[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people claim to be depressed, and oppressed? Lets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: andrus-whiny-baby.jpg (38 KB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
andrus-whiny-baby.jpg
38 KB, 540x270
Why do so many people claim to be depressed, and oppressed? Lets see:

>sluts and whores
>jacked up muscle guys
>rich people
>business owners
>other various successful people

One thing they all have in common is that a lot of them, despite being completely accepted by society, claim to also be depressed, and oppressed by society. I've even talked to these types on /r9k/, and I was shocked at how many good looking sluts and whores use this place.

So why are there so many losers in western society, who are only losers because they feel sorry for themselves? These people all have better lives than me, yet they claim they are oppressed when they aren't. Why?
>>
Shut up pussy...completamente original.
>>
Well, depression is mental illness.
It has to do with improperly functioning neurotransmitters.
It's like if the roads on the highways were broken and covered in ice, and cars kept sliding off and crashing.
>>
Cuz we live in a slave morality society

Nietzche predicted all this

All this SJW horseshit is just so rich white women don't have to own up to the only privilege that matters (wealth)
>>
>>29780804

But still, people that are successful and accepted by society have no reason to be whiny and depressed.

>>29780764

This post has not contributed anything to this thread.
>>
>>29779583
nobody will ever be 100% happy, they will always want more
>>
>>29779583
Worship money, you will always need more.
Worship beauty, you will always feel ugly.
Worship power, you will always feel weak.
Worship intellect, you will always feel like a dumb fraud, always on the verge of being caught out.
>>
>>29779583
A superficially nice external life does not beget a nice, superficial or genuine, internal life. I think everyone know's though.
>>
File: Adam-KadomFULL.jpg (692 KB, 1100x1565) Image search: [Google]
Adam-KadomFULL.jpg
692 KB, 1100x1565
>>29782087
annnd thats why i worship god.
>>
>>29779583
Because mental illness isn't related at all to your superficial features, like how good you look or how great your life is.

Depression itself is defined as a feeling of dysphoria out the norm for the situation you're in.

So, if you're just some failure with a bad life complaining about how bad his life is, you're probably just mildly depressed at most, because being upset about that is a normal thing.

Why has this oppression olympics around mental illness been so common recently? The whole "You can't have mental illness if you aren't in x group" is tumblr tier.
>>
>>29781077

Depression isn't something that needs justification. Sure it isn't the same as someone who is depressed AND completely isolated, but it's an issue.
>>
>>29782506
None of us are completely isolated anyway, generally people here at least live with family, or at the very worst, they talk here all day anyway.

The average age of people here is quite low really, so living with family is really common, or with room mates.
>>
>>29780804
Depression isn't the cause, it's the effect.
FAGGOT.
>>
>>29782680
No, it's not. Feeling depressed because you have a valid reason to is completely normal, and isn't mental illness.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.