[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do teenagers bate being told what to do so much? >teenage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 1242x1204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 1242x1204
Why do teenagers bate being told what to do so much?
>teenage roommate in bathtub for an hour
>ask him to wash it out and he's mad about it
>wait another 30 minutes and ask him to wash it out again and he explodes. Cursing, wishing death upon me etc

I live in a house full of teenagers and it's filthy because if I ask them to clean anything up they get mad because they hate being told what to do. I've pretty much given up on keeping the apartment clean because we always end up having the "you're too bossy" argument.
>>
>t. guy who just turned 20
>>
>>29780133
>t. guy who just turned 21
>>
You have to gain respect. The concept of age = authority is dead.

If they respect you and understand why you are an authority figure then you will not have any issues.
>>
Find some adults to live with. Teenagers do not care about anyone but themselves. It's especially bad when they're fresh out of mommy's house with their new found freedom.
>>
>>29780073
Find a better living situation. Leave them to wallow in their filth and poor decision-making
>>
>>29780150
>t. guy who just started tripfagging
>>
>>29780264
>t. guy who responds to tripfaggotry
>>
>>29780171

Respect doesn't = authority. It means to treat others how you would want to be treated. So if someone asks you to clean the filth out of the bathtub after you've soaked for an hour, you respect the fact that they don't want to stand in your filth the next time they're in the shower, not that they're being the boss of you.
>>
>>29780298
What does that t. thing actually mean? I know how to use it in a meme but where does it come from?
>>
Almost all the time cleaning is unnecessary and only superficial. Dirty floors for example, I haven't vacuumed my carpet in 5 years and it's fine. There are some tiny crumbs of chips or whatever that sometimes stick to the bottom of my feet. So what? It doesn't matter. At all. If that triggers you it's because YOU have a problem as a clean freak. It's not my problem. Clean it if it makes you feel better but don't expect me to do it for you.

Shared spaces are a little bit of an exception but even then the bare minimum is all you can really hope for. Expecting people to clean a space they pay for / own is wrong. They paid for it, it's up to them whether they care if it's a mess.
>>
>>29780171
They hate me even more because I'm the oldest. They think because I'm older I'm trying to be in control of the house.
>>
>>29780329
Oh you're their sibling?

Yeah you're fucked. Get over it, just because you're an "adult" now doesn't mean they have to listen to anything you say.
>>
>>29780321
Not the guy you replied to, but I assumed it had something to do with the saying "Fits to a T." when something is a perfect example of something.
>>
>>29780350
I guess I should be their slave and clean up after them?
>>
>>29780382
you should stop being such a tightass and let it be dirty
>>
>>29780073
>>29780350
Why not just smack the shit out of them? That's what I do whenever my dumbass brother thinks he can talk back.
>>
>>29780396
I'm sorry I don't want rats and bed bugs. This is exactly why some of you can't get gfs. You stink and you're gross.
>>29780398
That's a waste of time
>>
>>29780373
>>29780321
t. Alberto Barbosa

t. means regards
>>
>>29780382
If you haven't already established yourself as the dominant male when you were a kid then there's no way in hell you're doing it now.
>>
>>29780422
>waste of time
What? Nigga, 2 fucking slap across his whiny ass face and that fuck will never talk back again and will do what ever you'll order him to do.
>>
>>29780422
>brothers don't respect him
>"lol you can't get a gf because you're gross"
>can't get a gf because he's a little bitch
>>
>>29780422
I've never had rats or bugs and I'm a fucking slob. Like Jr. Fridgebro level. I have at least two trashpiles within arms reach of me RIGHT NOW. It's no big deal. Fucking give it a break dad.
>>
making bigger messes won't work I know what your dealing with you can't do anything to change them they're young negligent and immature your only choice to have the lifestyle you want is to find more mature people to live with
>>
>>29780073
>I've pretty much given up on keeping the apartment clean because we always end up having the "you're too bossy" argument.
It sounds like you're being way too bossy.
>>
>>29780492
If anything mature people should care less because they know it doesn't matter.

I'm a mature man and I think that clean freaks are dumb immature faggots that should shut the fuck up already.
>>
I 2 am a young dude that likes to live nicely in a comfy clean enviornment i don't understand some people that aren't repulsed by that kind of living enviornment I think its lazy
>>
>>29780487
I usually don't say anything but I wanted to take a shower
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 431x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 431x312
>>29780541
>not having common respect for a living space that you share with others
>being the literal definition of autistic by believing your world is the only one that matters
>mature
>>
>>29780611
Not that guy but OP is talking about his siblings, not roommates. It's a completely different scenario.
>>
>>29780712
We are all paying rent in an apartment. It is the same thing.
>>
>>29780731
Why the fuck did you decide to room with your siblings?
>>
>>29780757
>we lived in a trap house in the ghetto
>mom killed a man
>I moved out and let them come move in
>>
>>29780582
>>29780611
Again shared spaces merit a slightly higher standard of cleanliness. I don't see how you could really fuck up a shower though unless someone is like... shitting on the floor and stomping it down the drain. Or like cutting their hair and shedding it everywhere. Showers clean themselves. No need for special treatment. Kitchen as well, as long as you have room for food prep and nothing is TOO moldy and rotten it's no biggy. Dirty dishes don't count as a problem.
>>
Seriously why give a shit if some mundane little chore isn't up to your specifications? Your life will continue regardless of whether or not he cleans it. You're not going to die. It also won't be visibly noticeable and I'm assuming he's relatively clean if he bathes so regularly. You just want to wave your dick around because you wanna feel like you're in charge. If it's such a big deal suck it up and pay your own way.
>>
>>29780805
I bet you smell like piss and shit
>>
>>29780833
Nope, that goes in the toilet which I clean when needed :)
>>
>>29780833
Joke's on you I don't have a sense of smell.
>>
>>29780775
Gonna call bullshit on this.

The sympathy card is super easy to pull when you look stupid.
>>
>>29780321
It means regards in Finnish
Unsurprisingly unoriginal
>>
>>29780881
Nope not bullshit. The only reason I moved out is because my mom is a dysfunctional mess and they came a long after a few months.

Now they repay me by being 100% ungrateful.
>>
>>29780947
Yeah

Still think it's bullshit
>>
>>29780964
The choice is yours Senpai
>>
>>29780073
fugg off fagg

original
>>
>>29780327
If you don't clean up the chips you will be ants or roaches you fucking imbecile

I honestly want to strangle you, disgusting fuck
>>
>>29782179
There are a few ants lingering from before the Soda Can Genocide campaign but that's it. Bugs have surprisingly strict diets. I used to have fruit flies drinking my leftover beers too but they absolutely do not eat anything else. Except for fruit I guess.
>>
>>29781062
If you are black I believe you.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.