[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which time of year makes you sadder, birthday or Christmas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1406624525095.jpg (69 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
1406624525095.jpg
69 KB, 600x901
Which time of year makes you sadder, birthday or Christmas?
>>
>>29785409
Both of them suck donkey dicks, and I try to treat them like just another day.
>>
>>29785409
I'm turning 20 this year, so it's not so bad. My parents are lovely and buy me gunpla.
21st is gonna be fucking depressing though.
I actually like christmas.
>>
Usually Christmas. Dunno why.
>>
Birthday is 1 week after Christmas. Family usually just gives me birthday cards at Christmas so they don't have to come back in town a week later. I don't even get a cake or extra presents.
>>
File: TaigaWP.jpg (568 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
TaigaWP.jpg
568 KB, 1680x1050
>tfw birthday on christmas

i never had a birthday party
>>
Christmas for sure. I haven't given a shit about my birthday since I was a kid.
>>
>>29785484
That's actually really sad anon, I'm s-ssss-ssoorry
>>
File: 1427453719004.jpg (81 KB, 319x303) Image search: [Google]
1427453719004.jpg
81 KB, 319x303
I would say Christmas, definitely.

On my birthday, it's my friend's birthday as well, so all our friends come over and we get plastered. I kinda lucked out on this one, because I know that we wouldn't celebrate so hard if it was only my birthday. I even got some presents this year, plus a letter from this gorgeous friend of mine. She showed up to our party and gave me it in person.

I don't really do anything on Christmas though, so that definitely gets me sadder. I don't really have a "home" anymore, since the house I grew up in got foreclosed. The closest thing would be my mom's place, but I'm not on good terms with my mom anymore and it's just way too cramped and boring there. So I tell all my family that I'm spending the holidays with my friend and they usually don't ask me anymore questions about it. I do tend to get pretty depressed about being all alone for the holidays, so I try to pull out all the works to get me through Christmas Day. This year I celebrated by tripping on mescaline, drinking a lot of whiskey, and finally ending the day with a few nose-burning lines of MXP. I was so high that I actually thought the world was ending, so it felt like my lonely party for one was going to be the Earth's last hoorah. That made me want to go as hard as I could, so I started taking sniffs and shots of everything I had on hand. I was texting lots of friends, telling them all my last goodbyes. I passed out at like midnight. I guess I was all Christmas'd out. My hangover the next day was pretty rough though.

S-So that's what holidays are like at the Anon household. Feel free to come visit.
>>
I've lost the ability to enjoy holidays. Started with Christmas like a decade ago.

Now I hate every holiday. Even the ones I can't justify hating.

Like I could be an edge lord and dismiss Christmas for whatever atheist flavor of the week...

But by all accounts, July 4th is amazing.

Can't stand it... and I don't know why. Watching fireworks leaves me terrible depressed.

However, my least favorite holiday is new years... while everyone is celebrating, all I can do is look back on the last year and try to figure out why i havent killed myself yet...
>>
>>29785409
Birthday. I'm more alone then than on Christmas and I don't like to become older. It's also the time of the year when I look back on my life and mentally list all the points where everything went wrong.
>>
>>29785409
Birthday, because it is made to remind you you're one year closer to death and that you haven't achieved anything, especially when your mother still insists on making you a 'party' when you're past the age of twelve.
Meanwhile you can pass off christmas as something impersonal everybody does to feel good at least once a year.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.