[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If evolution is true, why are there still so many ugly people around?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1393167465575.jpg (30 KB, 315x288) Image search: [Google]
1393167465575.jpg
30 KB, 315x288
If evolution is true, why are there still so many ugly people around?
>>
>>29789666
because of capitalism

people can substitute things like good looks and good genetics with money instead
>>
Ugly people scare off predators
also RAPE
>>
Isn't evolution stopping for us or something? We basically don't have any predators so most people have a long lifespan and the opportunity to reproduce.
>>
Ugly women still breed and pass down ugly genetics
>>
>>29789666
I don't know, Satan. You tell me.
>>
human beauty is a product of idealism, I.E. human selection based on ideals of beauty instead of natural selection based on ability to survive and reproduce
>>
>>29789666
evolution fake af
>>
File: 1395982911080.jpg (75 KB, 816x877) Image search: [Google]
1395982911080.jpg
75 KB, 816x877
>>29789666
Because rape is still a thing.
>>
And if god doesn't exist, how do you explain a sunrise?

Checkmate athiests
>>
>>29789666
Rape.

The answer is rape.
>>
Because in the middle ages no matter how ugly or attractive you are, you would have to be married to some random person. Sexual liberation is a new thing after all.
>>
Ugly people can have good looking children
and
Good looking people can have ugly children
also
Contergan, Agent Orange
>>
>>29789666
that's not how evolution works. it doesn't get rid of qualities we consider negative today. it has no concept of positive or negative. only of successful proliferation, which ugly, stupid people are very good at.

>>29789716
it isn't stopping. it's just irrelevant in relation to the advancement of technology.
>>
>>29789716
To a degree, yes. Modern medicine has circumvented natural selection. Industry, especially industrial farming, has as well. Inferior individuals are maintained by their families or the government, and they breed.

This is part of the reason i think eugenics is a good idea. At the very least people ought to pass some kind of testing in order for permission to produce offspring. Nevermind difficulties in implementing such a policy. I know it's unrealistic.
>>
A common misconception is that evolution is "survival of the fittest", when it reality it's survival of "the good enough".
The only thing that matters from an evolutionary perspective is that you're fit enough to reproduce.

Also what this guy said.
>>29789823
>>
>>29789666
Because it has nothing to do with evolution?
>>
Evolution doesnt have a consciencesess, or it doesnt make decisions, some evolutionary traits or terrible, and some happen to be good. Eventually the terrible ones get less and less because genetic failures are less likely to breed, but soon enough they're replaced with other terrible traits, or as said earlier they rape stuff.

Some people carry terribly undesirable traits, but they only show up in their children or grandchildren. Its basically just a roll of the dice, sometimes you get snake eyes, sometimes you get boxcars. Also humans as a species haven't really been around long enough to have truly radical evolution
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.