[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your relationship with your father? My dad just got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: happy.jpg (18 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
18 KB, 400x388
How's your relationship with your father?
My dad just got out of jail and we're going shark fishing tomorrow
>>
>>29784834
>going shark fishing
At least your dad will have you to accompany him when he goes back to prison, anon
>>
He's dead but when he died he left me all his money so I can be a NEET forever so I can only assume he loved me dearly. I have a sister which is why that's a big deal.

He never told me he loved me so I just have to make educated guesses.
>>
>>29784884
He probably wanted you to have options in life and pursue a dream that actually deserves financial support as everyone can be a neet anyway.
>>
I don't really like my dad. For the first 16 years of my life, he was nowhere to be found. Then I started getting of age, so he finally acknowledged me as a person. He kept trying to "establish a father-son bond" with me, but it was waaaay too little, waaaay too late. He'd approach me with all these stupid projects that he never followed through on.

>Hey, son! What if we bought a busted old car and fixed it up, just the two of us?
>Alright, yeah.
>Hey, son! How about I take you out in the Jetta and teach you how to drive?
>Okay, fine.
>Hey, son! You wanna go fishing this summer?
>Well, sure.

None of those winded up happening. I feel like internally he saw himself as a good dad, but he never had the actual actions and behavior to back any of it up. It's just not enough to say, "Well, I'd like to be a good dad, but I don't want to put in all the effort in." He never fulfilled any dimension of being a "paternal figure" in my life, so I don't really feel any kind of close relationship with him. He's just some strange older man who I don't know anything about.
>>
uses me as an emotional punching bag, thats about it
>>
>>29785064
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention he's constantly drinking. He decided not to go to this big family event at the last minute, because he needed a drink every few hours or else he'd start withdrawing. While we were all at the event, he was getting drunk at some bar and he showed up really early in the morning just plastered. I really feel bad for him. He used to have a big six-figure career and a luxury car, but he fell straight into alcoholism and it made him lose literally everything.

He was living in our foreclosed house for a few years. I had to visit him and I don't know how he did it. There was water damage on everything and leaks everywhere. I visited in winter, but it was somehow even colder on the inside than the outside because there were huge holes in some of the walls and windows. No hot water or working shower, so he just used a big pot of cold water to bathe with. It was the most depressing living situation I've ever seen. The bank eventually locked him out, so he had to move in with his parents.

God, I want to be angry with him, but he's just so pathetic that I can't even do it.
>>
>I'm a neet for 2 years
>Dad just lost his job
>"Yo son, I'll join you mowing people's lawns now jokingly"
We'll be all right I hope.
>>
>>29784834
He's a musician who drinks too much and I obviously got my tendency to depression from him, but we have a pretty good relationship. Feels like more of a friend than a dad now though.
>>
My father molested me multiple times growing up. It's fucked be up beyond belief and now I have a sexual fantasy of crossdressing and fucking older men.
>>
>>29784884
>>29784945
imo tho this would be pure love. my dad is kinda meh or whatever. but if he died and left me infinity neet bucks i would build a fucking shrine to that man and pray every day
>>
It's all right. He likes my sister more than me.
>>
Never left when I was one years old
>>
>>29786155
>:^)

does this have a story that will make my peepee go stiff?
>>
>>29786370
I can't be bothered to make one up, so no.
>>
>>29784834
It's not bad, we love and support each other, but my social phobia applies even to my dad, so we don't do much together.
>>
I always had a bad relationship with my mother and my father always did his best to stay out of our way and let us fight. If he had to pick a side he would take my crazy mother out of principle. He mostly just worked and we kind of ignored each other.

Nowadays we talk fine but my mother and I always fight if we have to see each other for long periods of time.
>>
>>29784834
was in another country for 15 years, came back then left 2 days before my 16th, then we moved away again. hes a bad parent honestly but i alwas suspected him of eing schizoid when i found out he had a brother thsat died a schizophrenic in an asylum
>>
>>29786441
Same. I wish he was more of a man.
>>
File: 0025 - XBadzhx.png (198 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
0025 - XBadzhx.png
198 KB, 355x355
>mfw my dad still calls me "big boy" since we don't know each other very well
>>
>>29784834
When I was a teenager I'd spend all my time on the PC. He got me into lifting so I'd at least be doing something active with myself. And he helped me claw my way out of NEETdom and I can function living on my own now supporting myself. He's a really quiet and introverted guy, but we get along because we both like lifting and hockey.
>>
File: 1458273451082.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1458273451082.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>29784834
He's a weak man, a robot. He didn't know how to raise me because he has no answers himself. Nothing he ever attempted in life worked out for him. It pains me watching him getting older. I wish he would have gotten some satisfaction out of life. Grandpa was the same, except he vanished somewhere after WW2. The only thing he told me over and over again is to think for myself, never give in to peer pressure, do what you want to do, be a free man. He never forced his views onto me.
>>
File: jerryr&m.png (112 KB, 370x452) Image search: [Google]
jerryr&m.png
112 KB, 370x452
My dad is a beta pussy.
>>
>>29786940
Basically me except for the grandpa part.

I sometimes feel like people were fucked before it even began.
>>
pretty fucking bad

i've been living with him for six years since the divorce and we stopped speaking a few years ago, just stay in our rooms on the internet 24/7 and sleep, he doesn't care that i'm a neet and doesn't really care about anything at all, he told me i'm free to live here until he's dead so that's what i'm doing, we have no relationship whatsoever, the rest of my family moved on without us a long time ago

i often ask him to kill me or to kick me out because i'm so empty inside from this lifestyle that i just want it to end, but he refuses
>>
>>29784884
How was his relationship with your sister?
>>
>>29787073
Father figures are the most important family element, for both boys and girls. It's always the dad.
>>
>>29787285
Makes sense I guess.
Dads for the most part are more logical than moms.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.