[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm sorta at an impasse here. It involves a girl, as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 640x425
So, I'm sorta at an impasse here. It involves a girl, as it always does. She lives a little further away from me but she's a friend of a good friend on Facebook, and I think I want to ask her to hang out sometime.

My question is, should I go my usual route, talk to her through messenger, win her trust, and ultimately fail to engage her romantically leading to us never hanging our, or roll the dice and see how badly I fail in person?
>>
Do you know her personally? Best to just start chatting with her, I think, if not. Aside from the desperate, girls don't often like being asked out by strangers
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 714x130) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 714x130
>>29780409
See, that's my reasoning for waiting it out, I'd like to know her a little better before I suddenly am like "Hey wanna drive down here and grab a coffee or something" but I don't want to waste my time.

Next thing you know she pulls something like pic related (result of the last time I waited it out).
>>
bump

Orgiastic Communism
>>
>>29780510
You're taking the wrong approach. Not only asking someone out that way is terrible, but you don't need to get to know her. In fact, it's good if you don't talk too much to her before you ask her out.

I'd say try in person. In my experience it's more effective, but if you're better at texting then do it that way. Play to your strengths.
>>
>>29781357
You're probably right. I'm an okay texter in the sense that I'm usually able to keep a conversation moving.

Also, possibly a new wrinkle in this, she asked if I could be a cameraman/cinematographer for a Youtube channel she wanted to start a while back, maybe a month or so ago. Posted a thing saying "hey i might start a youtube channel and need a partner in crime" and I piped up.

Should I ask if that's still a thing she'd like to do? Because I kinda did already.
>>
>>29781574
Act interested but don't offer her a favor or do anything for her for free. That's a free pass to the friendzone.
>>
>>29780236
Talk to her through messenger and if the conversation is going well make up some reason you gotta go (so the conversation doesn't peter out) and then say something like 'it was cool talking to you, we should [insert here] sometime'
>>
>>29781596
Ah fuck. So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong all these years.
>>
>>29781674
That's an actual thing people do?
>>
>>29781720
Yes, you need to talk to her in person to move things along but you need to build rapport first (hence the good conversation). You might get rejected. Great, now you didn't waste your time.
>>
>>29781720
I've seen it happen a couple times and I understand the reasoning, like a good cliffhanger in a TV show it leaves you wondering what happens next but not furious as to how nothing was resolved (Hi, Walking Dead)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.