[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> "Uhm...and how long do I have to stay in the psych
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Afraid.jpg (10 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
Afraid.jpg
10 KB, 241x209
> "Uhm...and how long do I have to stay in the psych ward?"
> "Oh, we can't tell that now :)"
What have I done? They called me out of the blue to come to them tommorow 9am. Normally it takes some months to get a referral. This is some kind of trap. Do they even have internet? I thinkk I really should just not go, man.
>>
Damn man, cant help you.
whats your story? what do they know, OP?
>>
well when you get there you might get some cool drugs or just become a mindless zombie
>>
>>29784487
I've had friends who've been in mental hospitals. It's not as bad as you'd think. It isn't a prison, and they're not going to keep you with the dangerous psychopaths. You're gonna have a private room, get some meds, have daily sessions, and be given ways to entertain yourself.

Really it's a robot's dream if anything.
>>
>>29784603
Can I have my vidya with me? It would be hell if on earth without it.
>>
File: Afraid4.jpg (5 KB, 184x174) Image search: [Google]
Afraid4.jpg
5 KB, 184x174
>>29784519
I have a psychiatrist for about 1 month now and she told me to call there and make an appointment (WOMEN REEE!). The doctors most probably know about my severe depression disorder and social anxiety. I thought I could chill, because an appointment could take up to 6 months in advance. But now they called me and said that I have to be there tomorrow. That's all way too fast for me, I haven't even told anyone about it. And it's kinda fishy too, because the telephone lady said this
> "So, how long do you live in the U.S. anon?"
> "Since 2000"
> "Oh, your english is very good!"
WHAT THE FUCK I LIVE HERE FOR 16 YEARS OF COURSE I CAN SPEAK THE LANGUAGE! Fishy! Plus she won't even tell me anything in advance. They want my organs or something.
>>
>>29784636
Everyone smells like cigarettes. There'll be schizos, addicts, etc. No electronics, no sharp objects, and no shoelaces. It's boring, but necessary
>>
>>29784682
>no electronics
Fuck it, I would never put my feet on such place.
>>
>>29784487
Remember one thing. Psych ward primary exist to keep the insane out of the way of normal society, same as prison.
Everything else (includimg you and your wellbeing) willa always come as secondary.
>>
>>29784603
>get some meds

>get forced meds

yeah, great time.

you dont know what the fuck you're talking about, kid.
>>
>>29784647
I agree that is fishy as hell, don't go, anon.
>>
>>29784682
>There'll be schizos

Op dun goofed
>>
dont go anon
it sounds like the plot of some really shitty horror film
>>
>>29784487
>>29784647
The fact that you hae an option to not turn up means you'll be voluntary patient. Being a voluntary patient means the cn't stop you leaving (unless they think you're a serious and immediate danger to yourself or others) so I'd go

'course it could be different in the states. How the fuck do psych wards even work without public healthcare?!

>>29784728
>>29784636
The psych wards I've been in have all allowed electronics. Most allowed vidya but devices like phones had to be handed in to the nurses (though you could make a call whenever you wanted, just had to go sign it out). Some allowed electronics, vidya, phones, whatever.

None had wifi

If you do go OP, don't get addicted to meth. Ice, pot and synthetic cannabis were fucking rampant in all the psych wards I've been in. I've seen more than one poor fucker walk out worse than when he came in because he decided to spend his time in the psych ward getting fucked on ice.
>>
File: 1467794208858.png (167 KB, 307x332) Image search: [Google]
1467794208858.png
167 KB, 307x332
Act like the protagonist in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Minus the lobotomy
>>
>>29784759
Neither do you. The only point where they can force a patient to take meds is if they're involuntary, and a serious danger to the people in the ward or themselves if they don't immediately take that medication.

They're not going to strap you down and make you take anti-depressants, it's only ever volatile psychotics that happens to.
>>
>>29784487
write your masterpiece "stacy flew over the cuckoo's nest"
>>
File: 1467825244392.jpg (16 KB, 272x186) Image search: [Google]
1467825244392.jpg
16 KB, 272x186
>>29785244
Yes, I'm there voluntarily. If I can leave anytime, it kinda takes away my anxiety a bit. But I'm going to ask them beforehand and if I notice that something's off, I'm out the door. Maybe I write again how it went.
>>
>>29784487
>4487>>29784603 >>29784742 >>29785244 >>29785557
DONT FUCKING GO MAN DONT FUCKING DO IT MAN!!!!
>>
>>29786238
Good idea anon, you haven't really explained why you're going into the ward, but if you're not currently sitting in ER waiting to get put in a ward, you're going to be voluntary.

And as a voluntary patient, unless you're an immediate risk to yourself or other people, you can just apply to leave any time. As soon as the psychiatrists there, they'll interview you to make sure you aren't an immediate risk to anyone, and if you're not, you're out.

Good luck.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.