[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any army bros here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 1080x1920
how bad is army bct? i wanna join but cant run more than 5 minutes without having to walk but i can do 34 pushups and and 54 situps. army basic seems cool but i would hate to get there and realize it isnt for me. my main concerns are bot veing physically fit and veing heckled by drill sergeants, how much does being screamed at suck, is it really that bad? i also wanna do 19k as an mos
>>
>>29780513
Not an army guy, but the yelling is something that you just need to tune out. MTIs tell at you and berate you to illicit a response so that they know that you cannot keep your bearing. Just recede into your mind and pick out the parts of their sentence that were important and pay no attention to the tone in which it was said.

If you want to see how you'll adjust to bmt life, then put yourself oin a bmt regimen. Get up at 4:45, make your bed, go do PT, shower in one minute, eat breakfast, and go about your day by 6:00.

A better place to ask this might be /k/
>>
They give you everything you need to succeed. You will get in shape in bct, don't worry about it unless you're fat and lazy. Be sure to put effort into physical training.

BCT should'nt be hard unless you go to Benning, which is dependant on the job you pick. I hear basic is soft now and it wasn't that bad when I went four years ago. It's all a game, just play by the rules and try to lay low.

Prepare to potentially regret your decision. It's worth it in the end, but it will suck, especially if you deploy. Or your unit could suck and you have a shitty mos.
>>
>>29780513
>how much does being screamed at suck, is it really that bad?
Nobody ever yelled at you before? Right place. Right Time, Right uniform. Just do what they tell you should be fine.
>>
>>29780837
I went to fort sill 6 months ago and it was easy as fuck. The hardest part about the whole ten weeks was fucking reception.
>>
>>29780850
This. The thing about basic is, the drill sergeants find like 4 or 5 constant fuck ups and usually just stay on their ass the whole basic. You will definitely get yelled at, at some point but it's not bad at all, it's just getting fucking yelled at. Turns you into not a pussy real quick and this is coming from someone who hates exercise and used to cry when I got yelled
>>
>>29780837
What's a shitty MOS?

Opinions on media production or intelligence?
>>
Ex-military police here. 90% of this particular board will wash out like little cunts the first week. On our OSUT Company we had 20 wash out the first fucking day just from the drills yelling at them, of which 4 pissed themselves. We had 5 attempted suicides from lack back cunts that were the spitting image of pepe posters. We lost roughly 3-5 people a week from then on in from fallouts, injuries, or others who couldn't hack it. No matter how your mind is, IF you join upn and even IF you DONT like it, you knuckle down and pass your fucking BCT and MOS school. Dont be one of the fucks we all look down on and make fun of. Dont be a name scratched off the list. MAKE IT. You are going to alone. You are going to have everything ripped from you. You will not like it. But you will be better for completing it
>>
>>29780837
thanks
how good at running should i try to get to? i can run about 2 miles in 19 minutes but its literally halfwalking im doing that couch to 5k 3 times a week usually
>>
>>29780837
Just tune out the yelling and realize it's just a facade. Drill Sergeants are people too, they just yell like that because it's their job. It's not that bad, but if you're older and realize it's bullshit, it gets on your nerves. As some said, right time, etc. Be 10-15 minutes early to every time. Also, help people out whenever you can. Try not to screw anyone over and be sure to be a team member.

Also, prepare to get in troube for other people's mistakes. It will happen.

That's all I can think of atm. The Army is probably going to be much different than you expect, but that can't be helped.
>>
Don't support American imperialism desu
>>
>>29780926
Don't really know. I was a medic, I enjoyed it. It depends on you as a person, really. I'd go with intelligence, it will set you up when you get out.

>>29780976
Look up APFT standards. It depends on your age. I had to run 2 miles in 16:30 ish, I think and I was 22 last time.

Biggest thing is don't quit and try your hardest not to walk. Running with other people in the Army is a big motivator and will help too.

5k will help, but do sprints too. Do 30/60s, sprint as hard as you fucking can for 30 seconds and walk 60 seconds. Do that for about an hour twice a week and you will see improvement. Eventually bump it up to 60/120.
>>
>>29780513
I'm a Benning Boy, went through BCT 5 years ago. You'll be fine. Do 60 120 sprints to improve your run. "Yelling" is a right of passage. Also why not pick a job that transfers over into the civilian world once you realize you don't want to do that shit for more than a 4 year contract? Carpentry and masonry is top tier desu.
>>
>>29780976
I ran my 2 mile in 22 mins before basic. At the end it was a 14:30 and I didn't even try my hardest when we were running. You have to eat right and excersice every single day, trust me don't worry about the physical standards part.
>>
>>29780922
>the drill sergeants find like 4 or 5 constant fuck ups
Not really, the fuckups just dig themselves deeper holes every single time. They like to fuck with you about stuff I got shark attacked in the chow hall the first week.

Also look up AFPT for your age bracket. I had to get down to around 17 minute 2 mile before I went made that one by the skin of my teeth. It's scored from 0 to 100 points for a total of 300, you need 50% for basic, 60% when you hit AIT and after minimum.
>>
>>29780976
Also, I'm biased, but I recommend not becoming a tanker. You will spend a bunch of time working on tanks like a mechanic and you will go to the field a lot. It's a shitty job. A good alternative might be 19d. I was in a heavy platoon and we operated Bradleys. You'll get the "tank" experience, but I thinks it a better middleground. I felt bad for tankers when I was in. Check it out at least and please, please talk to a tanker firsthand before making that decision.
>>
>>29780926
I was warned away from a few MOS. The thing most people don't mention about selecting one there are two major factors.
How well you do on the ASVAB. What job slots are available. Army MP's are over strength right now so that type of slot probably wouldn't be open. They give bonus' for stuff they need to fill, but keep in mind they probably need it filled for a reason.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.