[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ ain't biting so I will ask you mooks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 932684_20060822_screen001.jpg (84 KB, 485x364) Image search: [Google]
932684_20060822_screen001.jpg
84 KB, 485x364
Is it just me or are most animated shows weighed down by shitty characters?

It seems as though many shows with great characters have a hand full of shitty characters bogging the program down.

Is this done intentionally to make the great characters even greater?

Example
>Rick and Morty
Rick is amazing, Morty can be ok sometimes, the rest of the family can burn in hell.

>Simpsons prior to 2002
Homer is pretty cool, Bart can be alright sometimes, Marge and Lisa sucked.

>Steven Universe
Gems pretty interesting
Townsfolk, boring filler material

The only shows I can think of where everyone was on point was Avatar or 00's TMNT.

Is this a western thing or what? With anime the majority of the time the entire cast is great or everyone needs to be euthanized; I can't think of very shows with a middle ground aside from Deathnote.
>>
Quality is subjective. You're only talking about your own personal response to these cartoons, not anything objectively quantifiable.
>>
>>29782055
I am not talking about quality of the show,
I am talking about how characters are written and things of that nature.
>>
Who cares, just watch Samurai Jack.
>>
>>29782010
Shows in general have shitty characters that "bog the show down", it doesn't have to be animated. If you don't like a character, then whatever movie/play/cartoon/anime/production won't be as enjoyable for you. /co/ didn't bite because this isn't exactly discussion material, it's common sense
>>
>>29782161
What I am talking about is otherwise good shows being bogged down by said character.
>>
>>29782010

Rocket Slime was such a great, comfy game. I miss it
>>
OP your a tard, diffrent characters will be enjoyed by said persons personal preference. Fuck you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.