[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at mall >guy walks up to me and says "you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Low - Long Division.jpg (97 KB, 1095x1095) Image search: [Google]
Low - Long Division.jpg
97 KB, 1095x1095
>at mall
>guy walks up to me and says "you're just like other girls" just because I was wearing an Unknown Pleasures shirt

what the fuck?!
>>
Are you a girl?

He was probably taking the piss, because of course their are woman out their who will wear t-shirts like that because "they are like sooo indie", when really they are just looking for attention
>>
>>29783282

I am a girl. I'm not like those girls that wear Pink Floyd shirts without realizing they are wearing a Pink Floyd shirt.
>>
>>29783198
I had a similar experience.

Apparently it's popular for chicks to wear the Unknown Pleasures shirt even though they have no clue who JD are.

>Be me in highschool
>See a chick wearing UP shirt
>Run up to her extremely happy
>"Oh shit you dig JD? They're awesome I love post punk! You dig-" (it goes on, I was freaking out that I found someone that digs the same music)
>She finally stops me and is like "Oh this is a band...? I thought it was just a cool shirt."

I've seen a few other chicks wearing the shirt since then too.
>>
>>29783198
Wow! What a complete loser! If only I was there with my katana to teach him some manners...
>>
>>29783311
>I'm not like the other girls :^)
Shoo, shoo, we don't like wimin here.
>>
>>29783198
He was pointing out your basic indie bitch uniform. Maybe he wanted you to feel self conscious about your music taste so you'd explore better albums and stop being entry level as fuck. Honestly you should be thanking him
>>
>>29783517
But unknown pleasures is good you contrarian retard, go back to /mu/. Something being well known or not doesn't change the quality of it.
>>
Who cares, Joy division is super popular or some shit.
>>
>>29783311
>I'm not like other girls
Fucking shut the fuck up and please go back and stay on tumblr, cunt.
>>
>>29783615
It's good, not great.
>>
>>29783198

>unpleasures shirt

wtf is that? is this some normie trend i am not aware of?
>>
>>29783615
Closer is a better album. Not sure if they sell it at UO though, so I'm not sure if you've heard it
>>
File: 1458365504820.jpg (205 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458365504820.jpg
205 KB, 2000x1000
>unironically wearing an unknown plebbers shirt
>>
>>29783664
It's pretty great, what would you consider a great album?

>>29783674
Something being better than it doesn't change its quality either. Closer is equally as great, but there's no reason that they can't both be great.

What the fuck is UO, too?
>>
>>29783634
What the fuck? When did Joy Division become a normie tier band? Kill me.
>>
>tfw I could have bought any one of their main albums on vinyl

>got unknown pleasures specifically for the iconic album art
>>
>>29783746
Almost all music is normie tier. Exceptions are touhou stuff, neofolk, ie stuff you really wouldn't want to show normies, not things that are just a little dark or different.
>>
>>29783746
Just stick with r9kcore stuff like Have a nice life
>>
>>29783820
>have a noice life
>r9kcore

Why do you fags think every melodramatic depressing thing is related to /r9k/
>>
>>29783882
>why would melodramatic depressing thing be related to melodramatic and depressing board

Though I suppose this board isn't a depression board anymore beside a few threads. But it used to be.
>>
>>29783198
>>29783311
OP, the answer here is pretty obvious.

You're a girl who is
>not like other girls

This anonymous stranger realised you errantly believed this and decided it was his duty to correct you

He is a bit of a dick, but then you're coming here begging for attention with your femininity on a frankly spurious issue, so you're arguably more pathetic
>>
>>29783198
There is tumblr for this, go, they will appreciate you and accept you and you can go be an SJW with them, just not here. This place isn't for you.
>>
>>29783904
I'd say that melodramatic shit and acting depressed is much more of a tumblr sort of thing, those teenagers that identify with an illness they desperately try to convince themselves that they have than /r9k/. Though you could argue that that's what /r9k/ is anyway I guess.
>>
>>29783343
is it normal to start conversations like this?
do normies do it?

i'm a sperg and i get excited when i see normies with things that i sperg over, but i don't want to freak them out by going near them and talking when i'm a stranger.
>>
>>29783615
I bet you think NMH is a good band too
>>
File: 1461250248517.jpg (71 KB, 640x654) Image search: [Google]
1461250248517.jpg
71 KB, 640x654
>>29783711
>unknown plebbers
>mfw

i swear joy division was not considered overrated until the shirt randomly got popular and normies started wearing it around. fuck you all theyre still dank and nostalgic.

fuck your shit ill seizure on your stage and hang myself in your living room, i swear on me mum
>>
>>29784109
They're pretty universally recognised as such, yeah, and I enjoy their music. All of their discography is good.
>>
>>29783198
>gets this devastated when someone calls her out on her bullshit
wow, guess your just like teh othar girls XD
>>
I can't be the only one who doesn't like music, I would've thought less robots would be that into music but I guess this board has been normie for a while.
>>
>>29784368
I like to listen to lots of music in the background, but I don't follow bands or anything.

t. an autism
>>
>>29784368
Liking something you don't like doesn't make you a normie, retard. Not even wizchan believes that.
>>
>>29784414
wizchan has pretty good music threads.

I really like /hob/
>>
>>29784478
There's some talented people there too, there's a pretty interesting thread on /elder/ where people share stuff they've created, and some of them are really good.

/hob/ is one of the best boards there though, good taste. /dep/ would be good too if people would actually stick to the suicide general instead of making their own threads to attention seek.
>>
>>29784570
>elder
What's the entry criteria for that anyway?

I have a dynamic IP so I think I'm fucked.
>>
>>29784775
No idea really, I haven't seen anyone say there's an outright set criteria of how long it is.

You just have to have browsed for a certain amount of time, which is tracked by cookies, not your IP.

That's just how I think it works though.
>>
File: 17_gregory_luxury.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
17_gregory_luxury.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>29784129

piss off ian
>>
>>29783198
Do you live in sweden? Cause that would explain alot.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.