[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, what do u think about noisecore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 2LHGYO_ooiM.jpg (20 KB, 296x400) Image search: [Google]
2LHGYO_ooiM.jpg
20 KB, 296x400
Sup, what do u think about noisecore?
>>
Some of its okay i guess
Gerogerigegegege is cool
>>
It's the musical equivalent of dying your hair bright colors and putting piercings everywhere and dressing horribly. Because you wanna stand out by making others uncomfortable. It's not music, it's not "textually" interesting. It's just edgy shit made by hacks. That's not to say noise elements are bad. I like some noise rock and noise pop but pure noise is meme shit.
>>
>>29783333
We talking grindcore's noisier brother or we talking straight up ambient/industrial-noise?

I dig both though.
>>
>>29783387
*texturally
>>
>>29783333
Very fun to make, but edgy and dumb like all noise
I still enjoy it though
>>
>>29783387
There already is a musical equivalent of dying your hair bright colors and putting piercings everywhere. In fact, there's a few, and none of them listen to noise
>>
>>29783333

I think it's shit.
>>
>>29783387
It's a niche genre.

I've seen it live, listened to some albums and actually recorded a 30-40min noise album. It's very fun to make because it lets you do pretty much whatever you want. Sort of like taking all of your art supplies and beating a canvas with them. It's not really meant to hold all that much value it's just fun, some people find it cathartic.

I think seeing it live is a pretty awesome experience though. It's sort of like watching a band bomb their performance but it's intentional. It's just a very weird/surreal experience.

Listening to albums is probably the hardest to get into but sometimes they make for nice background sounds. Sometimes having them on might inspire you just by hearing some weird sound in the mix you like. Some tracks actually get legitimately scary/disturbing sounding.

I don't expect you to start liking/respecting it after reading this but for those of us that do this is why (or at least it's why for me)
>>
>>29783469
And what the fuck is that then?

>>29783478
I get it, it's basically just fucking around. I get that but there's people that just listen to it on headphones and play it in front of people just to get a rise out of them.
>>
>>29783515
All the different variations of scene/emo/punk people that actually dye their hair and pierce themselves? I don't know if I understand the question.
>>
>>29783554
I meant the musical version, punk music still has pop sensibilities at points. Not all punk mind you, it was mainly a way to describe the genre a bit easier.
>>
>>29783568
So you're personifying the genre?
>>
>>29783638
Essentially yes. That's what I was going for.
>>
>>29783387
It may not be interesting to you. But why do you feel the need to try to shut down other people who find it interesting?
>>
Just gonna drop some misc noise tunes

https://youtu.be/jW0DCDKCkzM

https://youtu.be/t76p6MHyGl0

https://youtu.be/FlcbOzzYLAk
>>
I sometimes listen to Russian noise. It's fucking crazy, sometimes I can't even translate song names lol
>>
Noisecore is gay cock asshole
>>
I like it sometimes. It's fun to listen to when you just want to drown yourself with sound and unwind. Although I like ambient better.
>>
My boyfriend has an own noisecore band and I've to listen to this stuff every fuckin day
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.