[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is America a meme? I'm not from the US, and it seems to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (49 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
49 KB, 480x640
Is America a meme?

I'm not from the US, and it seems to me that everything great is in the US. Like online shopping, everything new, anything online etc etc you probably have encountered it more than me. Because of all this, I'm thinking of moving to the US. But I know neither how nor if I really should.

I'm white and I speak German and English. I have a German passport.

Is it worth going to the US or will I get shot daily?
>>
>>29788096
Also this is probably redundant since I posted here but I'm a bit of an autist.
>>
>>29788096
America is great for talented and capable people since the free market and individualism roots out all those who are incapable of competing in such a society.
>>
>>29788126
I'm smart and talented but I hate doing physical work. I guess America does almost everything digital now so I wouldn't be homeless I think to say the least.

Talking about homes, I read that in America houses are way too pricy. Even rent is expensive. Is this true? Are there cheap housing options?
>>
>>29788126
Yea idk about Europe but half the people here have shitty lives consisting of waiting on a bench with shit full of plastic bags waiting to catch the bus to go to their commie block apartment.

Then the rich neighborhoods insist on using mexican labor instead of being sensible and buying robotic lawnmowers made by the company that makes roomba.

Its only a good place if youre rich, probably to a greater extent than in Germany
>>
>>29788096
I'm a Brit that's been in the U.S. for two years, it's pretty nice living. Lots of spacious apartments/homes for rent that are really cheap in comparison and you can pretty much buy or find anything you want on site likes Amazon without being region locked from anything since North America is like the default shipping area.
>>
>>29788096
>Is America a meme?
As an American, I know that the idea that America is a meme is a very popular meme

Google "propositional nation". America is an idea, not a race of people, therefore any shitskin or faggot can be an American as long as he believes in "muh freedums"
>>
>>29788177
On a side note, if you have any serious medical conditions I wouldn't do it because the medical bills will ream you up the ass, but if you're fairly healthy you'll be better off than most places.
>>
>>29788213
I don't have any medical conditions but I wear glasses, is that a problem?
>>
>>29788180
I sympathize with a lot of American ideals, I think I'd fit in quite well.
>>
america is literally a gameshow that accidentally became a country

literally every law they have supports this
>>
>>29788360
Not at all

original
>>
File: 1455822538372.jpg (84 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
1455822538372.jpg
84 KB, 660x495
>>29788096

If you aren't in a gang, you won't get shot in the U.S., only about 20% of gun murders in the U.S. aren't gang related, leaving you with about a 0.07% chance of getting murdered with a gun. That is, if you divide non-gang related gun murders by the total amount of DEATHS. 2.6 million of the 330 million people in the U.S. die every year. The 0.07% figure I calculated dictates the chances of getting murdered by a gun, rather than any other form of death. If you wanted to calculate your chance of getting shot or LIVING, that number drops to about 0.0005%. To put that in plain English, if in a given year you were either going to survive to the next year or get shot, there's about a 99.9995% chance you'll live another year if you aren't in a gang. So if you aren't in a gang your chances of getting shot are too low to be statistically or philosophically significant.

Anyway, to answer your first question, yes and no, America is a sub-meme. America is essentially like one big 'empire' with a bunch of semi-independent member nations within. This means that some states are pretty close to the fantasy of the American Dream, i.e. freedom, wealth, etc. However, due to this allowance of our states to self-govern in most areas, some states are essentially like some of the shittier European countries. This means less economic freedom, civil rights, restrictions on the Constitution, etc. For example, California, which caters to is easily the most corrupt state in the Union. California has a lot of restrictions on what Americans consider fundamental, inalienable rights; rights that can't be taken away unless you are in prison for a serious crime or are in the military. For example, if you hate your cousin- who happens to be in possession of a hunting rifle- you can have them disarmed and potentially put in a mental institution with little questions asked (if any). This is alleged, but California has also been known to deny people voting rights (!!!) recently.

Cont.
>>
>>29788096
Honestly speaking of you aren't born rich or if you aren't talented you will have a shitty life here.

But if you're either of the above US is the best place to be.

Basically if you are average or below average Sweden and Norway are exceptionally good,even fucking poor people have almost same lives as rich.

But if you are talented just move to US and you will live life to it's fullest.
>>
>>29788126
> America is the only country with free market
>>
>>29788096
>Is it worth going to the US or will I get shot daily?
you're white you're fine
just don't go in the getto areas and getto people
also driving is different here for some stupid reason

now if you're a minority you would have to watch out for cops n shit
>>
If you live in a major german city you already have all the same luxuries as americans.
>>
>>29788605
Definitely no

Try being a software engineer in Berlin and then try to do the same in silicon valley.

The difference in pay,lifestyle and everything is humongous.
>>
>>29788453

To juxtapose Californian government, we can look at a state like North Dakota. North Dakota was calculated to be the most free state in the union based on it's policies, while California is the second to least free, right in front of New York. New York has high taxes for things like alcohol, and tobacco, while North Dakota has no taxes or little taxes to speak of when it comes to things that are traditionally considered "contraband." While it doesn't have the legalized marijuana of Oregon or Colorado, the lax gun laws of Arizona, or the low victimless crime arrest-rate of Massachusetts, it has amazing low taxes and high overall civil rights. You can essentially live without government interference your entire life there.

>>29788169

As far as housing goes, yes, it is more expensive to buy a nicer house. This is in part because of the high amount of houses built in rural, open land. If you've never walked around in the great forests of Michigan or California, camped in the rolling plains of the American breadbasket, or hiked the purple mountain majesties of Colorado, you couldn't begin to know the true beauty of North America. The entire population of America could easily fit into Texas, but we are obviously spread out across the entire country, meaning we have huge areas of rural spaces that border huge metropolises. And obviously, both a cabin in the beautiful wilderness and a studio apartment in Chicago are both really expensive but because their both in complete beauty. However, there is a good side, in that Americans are about the 3rd wealthiest people on Earth, so we can afford a bit more.
>>
>>29788537
You can live a life of total luxury on minimum wage, what are you even talking about?
>>
>>29788750
Can you tell me if Rhode Island is a shitty state or not?
>>
>>29788096
besides things that are highly culture specific
>there is nothing that the us isn't the worst at
>there is nothing that the us---some other bit of it---isn't by far the best at
it's nice, can't stand middle-european mediocrity

also everyone is a normie in germany. even the "alternative" are just scene normies. even everyone you think is a robot drags you out for a "fun" night of socializing at the local kneipe. it's really quite horrible.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.