[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cardiobots report in! We used to have regular threads, I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: cardiobot1.jpg (414 KB, 1096x1600) Image search: [Google]
cardiobot1.jpg
414 KB, 1096x1600
Cardiobots report in! We used to have regular threads, I don't know what happened. I did a 5k this morning, a lot of qts were on the greenway. I'm currently training for a half marathon. Post about your running, cycling, and swimming exploits in here.
>>
> start running
> tear my acl

Ans that's how I stopped running.
>>
>>29789296
Don't give up anon! Anyone can do it, you just need more experience
>>
>no qt cardio gf to pondet life's mysteries whilst we urban explore

WHY
EVEN
RUN
>>
>>29789536
So many cardio girls where I run and in a group I occasionally run with. Maybe one day I'll get a cardio gf.
>>
File: cardiobot2.png (514 KB, 1735x2549) Image search: [Google]
cardiobot2.png
514 KB, 1735x2549
Please respond to my thread thank you ! !!
>>
>>29789047
Holy shit is this an actual thing? A cultural export from /fit/ or has this board managed to create its own subcultures like this

Wtf
>>
>>29790194
What? These threads were popular before the robot was turned back on. Running and cycling are very robotic activities. You can do them alone, usually in places where there are no people. It's a healthy way to improve yourself.
>>
Distance running/calisthenics master race reporting in. Balanced body, and all muscle I out on shows. Used to be an ss fag and before that a brosplits fag, but before that a cross country runner. Lost my six pack, got weird lower body upper body proportions. Now just a little bit back into running while supplementing with calisthenics I feel a lot better and was even getting smiled at by a high caste Indian qt today. Also, I can travel and not have to pay gym day fees.

Also, any cardio bots like hiking here? Went out with my friends yesterday and it felt great. Even got some bouldering in. On the way back down some trail runners pasted us and we started jogging behind them to fuck with them. It seemed to motivate them, kek.
>>
cardiofags: what's the best way to train for a half-marathon? I can run up to 3 miles no problem and used to do it in highs chool but but I don't think I've ever run more than 4 miles at a time in my life.
Also I messed up my ankle years ago and the tendon or something keeps snapping in and out whenever I rotate it. It used to hurt after running for a few miles but it seems to be fine now, although I haven't really ran as far as I could for a long time. Think it could last for 13 miles?

Do any of you weight train, too? Or just stay skelly mode?
>tfw can't seem to break 130 lbs after months of lifting and eating whatever I want
>>
File: 1445371327475.jpg (108 KB, 970x840) Image search: [Google]
1445371327475.jpg
108 KB, 970x840
I don't care about getting muscular or anything I just want to lose weight and get a little bit of tone.
Is cardio right for me? 6'0 227 lbs here
>>
>>29790337
Half marathons are pretty easy to push yourself to finish, even if it doesn't seem like it. The key is slowly ramping up your mileage week after week. Really, the hardest part for new runners is increasing the number of days they run. Try doing 3-4x3mi + 1x5mi in a week and then increasing the mileage of the longer run. As for the tendon, ask a doctor.
>>
I'm going to buy a bike. I need it to commute around town but I would also like to get into cycling, definitely for exercise but maybe for comp. I live in the most bike friendly city on the USA so it would be easy to get around. My older brother has worked for bike companies and is a cycling enthusiast (as a hobby) that has connections that could get me a 30-40% discount on gear. I'm talking to him about it but I would like some advice.

When it comes to shopping I get overwhelmed by choices easily and just shut down. I really need the bike and I want to use it but it is hard to shop. Where do I start with shopping for a bike? Also, I have a hard time talking to salesman so I will only visit the local bike shops as a last resort.
>>
>>29790472
Why would you come to /r9k/ for advice when your brother can obviously do it better for you? You're gonna have to visit the bike shops, just be with your brother and he'll probably handle the talking.
>>
>>29790619
He can't come with me. He told me to find some brands I was interested in but I have no idea where to start.

I posted here on a lark, I was here anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 500x464
Swimbot reporting in. My moobs have shrunk down to an actual chest and it's the best feel I've had all summer
>>
>>29790765
Where do you swim? When the semester starts again and I have access to my uni's gym I might start swimming.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.