[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>internet is fucked up >have to call Comcast and have them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1398648610047.jpg (47 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
1398648610047.jpg
47 KB, 331x331
>internet is fucked up
>have to call Comcast and have them fix it

>mfw trying to make a phone call
>>
File: savir.png (28 KB, 957x751) Image search: [Google]
savir.png
28 KB, 957x751
>tfw work for tech support for an ISP
>everyone loves me on the phone, begs for my personal number and hopes to get me every time because I always fix their shit so quick
>partly due to my technical prowess but also due to me being there for 3 years while everyone else works for 2 weeks and quits because they can't take it
>tfw might get a dope paying job at Time Warner Cable soon
>>
>>29780118
oh, btw that ISP is like middle-of-bumfuck-nowhere DSL

>customer is mad that we aren't getting someone out there in 5 SECONDS to lick their anus
>mentions how Comcast is offering a good deal
>ask them why they switched to us in the first place
>"you guys actually answer the damn phone!"

So I understand a bit, OP.
>>
>>29780118
What's the magic word to make you do your job instead of smugging me over the phone, Patel?
>>
>>29780142
cross your fingers and hope you get someone who has worked there for at least 3 months (3 months is considered a vet desu). I'm american so that's one plus, everyone enjoys hearing a familiar voice to a "George" from the Philippines that can barely speak english.
>>
File: 1307576777001.jpg (34 KB, 600x567) Image search: [Google]
1307576777001.jpg
34 KB, 600x567
>internet goes down after being on a sketchy site
>>
File: someBODY.jpg (28 KB, 540x904) Image search: [Google]
someBODY.jpg
28 KB, 540x904
>tfw modem kept restarting
>went from once every month to 3 times a day
>call for tech support
>some robot says "we're sending someone out tomorrow between 1 and 4pm
>never even spoke to someone
>guy shows up today
>replaces my modem with this bigass one, brand spankin new
>mentions I've been having wireless packet loss(I didn't even know and my gaming PC is connected wirelessly)
>gives me 2 ethernet cables and two Ethernet-over-power thingamajiggers
>works like a charm on my PC

AT&T Uverse is pretty good m8
>>
protip: you press the numbers on your phone that correlates ( http://www.yourdictionary.com/correlate ) with the Comcast phone number
>>
>>29780445
ok thank you for the tip, but how do I deal with the "interacting with another human being" part
>>
>>29780494
By not being a punk bitch.
>>
File: 1467393512467.jpg (68 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1467393512467.jpg
68 KB, 668x712
>>29780086

>Hacked my neighbor's network instead of opening up my own because he has shitty WEP security and amazing connection
>Been using his internet for more than I can remember, probably over 6 years
>Last night the internet starts fucking up
>Used neighbors internet for so long I have forgotten that it isn't my network
>Mentally prepare myself to call the ISP for 45 minutes
>Call them eventually
>After a few minutes of asking questions they ask me for ID
>Remember
>Cringe
>Hang up

Now I'm internet-less until my neighbor fixes his shit.
Fuck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.