>underage as fuck at least in mentality
>caring about the wrong things
>man fucking children

Instead of whining about muh diversity in a fucking comic, how about you look at the gentrification of your neighborhoods? Notice how everyone who doesn't live in a gated HOUSING community, not a gated apartment, is in a form of FEMA camp? Open to a degree, but around all sides you have niggers. Wake the hell up, start pruning your neighborhoods whitey!
>>
>>29790947
This. They're going to keep at it until they lose a whole bunch of money. How many "tripple-a" releases do you think they can afford to tank?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.