[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you gotten /fit/ yet? No matter how you look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: PsEU6Yi.jpg (349 KB, 2600x2184) Image search: [Google]
PsEU6Yi.jpg
349 KB, 2600x2184
Why haven't you gotten /fit/ yet? No matter how you look right now you will become chad.
>B-BUT MUH PERSONALITY!!
None of that shit matters when you start looking good
>>
Can confirm.
But those stretch marks tho.
>>
How the fuck did he go from 42 year old suburban dad to 20 year old weed dealer.
>>
>>29785700
Because I'm a hungry skeleton and I find it excruciatingly hard to eat more than 1800 calories a day.
>>
>>29785700
looked best at 217

>tfw no big bear bf to snuggle
>>
Not being a fatass is pretty easy for me. Building muscle mass is a bitch though.
>>
>>29785700
Ive gotten /fit/ and im exactly where i used to be.
1. Getting fit wont always make you handsome
2. Believe it or not most girls couldnt care less about lines on your stomach
Literally no one cares. The only thing that changes is some guys will make dumb jokes about your protein intake all the time.
I still feel like getting /fit/ was the best decision of my life but for other reasons.
>>
File: 1456704740634.png (467 KB, 716x720) Image search: [Google]
1456704740634.png
467 KB, 716x720
>>29785700
>272 is fatass now

Y-yeah!
>>
My shitty fucking joints dislocate with every lift and they aren't strong enough for certain things. If I try to deadlift, my arms stay on the ground. I don't know what to do besides take fish oil
>>
cause my facial genetics are nowhere near as nice as the OP's picture and I'm already skinny right now and don't see much change happening in my life if I get /fit/
>>
>>29785754
drink a tall glass of whole milk (3 cups) with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. that's 1350 calories, and if you make your breakfast drink a protein shake you can probably bump it up to 1800 calories purely through drinking. from there it's not hard at all to get the extra 1000-1200 calories you'd need for a good bulking diet.
>>
>>29785700
I did get fit, but it didn't help because my face turned out to be ugly even when thin.
>>
I wouldn't be here if I had any semblance of will power.
>>
>>29785933
>drink a tall glass of whole milk (3 cups) with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. that's 1350 calories

3 cups of whole milk is 400-450 cal you fucking lunatic, not 1350. google it
>>
>>29785955
1350 calories over the course of the day you mongoloid. 9 cups times 150.
>>
>>29785933
>>29785754
don't get all your protein through dairy, you will get gyno from all the estrogen

get most of your protein from meat and fish
>>
>>29785955
3 cups 3 times = 9
goddamn
>>
>>29785754
Start lifting. It will make you hungrier.
>>
I am fit. I'm just not as fit as I want to be. I still don't have the six pack but very little body fat so idk what the deal is. Most of my muscle mass is in my shoulders and my best lifts are shoulder press and bench. I can run/bike a long time. I feel like a failure desu.

For reference I'm 5'7 155

Working out has helped my face aesthetics significantly though.
>>
>>29786025
Do more deadlifts/squats. Sounds like you mainly do a lot of cardio and upper body. Eat more too.

For abs do situps/crunches. Normally that's shit-tier advice because it doesn't burn fat but in your case it sounds like you actually need to build the core muscles.
>>
File: me.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
me.png
1 MB, 1280x960
guess my weight please, i'm 5'9
>>
What if you're below six feet?
>>
>>29786128

i'd say 150lbs +-5lbs
>>
File: upset george.gif (339 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
upset george.gif
339 KB, 300x165
>lose 30 kg last year
>look disgusting skinnyfat
>have perky but chiseled pecks/manboobs because of my daily bodyweight workout routine
>tfw

I look pretty good with clothes on, I have that "V" shaped upper body and my pecks can be seen as bumps under my shirt so that I have that "Chad look", but beneath all the clothes I look like doughy nerd. I also have veiny thick arms because of all the push ups and pull ups I do every day.

I also noticed after losing weight that my face was not only fat, but naturally wide as well. That means my face will look fat no matter what.
>>
>>29785754
Same, i'm a skeleton and used to eating one meal a day.
>>
>>29786160
i'm 144lb, time for a cut? i want ottermode
>>
I have no energy, everytime i start lifting i quit in few weeks since it's so boring. And when i try to eat alot i always feel really sick and throw up
>>
>>29785700
>None of that shit matters when you start looking good
I was fit for 2 years but nothing changed. I don't blame women but if you are an autist it won't help
>>
File: pizza_trad_pepperoni.png (437 KB, 1538x776) Image search: [Google]
pizza_trad_pepperoni.png
437 KB, 1538x776
I can tell you never posted on /fit/. /fit/ is /r9k/ except in a lot better health. They look like Chad but are nowhere near Chad-status.

Pic related. Once you can eat one whole pizza for all your meals while fucking all the girls without spilling your spaghetti, then you are a Chad.
>>
>>29786317
>boring
Do superior bodyweight training. Its like a game so you dont get bored.
>>
>>29785700
I've been fat all my life.
Two years ago, i almost made it (in regards to weight loss)
Got pretty close to my ideal weight. I was so much happier.
Now i'm a fat fuck again. My motivation is dead. I got diagnosed with clinical depression but i can hardly blame that, only myself.
>>
>>29785754
iktf

gainer and brotein powder is your way to go famicom
>>
>>29786292
Stop posting your pic here, faggot. There's a fitness board right on the bar at the top, where this sort of shit is appropriate, go post it in CBT.
>>
File: 1467375807870.jpg (21 KB, 277x213) Image search: [Google]
1467375807870.jpg
21 KB, 277x213
>>29785700

So just wondering

im 6'2-6'3 ish and i weight 205lbs
my body appears probably like the 2nd one on the bottom

how long would it take me to be the same tier of fit as the last pic.

I feel like to lose weight you have to work out for like 4 hours a day to even lose a pound.

i have a high medium- low high metabolism

How long do you think it would take me to get to cute flat tummy mode

if i did 50 situps, and swam laps for an hour every day.

because man i dont want to have to put fucking 30 hours a week into trying to be fit.

and if you eat one plate of pizza rolls you pretty much gain a whole pound.

and what are some good starting exersizes that burn a good ammount of weight, that wont make me feel like im dying.
>>
>>29786774
Your metabolism isn't why you look that way. Download myfitnesspal, and cut, you'll lose weight you eat less than your TDEE. Do that until you look the way you want.

Working out is good if you want to get more muscular, but weight loss comes from diet.This is all in the sticky over on /fit/.
>>
>>29786803
isnt cardio also really good for burning fat.
>>
>>29786966
It is, but in the same way as your diet is. Cardio increases your TDEE, as it uses calories. It means you just have to eat a bit less to be below your TDEE.
>>
>lose 150 lbs
>loose skin hanging
>stretch marks all over body
A-at least I look better with clothes on!
>>
File: cxcNSxh.png (279 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
cxcNSxh.png
279 KB, 600x336
>>29787083

So basically

i was thinking of eating light meals with no snacking what so ever.

i dont know how acurrate it is but i think they say a pound of fat is 3000 calories. and as long as i dont eat a lot, and do a few exersizes everyday i should be fine.

i plan on like, doing 50-100 situps. and walking a mile or two everyday ontop of that. and working up to jogging when i build cardio a bit
>>
>>29785700
Thats total bullshit and you know it.

>be skinny guy with no hope of getting laid.
>decide to start lifting with bro whos already chad.
>wanna look good for the ladies.
>get /fit/
>now a 23yo virgin, still no hope of getting laid anytime soon

it's all about confidence, weather your /fit/ or not.
if it were as easy as just lifting /fit/ would not exist
>>
>>29785751
Beats me. After looking at that shit I'll start doing pushups and just running around like a retard for hours every single day. I'm not even fat, but if he did that in less than a year in a few months I'll be fucking buffed.
>>
>>29787200
That's not necessarily a good idea, you won't get good results from just stopping eating most of what you do now, and it's such a huge change that pretty much anyone will have issues keeping it up.

Go to the sticky on /fit/, and read all of it. It's not a whole heap of reading, and it's not very complex, but it'll explain everything you need to know.

Not sure if it mentioned this app in particular, but really, get Myfitnesspal, and count calories with it.
>>
Lost like 30kg, still look like shit, still feel like shit, I have skin hanging on my belly and arms and Im only skinnyfat feelsbadman
>>
>>29787298
>cardio and pushups
Yeah m8, you'll be total mountain of muscle.
>>
>>29787325

my only problem is
i eat a lot of poor people food.

and i cant afford to eat healthy.
and i dont even make the meals because i live at home still
>>
I need to get /fit/ but I need a trainer or someone to help me, and I can't exactly afford to pay for the help, especially how much trainers charge.
>>
>>29787449
bag of carrots and a head of salad costs as much as the frozen pizza.
It isn't more expensive, because if you cut all the sodas and sweets and processed food from your bill you'll easily be able to replace it with actual food.
And since when does staying home/with parents mean you can't cook?
Learn to cook and cook for your whole family a healthy portion of chicken with green vegetables and some rice/potatoes (not fries), or let your mom teach you, guaranteed that any food she cooks regularly is about as expensive as 'poor people food' and twice as healthy, unless you literally eat nothing but beans for dinner.
>>
>>29787504
This. And on top of this, losing weight is portion control as much as what you eat. If you only have access to shit food, just try to eat as healthily as you can (frozen and processed foods are generally more expensive than just buying ingredients and cooking in bulk), and only eat enough of them to stay within your limits.

If you're more interested in making excuses for why you can't do something though, then there's nothing I can do to help you.
>>
>>29787468
just go with a m8, it'll give you a bit of competition to keep you motivated. plus they can spot you on heavy lifts.
if not just force yourself to go alone, once you get into the habit its easy
>>
>>29785700
Started at 215
now at 175 in the past 7 months. 5'7 male

Feels good man. Goal is about 140lbs or maybe 150lbs. I use to be 140 but every from friends to family said I looked anorexic at that weight. I thought I was fine.
>>
>>29787468
Ask gym regular to help you with basics or tell you where/how to start even though most of the better gyms have some kind of a employee who keeps an eye on machines/weights and is willing to help you since you paid for membership or just mirror some people you see but use your brain i.e don't mirror the buff guy who's lifting his weight regularly but somebody who maybe started a month ago, if they do 5x20 sets and you just started cut it to 3x15 and do minimum weight and slowly build up until it gets to the point it's tiring/slightly uncomfortable and you have problem finishing your last set at full weight. Unless you're actual social anxiety robot then it shouldn't be too much of a problem, in which case watch online tutorials and go with all-around basic.
>>
>>29787504

We pretty much live off ramen, hot dogs, bologna sandwhiches, and white bread.

but yeah, definately soda and fast food are going to be cut from my diet.

my pallet is kind of changed, as to the fact that i really dont like sticky sweet beverages, but rather refreshing ones like water, or iced tea.

I switched from drinking a 2 liter of dr pepper a day, to drinking arizona tea. but i think ill start brewing my own because that shit still has a lot of high fruictose corn syrup in it
>>
File: D8l8blt.png (827 KB, 1027x608) Image search: [Google]
D8l8blt.png
827 KB, 1027x608
>dont eat
>be attractive
must be nice 2bh

all this dude had to do is not eat and he turned attractive, the underlying features and bone structure were already there for him, he just had to not stuff his face and boom hes chad
>>
>>29787688
Drop the tea (or drink it occasionally), drink water from tap if it's filtered and relatively clear, a bit of bacteria and rust from old pipes won't kill you.
Drink a lot, and I mean that every time you feel hungry, drink a bit of water, not whole bottle and wait 5-10 min before proceeding to eat.
Don't go shopping hungry so you avoid the temptation of buying quick meals, if you really are hungry outside go buy a sub or any takeaway you see them make infront of you that isn't mcdonalds etc.

Just don't fall into the comfort of eating quick meals, because what you listed aren't 'poor man food' but 'lazy man food'. If you were poor your mom would most likely only buy rice and beans and cook that every day because of how cheap it is
>>
>>29787749
I realise this is bait, but that guy clearly did more than just not eating, his skin is much better, he lost the glasses, got a better sense of style, better haircut, and seems to be a fair bit older, seeing as in one photo there's literally no semblance of any facial hair, and in the other there's a tiny amount.

It also looks like he dyed his hair, but that might just be lighting.
>>
>>29785838
>almost 300 pounds
>that's not even fat!
found the american
>>
>>29787865
you think if he was wearing glasses he'd be less attractive?
>>
>>29785700
that guy didn't get fit at all, he just lost weight.
>>
>>29787928
Yes. Still good looking, but less.
>>
File: 1467660575190.jpg (490 KB, 906x823) Image search: [Google]
1467660575190.jpg
490 KB, 906x823
still won't have chin or jaw so i don't bother
>>
>>29785870
Start doing distance running for a while to cut weight and get some bone density. Then, if lifting still hurts you try calisthenics. Also decrease running amount once you start doing calisthenics or lifting.
>>
>>29785700
I have a big ass head.

No one likes a big head.
>>
>>29785700
I'm losing weight so I can do exactly that, OP, and it sucks dick WAAAAYYYYY more than bulking up. I can work towards the latter. This bullshit right here? All I can do is be fucking hungry, walk a lot, and wait.

Fuck all of the things.
>>
>>29787784
>>29787688
Also, one more thing:
A lot of people who make this change usually jump to buying all that fresh food in bulk in one go like they used to before with processed food that stays 'fresh' and edible for a good couple of weeks.
Instead go shopping every 2-3 days to buy the basics (like a bit of bread, freshly cut ham and small portion of butter+oatmeal) you need to eat/you need to stock up on, this way you'll always know what you have and what you don't because you will basically go shopping every time you miss something instead of waiting until you need more things and try to remember them..
You will eat mainly food without preservatives that will go bad very quickly, fresh bread that dries in 3-4 days (still usable in cooking) and isn't packaged if you have a bakery section in shop, vegetables and fruit that will last a week tops if you don't eat it etc.
>>
>>29787784
why should i drop tea? what if its unsweetened or minimally sweetened
>>
>>29789008
because it's still tea and not water.
Get used to drinking water because your body needs water, consider tea a treat.
I can't really formulate it, but your staple drink should be water, not flavored water.
>>
File: IMG_20151206_115402.jpg (96 KB, 814x1017) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_115402.jpg
96 KB, 814x1017
>>29785700
>fit
>that guy
Hes simply not fat thats it
>>
>>29785971
>don't get all your protein through dairy, you will get gyno from all the estrogen
If only
>>
>>29787468
>>29787553
>>29787668
Why not have a robot thread daily/weekly and we all lift our feels away?
>>
currently eating at deficit to lose weight
no gym though
>>
>>29785700
God damned Americlaps and their lifting meme.
Most people aren't fat. The only fat people i see are women, and they usually have children.
There's no point for me to lift, i'm short, skinny, have no chin, no jaw, tiny eyes and wear glasses. The fat fucks who lift have a decent facial structure under their layers of fat already.
>>
>>29786231
you need gyno surgery lad
>>
File: 1458749087162.jpg (923 KB, 3191x1760) Image search: [Google]
1458749087162.jpg
923 KB, 3191x1760
Swimming by yourself in a lake is the only acceptable form of exercise for a true rowboat. Feels good.
>>
>>29785700
I had to take a few days off because I stabbed myself in the leg but I'm going back today even though I'm depressed as shit and have been signed off work
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.