[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't expect to get a lot of responses, but I'd like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 528x480
I don't expect to get a lot of responses, but I'd like to get this off my chest

>have no friends irl
>manage to make some on an MMO that I've been playing for a few years
>hang out and fuck around in game, have a lot of good times
>suddenly stop caring about the game and quit playing, completely neglect to say goodbye to these friends
>almost a year later, start playing again on a new account
>reach out to friends in game
>turns out it was really fucked up that I didn't say bye when I stopped playing
>they are unhappy but the friendship is probably salvageable
>become extremely embarrassed and regretful, can't even bring myself to log onto the game for a couple weeks
>start playing again but not really sure how to reach out to them
>at this point they probably forget the name I'm using on my new account and are unable (or unwilling) to contact me
>with each day that passes it becomes more difficult to reach out
>I never contact them again

It's now a few weeks later and I've continued playing, using a new name. I have spent time around and even briefly spoken to one of the friends, but he didn't know that it was me. I think I'm fucked. If I reveal my identity to them again they would think it's really fucked up that I've continued playing under a false name, walking right past them and even talking to them without them knowing that it's me. Plus, I've basically done it again. After I reached out to them that first time several weeks ago, I never spoke to them again and once again didn't say bye.

Basically, I'm a really shitty guy who doesn't know how to maintain friendships, even over a video game, and as a result, I am back to being truly friendless.
>>
Don't be such a faggot, it's just a fucking game.
>>
File: pepecard.jpg (190 KB, 540x760) Image search: [Google]
pepecard.jpg
190 KB, 540x760
>>29783513
biggernigger pls
>>
>>29783542
That's what I thought. But when they made a big deal about me just suddenly disappearing, it really got to me. I can't get over it. I realized that the game may just be a game, but these guys were legit friends, the only ones I had.
>>
>>29783513
suck it up you dont need them i lost a lot of friends irl for ignoring them for years just accept these kinds of "mistakes". i wanted to be alone so i got what i wanted
>>
>>29783601
Same thing happened to me. Make a sincere apology and go from there, it's all you can do to try to clear this guilt from your mind.
>>
Make new friends. You can be whoever you want in mmos
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.