[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You will never enjoy video games ever again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14
You will never enjoy video games ever again
>>
>>29780265
play heroes of might and magic 3, you'll enjoy it
>>
we all gotta grow up some time
>>
>>29780284
Tripfags just don't get it.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040716_101838.jpg (818 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040716_101838.jpg
818 KB, 2560x1440
Last time I enjoyed a video game was the day Nostalrius closed.
>>
How do people still enjoy video games after 20?
>>
File: 1462821142307.jpg (632 KB, 1000x1314) Image search: [Google]
1462821142307.jpg
632 KB, 1000x1314
I enjoy Overwatch a lot because its easy and competitive is fun.
>>
>>29780359
Aren't only like 3 heroes used in top tier play? That shits not competitive at all
>>
>>29780289

I know the feels
>>
File: 1462820678517.jpg (189 KB, 1099x999) Image search: [Google]
1462820678517.jpg
189 KB, 1099x999
>>29780383
>Aren't only like 3 heroes used in top tier play?
My friend, there is a huge playerbase that is not top tier, and its there where the fun is.
>>
>>29780359
how old are you? played overwatch for 2.5 minutes took it out of my ps4 and never put it back in
>>
File: 1450155678908.gif (221 KB, 561x560) Image search: [Google]
1450155678908.gif
221 KB, 561x560
W-why is there so much information on the screen? Has it always been like this, or is my brain already in decline???
>>
>>29780383
>Inb4 this character is top tier too if you know how to use him xDDDDDD
>>
>>29780265
ayyy I'm in that game right now, just beat Going Commando for the first time.
>mfw hard mode
>mfw all the mega weapons
when does the jewery end?
Also going back to the Phoenix in that game blows.
>>
>>29780265
But I'm enjoying Etrian Odyssey IV right now.
>>
>>29780265
I know that exact level of that exact game. The amount of times I saw my friend turn into a robot and the ship be under siege...
>>
>>29780301
go try it man, its a great game
>>
>>29780410
20 in a month. I play on PC whenever I'm not busy. Being good at video games isn't hard and when you can lord it over shitters its even better.
>>
>>29780265
Fuck i loved this game, the story line was great
>>
>>29780359
>I enjoy Overwatch a lot because its easy

Pretty much why this newer generation of games is shit.
>>
>>29780265
I'm still behind on shit. Shit with replay value. So I haven't even run out of games to like to wprry about not liking future games.
>>
Ratchet Deadlocked is the best game in the series
>>
>>29780478
If you're playing an exclusively multiplayer game then you shouldn't be expecting quality. They're built to sell, not to be good.
You don't think a lot before you speak do you?
>>
Jokes on you I play Japanese indie games and they're untainted by normies.
>>
Multiplayer(with friends) and gitting gud/wrecking people trying to git gud still offers joy
>>
>>29780265
I played the very game in your picture for the first time in years and for a week straight a couple months ago, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
>>
>>29780545
You mad shitlord? So because a game has multiplayer I should not expect quality? The fuck kind of nigger logic is that.
>>
>>29780265
>>29780334

Joke's on you guys I was never able to enjoy video games as a kid, so I'm enjoying them now.

I wasn't really able to play video games until I was 23. I bought The Orange Box and Lef4Dead for PC on a whim at a store.

My parents were anti-technology retards (we didn't get the internet until I was 17), so I only got to play SNES or anything else when I went to some weird kid's house or my mom brought with her when she went shopping at Costco or Sears where they had Virtua Boys and other consoles that you could play, but there was always a line of kids also waiting to play. My cousins had an atari 2600 and later a SNES & N64 and we'd see them at least once a year but again I was expected to spend most of my time with other relatives, etc.

We did have arcades back then, but I had only a few dollars to spare each few weeks which meant like 8 minutes of play time IF I ever made it to the arcades.

I never got to experience like the mythical adventures of Zelda or the frantic competition of Mario party or a LAN party and WoW in the early 2000s. Most I had were demo discs that I could afford with a monthly copy of like PC Gamer or something.

idgaf though, video games are super engaging today and if I want to I can always get most of those older games on an emulator or something.
>>
>>29780406
there's literally like 5 maps haha
>>
>>29780724
>exclusively multiplayer
Do you read or what
>>29780762
>shitting on baddies is ruined by map variety
???
>>
>>29780383
It's more like 8 heroes, with 4 slots always being the same and then two wildcards with a few choices.

Pro play is kind of irrelevant, though, because the meta is built around playing with a coordinated team of really good players and facing a team of the same. Pro games also have different rules, and that changes things a lot. (Hero limits, true stopwatch instead of sudden death, etc.)

Public servers, especially solo queue, are a whole other story, and almost everybody is viable as long as your team is decently well rounded. There's also a lot more opportunity for standout solo play in public games, like in a pro game every member is 1/6th of the team, while in pubs you can be 1/2 of the team if you're good (and might have to do so), and that means characters that complement the team less but can do more on their own shine more.
>>
>>29780334
I enjoy video games because they're a one-time expense and then I can play them all I want. (Aside from microtransaction bullshit that I don't play.) Most of my hobbies are fucking giant money pits, it's nice to kill time with something fun that doesn't rape my wallet.

As expensive as keeping a PC up to date is and the like, it's cheap compared to doing trackdays in my car and having to buy a set of expensive tires every month, or travelling all over the place and keeping up with the gear rat race in photography, or whatever.
>>
>>29780265
>tfw you actually enjoy older games more than newer ones

get a ps2 or gamecube and buy every bestseller out there.
>>
File: 1465986962305.jpg (41 KB, 321x320) Image search: [Google]
1465986962305.jpg
41 KB, 321x320
>>29780334
Ah, there's the "growing up means no video games" anon that comes around every vidya thread. Please project onto us how we're all basement dwellers for liking one of the most normie entertainment forms out there, and you're such an adult that not restricting yourself from them is the only way to convince yourself you're actually mature.
>>
File: skellyarmy.jpg (532 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
skellyarmy.jpg
532 KB, 1920x1080
speak for yourself op, I've been having lots of fun playing Total Warhammer
>>
>>29780762
>literally 'like' 5
>there's literally 12
HMMMM
>>
>>29780313
Fucking Dank Budz
>>
>>29781212
/twg/ represent
>>
>>29780383
>Aren't only like 3 heroes used in top tier play?
Nah, You see almost all the heroes rather consistently other than a small handful at professional level. Basically only zenyatta and d.va and widowmaker after her nerf get low screen time
>That shits not competitive at all
He meant competitive mode, it's just ranked/ladder in other games.
>>
>>29780334
I know you're memeing, but after turning 23 I've realized that there's nothing really new anymore.

Nobody tries to push the envelope in innovative ways unless they're nintendo's retarded gimmicks, causing practically every game that comes out to be no different than others.

I'm working through all the zeldas right now, but after that I'm done supporting this shitty industry.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1152x720
>tfw picked up warbands during the summer sale and enjoying the shit out of it
Building a massive and customizable army from scratch satisfies some autistic argue in me.
>>
>>29781368
which is why you learn how to use gamemaker and make a simple, yet fun and elegant 2d game
>>
Let's design a new indie 2d game guyz
>>
>>29781368
Let's see your game ideas Mr. Innovator.
>>
>>29781861
Sure.
No more zombieshit
No more qteshit
No more cinematicshit
No more sjwshit

There, it's that easy.

>actually defending this shit show of an industry

>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 612.jpg (35 KB, 612x479) Image search: [Google]
612.jpg
35 KB, 612x479
>>29780265
it's not the fact that I'll never enjoy video games again that makes me sad. It's the fact that I'll never enjoy anything AS MUCH as I enjoyed video games when I was a kid. The hard times make me enjoy the good times but when I was a kid is seems like there was nothing but good times.
women
>you'll tire of your girlfriend/wife if you spend enough time with her
drugs
>you drift away when you realize that they don't really help and make you feel even worse
work
>you can get fatigued even by your greatest passion, when you put a salary and time clock to it
Even if I get rich. then what? my financial troubles are over but will money satisfy my existential hunger? will it quell my fear of my mortality? will it bring me people I can tryly be happy with or even a decent gf?

It feels like vidya and cartoons were all I needed to survive as a child. now I eat shit so I can survive till tomorrow, only to eat more shit.
>>
i really want to but i can't find fun in them anymore

i bought overwatch 2 days ago and i'm already bored of it. not to mention the players act like obnoxious kids

i just want to play something fun
>>
>>29780724
he has a point

if a game is only multiplayer you can't expect it to be good all the time, your experience is dependent on other players. can you seriously not do basic logic and need stuff like this explained to you?
>>
>>29781212
I would play it for the spider mount things, those look fucking adorable.
>>
>>29782595
it's about doing shit that fulfills you, "brings you joy" or whatever. that's what a friend said, but he's a normie fuck from a rich backround and is tall and handsome so I don't really mind it
>>
>there are people who enjoy playing games made after the 16-bit era
How? Why? What?
>>
>>29782788
your friend is right but having money is a major advantage. You can have weird hobbies, go to school for the fuck of it, and travel. If I had money I wouldn't even be in america right now. I'd be in south america, asia, or europe, banging cuties and making friends. Don't get me wrong. money doesn't solve most of the real problems but it makes things a hell of a lot easier.
>>
>>29780265
>implying i haven't regressed into full retard mode and the only thing stopping me from descending into a black-out pit of drugs and false reality is, i don't know, let's go with conscience.

>>29782826
dude, polygons lmao. i can't get over that shit. there's a little person on the screen.
>>
>Playing games that came out after the downfall of arcades
>>
File: Fuckthisgame.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fuckthisgame.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
Dank souls was dank m8.
>>
>>29782826
Because 7 billion people on the planet aren't SUPPOSED to like and dislike whatever you like. Get over yourself.
>>
File: 1436579149078.png (2 MB, 1150x853) Image search: [Google]
1436579149078.png
2 MB, 1150x853
>>29781375
>>29781212
I can get behind these two. Mountain Blade and Warhammer: Total War are great fun. I have like 500 hours on Mount and Blade. Only 20 or so on Warhammer.

Sadly OP is correct. I rarely load up M&B anymore because I've played it too much, and even though Warhammer: Total War is just what I've always wanted from that union it just doesn't help me escape the loneliness and depression. Vidya just doesn't help me anymore. Nothing does.
>>
>>29782826
Do you know how many legendary games you exclude if you set the cut-off point for acceptable games at the 16-bit era? This is the most retarded post ever.
>>
>>29783430
So deal with your problems instead of trying to escape from them. That's not what video games are for.
>>
File: 3434534357.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3434534357.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
I pretty much only play pic related and the original Star Wars Battlefront games. Sometimes I'll play Red Orchestra 2 with a friend who lives far away

It's strange. I was so into videogames when I was younger, pretty much up until I was 19 or 20. I think Skyrim was the last game I played through right when it came out. Now I only play for nostalgia and to kill time before I go to sleep. I don't have any desire to get a PS4 or XBone either because I don't want to hook up to the internet all the time and I just won't play it enough.
>>
File: 1450883497474.jpg (56 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
1450883497474.jpg
56 KB, 645x716
I actually recently went back to an old game I grew up with: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

I know it is basically a copy of Age of Empires 2, but fuck it was addicting and it wasn't an exact copy.

Man this shit really does take me back. I actually started crying when I built up a fort because I instantly remembered I used to build fortresses and just see how long I could last. The battles would take hours, usually they were only decided by who ran out of resources first. Literally the entire map would be clear of everything by the time the game was over. This shit really does take me back.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.